Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Mason - Absolute disgrace

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lee Mason - the worst referee ever ?

Just finished watching the Joke v Spurs game, and probably seen two of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen.

No way am I Spurs fan, find what's going on there pretty funny to be honest, but no-way should Dawson of get a red card for that challenge in the last few minutes, and Bale's tackle in the first-half which gave them a penalty wasn't even a yellow card.

No doubt Lee Mason will be officiating a Football League game on Saturday, just hope it's not ours as he's an absolute disgrace to refereeing. And they say they want more respect from players, well with performances like that then they're never going to get it.

Dale - Blatant foul/hack inside the box, he was the last man = Red Card
Dawson - Foot went over the ball and studs straight into the opposing player = By Law a Red Card and maybe there was build up to that prior to what we saw resulting in the Refs decision.

Nothing wrong with the Ref as far as I can see.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Both reds. No doubt whatsoever.

This thread's not going well, Mr Taylor, is it?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Another one to show how wrong you are.

I wouldn't watch football if a tackle like Dawson's was seen as acceptable. You could see his leg about to break, really looked likely.

Both red cards, no question.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hold on, RM-Taylor is spot on. Stop bullying him.

Not really. Rm-Taylor you really are clueless. Learn the rules son. :dunce:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sorry Russell you really don't know the rules of te game. Dawsons red was stone cold. His studs were up and they went right through the shin. If that isn't a red then we shoudl just get rid of the red card. Bale was last man so he had to go too.

Spurs literally committed suicide yesterday.

Thought you knew better Russ.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
has a thread starter ever been proved to be so wrong

Mar 10, 2006
Couldn't believe Andy Gray doubting the ref 's decision over Dawson's red card. Yes okay he touched the ball but he barely skimmed it,the studs were up and he caught the player high with a potential leg breaking challenge.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I'd not sure an NSCer has EVER been so wrong about ANYTHING.

Given we've got/had the likes of Uncle Spielberg, LI, Richie Morris et al, that's quite something.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Couldn't believe Andy Gray doubting the ref 's decision over Dawson's red card. Yes okay he touched the ball but he barely skimmed it,the studs were up and he caught the player high with a potential leg breaking challenge.

Why couldn't you believe that?
"Andy Gray talking out of his arse SHOCK."

That all seems fairly standard to me.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Ok, maybe I was wrong, but it still doesn't reduce my dislike of Joke City, it was more of my hate for them than anything that really pissed me off, but having only seen these incidents during the game, they were my views. Now seeing them again, then I WAS WRONG. Although, I do agree with Kinky and say that a red card shouldn't be given when they had a penalty, just let them get along with it.

Now back to berating me :laugh:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
I'd not sure an NSCer has EVER been so wrong about ANYTHING.

Given we've got/had the likes of Uncle Spielberg, LI, Richie Morris et al, that's quite something.

I would be quite pleased to have my name mentioned when saying plonkers who don't know anything :dunce:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would be quite pleased to have my name mentioned when saying plonkers who don't know anything :dunce:

At least (according to your avatar) you are a fan of Murray.

Some people on here are still somehow under the impression he ISN'T total class.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
a red card shouldn't be given when they had a penalty, just let them get along with it.

But that is the rule, and therefore the right decision made by the ref.

Berate the law makers if you like, but this ref got it right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here