Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

legal beagles?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Attempt to manufacture a replica of a Palace player.

Mr Hankey

May 21, 2013
Well shucks, I didn't know I was in so much trouble, I only wanted to be friends. Now the poolice are involved?
your all a bunch of stool pigeons.
Howdyhoooo

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What defence, exactly? I'm going to guess that you don't even know what the legal defences are to criminal damage, so how can you say that?

You are right I dont but being a layman I wouldn't be too perturbed if I was charged with that and would expect my solicitor to fight the charge based on the dictionary definition of damage and that no damage was caused. Reading the CPS site it appears that criminal damage comes in two levels either under or over £5000 so in this case the amount of damage would be negligible so hardly worth pursuing the issue.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
njm
You are right I dont but being a layman I wouldn't be too perturbed if I was charged with that and would expect my solicitor to fight the charge based on the dictionary definition of damage and that no damage was caused. Reading the CPS site it appears that criminal damage comes in two levels either under or over £5000 so in this case the amount of damage would be negligible so hardly worth pursuing the issue.

This is of course ignoring any possible employment issues where upon conviction the clubs chances would be increased if it was a person employed by the club.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Getting through that game though, meant a game where the winner gets £140m!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

They'd be found guilty. Cost involved with the clearing of such an incident would be sufficient to prove damage had been caused. Almost zero chane of a custodial sentence though.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So how can they prove who do it?

Seriously if someone said Mr X did it, is it serious enough for them to take a DNA sample and match it up?

Would they have even kept a sample, and if so, how could they prove that was the poo in question, as I would be pretty sure it would have been cleaned up straight away, and not by the police, making it null and void as evidence.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
So how can they prove who do it?

Seriously if someone said Mr X did it, is it serious enough for them to take a DNA sample and match it up?

Would they have even kept a sample, and if so, how could they prove that was the poo in question, as I would be pretty sure it would have been cleaned up straight away, and not by the police, making it null and void as evidence.

Swipe card entries on the door system could help

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Surely the poo can be analysed, and say if they found tuna they could match this to credit card receipts from Dick's Bar, voila, anyone who had the tuna baguette for lunch (allowing for digestion time) is obviously GUILTY.
Or they could check the security swipe cards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here