Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Mason - Absolute disgrace

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
An ingenious way to get a NSC thread mentioned in TSLR , son. Perhaps you should have mentioned you were watching the match in HD which gives a crystal clear image that diverts your attention away from the rules of the game.:cool:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
How can you say a foul in the area that denies a goal scoring oppertunity should be punished with a lesser punishment than one outside the area??

If you make denying a goal scoring oppertunity inside the box a yellow, or nothing and leave it as a red outside the box then you will get players waiting until the opposition player gets into the box before fouling them

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Referee was right on both occasions, and I bet if those fouls had been committed against the Albion the ref would have a 95% acceptance of his decision.

Stumpy Tim

How can you say a foul in the area that denies a goal scoring oppertunity should be punished with a lesser punishment than one outside the area??

If you make denying a goal scoring oppertunity inside the box a yellow, or nothing and leave it as a red outside the box then you will get players waiting until the opposition player gets into the box before fouling them

And then they'll get a penalty, which is easier to score (as the keeper has to be on his line) than with a keeper coming out & closing the angles and having a defender close by (which there must be as otherwise he wouldn't be able to foul you)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that this ref got both decisions right. The ref who made the worst mistake was the one who allowed Wolves 2nd goal when the player left the field, accidentally, but then came back on to head the goal he had to be offside. On SSN Dermot Gallagher said he wouldnt have allowed it. Terrible decision

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Yup, both cards were correct. To argue they were wrong is a bit like saying you shouldn't restart the game with a kick-off in the centre cirlce after a goal; it's all to do with the Laws of the game. Only the most rabid, one-eyed, blinkered, ignorant Spurs fan could even THINK of questioning them

I thought this thread was going to be about the WORST decision yesterday which was to allow the Spurs goal which was YARDS offside. The linesman wasn't even level! Now that WAS a disgrace!

I agree with him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here