Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving before the final whistle...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
The whole issue of people leaving early is really starting to piss me off BIG TIME. If CMS can run his bollocks off for 96 minutes can't we stay on our backsides and support him and the rest of the team for the full duration of the game?

Yesterday, from 85 minutes onwards, it was a constant flow of people coming past, obstructing the view etc, so much so that by the full time whistle I reckon 25% of the crowd had left.

BUT I do understand the reasons why people leave early, and as others have said on here, the answers from the Club (from the very beginning of the stadium opening)regarding transport issues have been complacent in the extreme. Yes, they cleared the queues to the Park and Ride yesterday in just under and hour, however this is only because so many people have left before the end of the game.

There ARE several things that could be done, but I'm afraid that on the subject of transport issues the club don't seem to want to listen.

I am sure the club aren't happy to see so many empty seats by the time the final whistle goes, but what exactly are they doing about it?

Just what do you expect them to do about it. The exits have to be opened before the end of the match (I believe that's the law) and stewards are not goig to force people to stay in their seats if they want to leave.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
As far as the buses not none park and ride areas go, the simple measure of having individual stops for R, S and P would help.

As it stands you have one line of people waiting for different buses. When one turns up, the line disappears and everyone pushes to the front.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
He doesn't have to drink beer, does he? I also said some people have valid reasons, and if it is an evening game I can completely understand it. Although your reason seems to be that you have a son, which doesn't sound like a reason at all to me. Why don't you let him watch the end of the game?

Also, if you are old enough to have a son then you are too old to be using text speak like 'b4'.

I do let him watch the end of the game. We left early when Murray knocked in the 3rd against us, we have seen every other minute at the Amex. My point was, if people wanna leave early, they can leave early. I don't understand why it upsets people. Plus I drive home, that's why I'm not gonna go for a beer after the game. Hope this is ok with everyone. And now I'm being told how to type!!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The whole issue of people leaving early is really starting to piss me off BIG TIME.

I'm afraid that on the subject of transport issues the club don't seem to want to listen.

I am sure the club aren't happy to see so many empty seats by the time the final whistle goes, but what exactly are they doing about it?

It's fairly simple .. yes some will always leave early for example elderly, those with young kids but others and I'd suggest many, are because of the transport. There are several (I think) quick and simple solutions that they could implement so easily, none of which would fix it completely but all combined would go such a long way.

I really don't understand why the club are seemingly doing nothing and judging by nil announcements ... not concerned either .... pity

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Did he not have one of those clickers to count people on?

That would be too easy!

Frankly I don't think they need em ... walk down the queue and count by hand 60 (or whatever it is) ..one steward holds the last person while another pulls the next guy forward to another bus and starts the counting again, not rocket science

Last edited:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I wish i had left early, did not board the Mill Hill Bus until 5.30,arriving home at 6.10,no joke when it is necessary to leave home at just after 1.45.The fellow who waited until the end of the match as i did but reckons he was at Mill Hill by 5.30 either needs a new watch or is one of those types who does not believe in queing.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Surely surely surely yesterday of all days Southern could have run ALL trains going both ways as 8 coaches because:

- they were running additional services on that line for Lewes bonfire the night before
- it was Sunday, so surely they could have accessed extra rolling stock

Seeing those 4 coach trains arrive at Falmer (or London Road, where i get on) makes your heart sink. It's frustrating because it seems close to working well... proper sized trains plus some attention to the park n ride bus system would help things loads.

Does anybody catch the 25 bus after the game... does this work well, are their buses sat there waiting to fill at full time?

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
A group of lads in the WSL block I left at 74mins!

Some on here saying they leave 5mins early to save an hours wait, should try staying til the end and staying behind for 20mins and have a pint. I stayed til the end, had 2 pints after, Jumped straight on an r bus that was waiting and walked in my door by 6pm in saltdean. Normally have to wait 15mins for a bus if I leave at full time. Staying behind is the key!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here