Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leicester Bid £3 /£5/£7.5 million for Ulloa

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think you'll see more signings like Stevens, decent players that can improved over the next couple of years - extremely doubtful that we will make multi 1m+ signings even if we did sell Ulloa. The Club is hemorrhaging money and we have just opened a £30m training centre. The focus will be on younger players who want to prove themselves.
We were about to 1 million for Grabban so not sure where you got your info from.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If somebody told you five year's ago that in 2014 we would sell two players to premiership clubs and bank well in excess of £10M would you have believed them

I would, but I never doubted the magic of Doug Loft and Jason Jarret

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
It's not like we are touting him about, a premiership club who can offer rediculous wages are chasing him, if they want him, eventually a price will be reached. The club are doing the right thing, holding out, but there is little they can do to stop Leicester bidding and eventually a bid that is too good to refuse will arrive.

reigate

Nov 10, 2005
Glenn Murray could only cost 2m and has a better record in championship than ulloa

Has he? Had one good season when they went up but didn't do much in his 1st year there. Did he not sign also a £20k a week contract just before he did his knee?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We also offered over a million for Adam Clayton, in the same transfer window.

Not to mention the fact that, as well as Leo for 2m, we were offering in the region of 2.5m for Van Dijk 18 months ago. Surely with 10m banked from selling Bridcutt and Leo, it wouldn't be madness to expect a 7 figure purchase or 2.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What if Hyppia doesn't deploy a target man? Do we keep him for the sake of it?

Hyypia has already made it clear he wants Leo to stay. So an early tester for him and his bosses.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He was hardly going to arrive and say he had no intention of keeping the clubs most valuable player?

No. He wasn't. Because he knows Leo is by far our best striker. So questioning whether he wants to play Leo as you did is just wrong IMHO.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We need a replacement lined up ,if we do sell .

Sorry, out of the country atm so might have missed it.

Has Ross McCormack gone anywhere yet?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Nobody here i guess had heard of Ulloa until he came here, so if he did to decide to leave, maybe the spanish, european market would be a good route to try again. 2 million or so for another unheard gem.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not really questioning whether Sami wants to play him, I merely posed a hypothetical question.Jeez.

Quite. Obviously he WOULD play him as he's been our only prolific striker recently however Sami may change the system and seek a different type of player. Don't know how your post was hard to understand.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We have struggled finding strikers due to the style we have adopted over the last two managers.

Sami has referred to tight defending with quick transition which may be less suited to Ulloa.

This will no doubt be a factor in whether we keep him.

I am also not a fan of holding players against their will as you never get the best out of them

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
People are mad if they think we'll pay over 1m for a single player this transfer window.

Personally I would be very surprised if we don't spend over 1 million on a single player this transfer window

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Is he that Greek fella?

Yeah, he's the one....

Harry-Enfield-as-Stavros--007.jpg

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
We bid over 1million on at least 2 players in jan. Now we have cleared decks, created space in squad, have cash from sales so we surely will have to spend out over a million on a few occasions to make us competitive next season. Should be exciting couple of weeks now leading up to players returning to training.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
We bid over 1million on at least 2 players in jan. Now we have cleared decks, created space in squad, have cash from sales so we surely will have to spend out over a million on a few occasions to make us competitive next season. Should be exciting couple of weeks now leading up to players returning to training.

Do you not think cash from sales helped fund the training ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here