Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Mason - Absolute disgrace

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Common sense should have been used for the first penalty, Bale (not sure if he was the last men, can't remember now) but I'm sure there was at least one Spurs player in the box (think it was Corluka) who would have come across and dealt with the situation.

Second red-card, the tackle wasn't even that high, you see tackles like that all the time, a yellow card at best. No wonder Dawson went mental.

In a different game today, I saw a ridiculous red card given to Matt Killgallon of Sheff United because he caught someone in the back, football is supposed to be a mans game, not a game for ponces.

As far as I am aware, the "last man" doesn't apply. Not sure what you mean by not remembering whether he was the last man or not, or whether there was another person in the box. The rules are quite clear.

If a foul denies an obvious goal scoring opportunity then it's a red.

Sending Off Offences are :
(S1) Serious Foul Play,
(S2) Violent Conduct,
(S3) Spitting at an Opponent or any other person,
(S4) Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball,
(S5) Denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity by an offence punishable by a free kick or penalty kick,
(S6) Use of Offensive or Insulting or abusive Language and or gestures
(S7) Receiving a second caution in the same match

Last edited:

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
you tosser. both red card decisions were blatantly obvious. the only mistake made today was the yids goal, which was the linos fault, not the referees.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
you tosser. both red card decisions were blatantly obvious. the only mistake made today was the yids goal, which was the linos fault, not the referees.

Unfortunately all true. Stoke could easily have won by more as the game wore on. Tottenham look tidy at times but they still have no real penetration. That Russian bloke looks utterly pathetic in English football.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
He got both decisions right.

RM Taylor needs to take of the Spurs tinted specs. He watched a different game to the rest of us.

Your being a MASSIVE gimp today Taylor

R-M Taylor knows f*** all about football.

This is not news.

Agreed :D

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Got both right.

I do however think if you give away a pen and your the last man you should not be sent off for it.

... or deny a clear goalscoring opportunity which is the actual rule, doesn't even have to be inside the box.

You can understand why the ruling was introduced. You are a defender and you take a player down who looks like he has clear chance on goal.

In doing so, you have essentially given your team a chance to stop "the goal" by awarding a penalty to the opponent.

Because of this, there has to be a "definate penalty" i.e. losing a player.

I totally agree with the ruling.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
... or deny a clear goalscoring opportunity which is the actual rule, doesn't even have to be inside the box.

You can understand why the ruling was introduced. You are a defender and you take a player down who looks like he has clear chance on goal.

In doing so, you have essentially given your team a chance to stop "the goal" by awarding a penalty to the opponent.

Because of this, there has to be a "definate penalty" i.e. losing a player.

I totally agree with the ruling.

I agree that a goal scoring chance out side the box should be red, but it ruins the game if one team gets a pen in the first min and the keeper is sent off.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I agree that a goal scoring chance out side the box should be red, but it ruins the game if one team gets a pen in the first min and the keeper is sent off.

Yeah, well I agree to the extent that I don't like to see sendings off at the start of a game because they invariably ruin it.

The ruling was introduced to stop the "professional foul"

Stumpy Tim

I agree with Kinky. It seems strange that you get sent off when giving away a penalty. You're hardly "denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity" when you give away a penalty really... outside the box yes, inside the box no.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yup, both cards were correct. To argue they were wrong is a bit like saying you shouldn't restart the game with a kick-off in the centre cirlce after a goal; it's all to do with the Laws of the game. Only the most rabid, one-eyed, blinkered, ignorant Spurs fan could even THINK of questioning them

I thought this thread was going to be about the WORST decision yesterday which was to allow the Spurs goal which was YARDS offside. The linesman wasn't even level! Now that WAS a disgrace!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here