Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving Your Wife

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
When I was with my ex-wife......

Also maybe a short separation would be better than a permanent split?

Tried that and realised how much I enjoyed not being with her

Try and get them to go to Relate, as others have said.

If this has been going on for that long, they probably don't really know what they're arguing about!

The people at Relate are brilliant.

Did that as well. It was actually the relate counselling that finally made me make the decision to leave!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
When I was with my ex-wife......

Tried that and realised how much I enjoyed not being with her

Did that as well. It was actually the relate counselling that finally made me make the decision to leave!

Thats the thing though - you have to try them and YOU will work out the answer - as you've proven - it may make you realize you're making the right decision - or the wrong - but other people can't make the decision for you...

I tried both and still split up - but I'm glad I tried them as I may have still been in that relationship umming and ahhhing about what to do....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Always troubles me what me and Mrs Hut will do once the kids have left and not an easy one to resolve.

We talk about it a lot and plan to retire abroad as our main goal and also travel to those places we would like to but the kids would not enjoy so much.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You;ll do what everyone does Beachy. You;ll go on lots of Saga holidays, buy a convertable MG, take up golf, build a rabbit hutch for your granddaughter, and start looking forward to your morning stroll round the local supermarket.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
You;ll do what everyone does Beachy. You;ll go on lots of Saga holidays, buy a convertable MG, take up golf, build a rabbit hutch for your granddaughter, and start looking forward to your morning stroll round the local supermarket.

........don't forget the dogging too

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Do you know what depresses me the most about this thread. Nearly every post has made the point that 'he' as the male will be 'moving out'. The assumption being that the woman keeps the house and the kids and the bloke gets a bed sit.

Inequality does still exist but the feminists had their ideas the wrong way round !

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Jesus H Christ - if Zef and I ever start doing that I hope someone will pop our clogs for us!!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(Although if you meant an OLD classic MG (1967 Mk11 Midget to be precise) then I'll go along with that part as I already have one....)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
.........and the over 60's 'we'll meet again' war themed cocaine and sex parties

I hate to tell you but the over 60's were young in the 60's - it's the over 80's who have the war themed cocaine and sex parties!!

My ex left me 17 years ago after 21 years of marriage. Our kids were 19 and 17. He found a younger woman and she was the love of his love etc etc. We divorced.
He had half of the house and bought a smaller house with her. After 4 years he was declared bankrupt and now suffers bad blood pressure, cannot go out drinking and is very miserable (my own kids have told me without me asking - I don't see him)
I bought a smaller house, met Ned and married 3 years later, am very happily married and have been for 14 years, paid up my mortgage with a redundancy payout and moved back home down south.
I'm thoroughly enjoying life.

The grass is not always greener.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It always amazes me that couples stay together for years, decades, a lifetime even. Human beings need new stimulation both physically and mentally to stay 'alive' inside.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It always amazes me that couples stay together for years, decades, a lifetime even. Human beings need new stimulation both physically and mentally to stay 'alive' inside.

Do you dump your mates after 10 years? Some couples are best friends as well as husband and wife.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Have they got enough money for a holiday? Sometimes going somewhere completely different makes you see other things you hadn't thought of...

Good idea, I'll go to India, she can go to Bognor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here