Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
All Leo appears to have said that he wants to play in the Premier to some friends.

He has not seen the manager because he is not in Brighton.

Has had not said "I want to leave now".

Hmmm. But those friends have leaked his desire to play in the PL to the press. One assumes that if they did that without his knowledge, they won't be friends for much longer. Surely it's more likely that Leo knew that they would, or even asked them to?

Personally, I think he's going. If we get some decent players in for the fee I won't be too upset. He's given us 2 decent years and is 27 - he doesn't have too many years left to try to prove himself at the top level and he has tried with us twice already.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Hmmm. But those friends have leaked his desire to play in the PL to the press. One assumes that if they did that without his knowledge, they won't be friends for much longer. Surely it's more likely that Leo knew that they would, or even asked them to?

Seems like rubbish to me. Name some players that don't want to play in the premier league.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is 'friends' another term for 'agent'? Let's not kid ourselves that staying with us for another year is the best thing for him. He turns 28 this summer and, although I'm sure he gets paid handsomely by BHA, this possibly represents the last year that he'll could sign a 3-4 year deal on 20k+ a week that would set him up for a comfortable retirement back in Argentina.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Selling clubs tend to give their players away. We no longer do that. If Leo does go (and it's a big IF as far as I'm concerned) it will be on our terms not the buying club or Leo's.

I think you are deluding yourself that we aren't a selling club. The only difference between now and a few years ago is that the players we are selling are worth more. Of course we will sell Leo if he wants to go. We will try and get the highest price for him and the buyer will try and get him for the lowest price and the deal will be somewhere in the middle. Apart from the top few teams in the Premiership, everyone is a selling club. Look at Soton. Walcott, Bale, Shaw, Oxlade-Chamberlain. A selling club. Expect more from us when our youth start coming through.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Seems like rubbish to me. Name some players that don't want to play in the premier league.

Yep I would be more shocked if he or any other player didn't have Premiership ambitions.

It's a fair point

Is 'friends' another term for 'agent'? Let's not kid ourselves that staying with us for another year is the best thing for him. He turns 28 this summer and, although I'm sure he gets paid handsomely by BHA, this possibly represents the last year that he'll could sign a 3-4 year deal on 20k+ a week that would set him up for a comfortable retirement back in Argentina.

....But so is this. :shrug:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Well this is how it looks to me.

If a club accepts an offer for a player and the player has not "asked" for a transfer, he is often entitled to a loyalty bonus on completion of the transfer. Leicester have made a substantial offer for a player, which is now in the public domain and which has been rejected. Ulloa's "friends" are just letting Leicester know that should they reach agreement with BHA over a fee, the player is interested in playing in the Premiership, but he has been advised not to demand a transfer as it could hit him in the pocket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we can get much over 7m we'll sell I reckon. Completely understand him wanting to play at the top level (and take the money that goes with it) as soon as he can and will wish him all the best, although I think he'll struggle in the prem. Just hope it happens quickly if it's going to so Sami has plenty of time to get replacements

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sell for 8m and replace with Finnish international or German powerhouse.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sell for 8m and replace with Finnish international or German powerhouse.

I agree; kinda. If we sold for £8m, I'd hope that Sami would bring in a Finnish or German powerhouse as a replacement (as you say), but for, say, £6.5m, leaving £1.5m for 1 or 2 other players. It's be a hell of a risk to replace one player who you know works for us with just one replacement. If we could get 2 or 3 in total, we'd mitigate our risk somewhat.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I agree; kinda. If we sold for £8m, I'd hope that Sami would bring in a Finnish or German powerhouse as a replacement (as you say), but for, say, £6.5m, leaving £1.5m for 1 or 2 other players. It's be a hell of a risk to replace one player who you know works for us with just one replacement. If we could get 2 or 3 in total, we'd mitigate our risk somewhat.

Would rather we bought 3-4 players for £2m each.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
This is where our scouting network earns its corn. EEA players are generally less in transfer fees than their UK equivalent. Look at Leo, he cost us around £2m. If we can get similar quality at a similar fee, then after selling Leo for £8m and getting in his replacement for £2m we would still have £6m to re invest..

A risk as it took ages to track down a player such as Leo and we dont have ages to wait. But hopefully our scouting network has already identified similar players yonks ago for this very same scenario.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We are 2 strikers down anyway ( Barnes and Hoskins ), so perhaps with an 8 million fee we could buy one 5 million striker, and another 3 million striker.

We still have the 4 million from the Bridcutt + Barnes fees to spend on the rest of the team ( -650K Stephens cost ).

Also a lot of wages have recently been freed up on the budget ( Bridcutt, Kuszczak, Orlandi, Upson would all have been high earners. )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here