Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We are 2 strikers down anyway ( Barnes and Hoskins ), so perhaps with an 8 million fee we could buy one 5 million striker, and another 3 million striker.

We still have the 4 million from the Bridcutt + Barnes fees to spend on the rest of the team ( -650K Stephens cost ).

Also a lot of wages have recently been freed up on the budget ( Bridcutt, Kuszczak, Orlandi, Upson would all have been high earners. )

Yep.

Either way, Sami has the sort of room to recruit not seen for a few years here. It promises to be fun.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Yep.

Either way, Sami has the sort of room to recruit not seen for a few years here. It promises to be fun.

Exactly as I was thinking, have money in from transfers, wages freed up from 10 players leaving/end of loans..so SH will have clear chance to freshen things up. Assuming budget is similar to previous years, this time unlike last year most of it isn't already allocated..

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think you are deluding yourself that we aren't a selling club. The only difference between now and a few years ago is that the players we are selling are worth more. Of course we will sell Leo if he wants to go. We will try and get the highest price for him and the buyer will try and get him for the lowest price and the deal will be somewhere in the middle. Apart from the top few teams in the Premiership, everyone is a selling club. Look at Soton. Walcott, Bale, Shaw, Oxlade-Chamberlain. A selling club. Expect more from us when our youth start coming through.

It's more a matter of degree for me. In years past we'd have taken the money at much earlier stage of the negotiations. As we all know each players does have his price, I'd suggest that we are now in a position to get it rather than take the first offer. So it maybe that we are a selling club, but we no longer give valued players away to the first suitor that comes along.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why don't Leicester do this then, rather than get just 1 Leo Ulloa from us ? ???

Coz they're in the Premier League - there's so little room for bedding players in there.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
How any replacement proven Championship strikers will we be able to buy for that £7m then?

How much did Grabban go for?
In all seriousness I can't see that we would splurge top dollar on a 'proven' striker, I think Bloom would prefer a gamble rather than get his fingers burnt against like with CMS(my opinion). I'd anticipate a league one striker or a relative unknown from elsewhere in Europe.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I think we have to be realistic here. To admit that 7m for Ulloa is not good business is nuts. By selling him it allows us to reinforce a squad seriously depleted, whilst aligning with stringent FFP rules.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Too many lightweights on here. We've asked for £10M. I wouldn't be surprised if we accepted £8M, but we DON'T have to sell, and we KNOW Leo will be nigh on impossible to replace.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
The more this drags on the more I think we'll keep him..

.... only for him to rule himself out injured on the first day of the season :( *hopeI'mwrong*

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Too many lightweights on here. We've asked for £10M. I wouldn't be surprised if we accepted £8M, but we DON'T have to sell, and we KNOW Leo will be nigh on impossible to replace.

What if Hyppia doesn't deploy a target man? Do we keep him for the sake of it?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If it is true that he wants to leave we could have another "Bridcutt" situation. Why does everybody think that Leicester are the frontrunners for his signature now other PL clubs have been alerted ? I believe this is an "come and get me" message to Poyet although we'll only get £8M max (perhaps we can throw in Buckley for an extra 2 mil)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here