Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late Kick Off

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The bald bloke (James Richardson?) has the most unnatural presenting style, stilted and robotic. I don't mind Rosenior but not a fan of Murty (even worse that he coaches at Southampton).

Some of the behind the scenes stuff is okay. Interesting interview with Di Canio. Can't believe the interviewer for that one - Andy 'bubble perm' Steggall - is still around.

The southern region programme is made by a company co-owned by Andy Steggall and the commentator John Roder.

You're on our forum saying you are sick of us saying stuff you don't like? Riiggghhht. There's a simple answer to that.
Now show me a post that says we are miles ahead of you. We've been having a laugh about being 8 points ahead and 8 places above you, but no one has posted that you are miles behind us.

NINE POINTS Sir ! 9 (nine) - as in one less than 10.

Please don't give the pikey scum an extra point they didn't earn :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
NINE POINTS Sir ! 9 (nine) - as in one less than 10.

Please don't give the pikey scum an extra point they didn't earn :thumbsup:

The gap could increase to 12 (TWELVE) points by 2.30pm on Saturday :O

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
But that still wouldn't make us any better than them :whistle:

No, it really wouldn't IMO.

As i've already stated, the cup run took a hell of a lot out of us and our league form hit the buffers due to it. We also lost Gardner, Jedinak and Williams to injury all at the same time 5 weeks ago and its killed us for the run in, they are easily 3 of our most important players and the spine of our team. Take out Greer, Bridcutt and Vincente from your side and i'm sure your results would suffer! I also think you gained a lot of points early on (remember you topped the table for the first 4-6 weeks) and this was due to teams being taken by suprise by you. You only have to look at the 2 games we played agains't each other to know that you're not better than us, we were the better side in both games IMO including totally bossing the Amex game.

Last edited:

No, it really wouldn't IMO.

As i've already stated, the cup run took a hell of a lot out of us and our league form hit the buffers due to it. We also lost Gardner, Jedinak and Williams to injury all at the same time 5 weeks ago and its killed us for the run in, they are easily 3 of our most important players and the spine of our team. Take out Greer, Bridcutt and Vincente from your side and i'm sure your results would suffer! I also think you gained a lot of points early on (remember you topped the table for the first 4-6 weeks) and this was due to teams being taken by suprise by you. You only have to look at the 2 games we played agains't each other to know that you're not better than us, we were the better side in both games IMO including totally bossing the Amex game.

f*** me your stupid.

Were Palace the ONLY team to suffer injuries during the season, ONLY team to go on a cup run?

No, no they weren't.

Higher in the league would, in every other supporters mind, denote the better team over the course of the season, but not in yours, NO SIR.

You bettered us in head to heads, well done I concede that but we ARE the better team.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
f*** me your stupid.

Were Palace the ONLY team to suffer injuries during the season, ONLY team to go on a cup run?

No, no they weren't.

Higher in the league would, in every other supporters mind, denote the better team over the course of the season, but not in yours, NO SIR.

You bettered us in head to heads, well done I concede that but we ARE the better team.

All i'm saying is that the gap of 9 points in my view is not a fair reflection. Without the cup run i'd say we would be around 4 or 5 points better off, we played a full reserve team in one League game (lose to Blackpool away) and rested a lot of key players in the lead up to the Man U and Cardiff games. I also think we have suffered more than our fair share of injuries this year when i compare to previous seasons.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
All i'm saying is that the gap of 9 points in my view is not a fair reflection. Without the cup run i'd say we would be around 4 or 5 points better off, we played a full reserve team in one League game (lose to Blackpool away) and rested a lot of key players in the lead up to the Man U and Cardiff games. I also think we have suffered more than our fair share of injuries this year when i compare to previous seasons.

How is an entire league season not a fair reflection on the points total for EVERY team?

Christ on a bike you're very myopic in your views, if you had been above us and we trotted out similar bullshit you would refer us to the league table.

Suggest you man up and face facts

I'm really trying not to be rude to you, you do seem to be one of the better Palace fans on here but please stop with the rubbish your typing.

A season is just that, a season. How Dougie manages his assets over that season is direct reflection on where you finished, below us. And I thought your super academy produces so much talent that even fielding a ressie side you should be winning.

YiddoFox

Apr 25, 2012
I'm sorry but I agree with Eagle83! minus the cup run from Palace, they would be sitting above Albion right now!.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Oh yes, the game were Palace played all their reserves at Blackpool, and the lost. All so that their first team would be fresh and raring to go, but then they got battered by Cardiff anyway. Another tactical masterstroke by Freedman. Contrast that to Cardiff who played their first team in both games and won them both.

And don't spout bollocks about the players being tired because of the "Cup run", he played your reserve team in the early rounds so all your first teamers were fully fit when they lost their league games

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Like the "take out Greer, Vicente & Bridcutt and your results would suffer".

Vicente was out for most of the season...our results did suffer. You make out like we haven't missed any players ourselves, while poor Palace suffered badly. The table doesn't lie, my friend, it really doesn't.

Yoda

English & European
What is with all this bullshit about the cup run?

Woop-di-f***ing-do! You will have played ONE whole more game than us this ENTIRE season in all competitions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As i've already stated, the cup run took a hell of a lot out of us and our league form hit the buffers due to it. .

As stated on the other thread, you played ONE more cup tie this eason than us. ONE.

We also lost Gardner, Jedinak and Williams to injury all at the same time 5 weeks ago and its killed us for the run in, they are easily 3 of our most important players and the spine of our team. Take out Greer, Bridcutt and Vincente from your side and i'm sure your results would suffer! .

Hang on, just for a second there, I thought you had been stupid enough to compare Williams with Vicente.

, we were the better side in both games IMO including totally bossing the Amex game.

Palace can trot this out all they like, but it patenty nonsense. Of course the ultimate result was painful, but the actual TRUTH of the matter is that Palace did f*** all for 70 minutes, and their fans were utterly silent until their first goal went it. Totally bossed it? Pathetic.

All i'm saying is that the gap of 9 points in my view is not a fair reflection. .

Agreed. Hopefully it will be a more representative 12 come Saturday evening.

. Without the cup run i'd say we would be around 4 or 5 points better off, .

Blah blah blah

, we played a full reserve team in one League game (lose to Blackpool away) and rested a lot of key players in the lead up to the Cardiff game. .

Your league form was utterly shocking at the time, and most of the BBS agreed that he might just as well play a weakened team. A weakened team, I'll add that came very close to getting a result.

. I also think we have suffered more than our fair share of injuries this year.

More than your fair share? What's fair?

We've had our best player out injured for all but about 15 games.
El-Abd injured for half the season
2009/10 player of the year Elphick, out for the WHOLE season
Buckley and Lualua out for extended spells with hamstring trouble.
Dicker out for months with a broken leg

Boo f***ing hoo. Every team suffers injuries.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Palace really are a noddy little selling club these days in a crap, ancient, half-empty ground. Perhaps we need to comparing ourselves with proper football clubs these days instead of Wigan's feeder club who will be South London's 3rd best team in a year's time playing the likes of Crawley Town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here