Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Land's End to John o'Groats

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Les Biehn said:
I would love to do it on a Chopper. So to speak. they really are the Lazy Boy of the bike world.

Les Bike yesterday:

300px-Raleigh_chopper_01.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its also got those gear things to help with any hills...

Having said that this had 3 gears and was heavy as f*** so you could combine bike riding with weight lifting....

grifter.jpg

Last edited:

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
tedebear said:
and those yellow things that come in their own packaging and are pointy at each end and bigger in the middle and look like a smile! they're handy too...

Zef rode around Norway when he was little (I still hear about it every day :lol: ) its a great thing to do Les, good on you!!

Would you happen to mean one of these :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If you join the CTC they have free advice, you also get free 3rd party insurance.

You can buy the route advice pack for £12.50 without joining, I don't know if its anymore than you would get off the many web sites of people who have completed it. However you do get a badge if you finish...

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3397

I'll send off for a copy as I'm a member and could send you a copy of the copy.

Good luck want to do this myself, but you need 2-3 weeks. Did'nt someone on here do it for charity a few months back, was it Jake Robinsons dad or did I dream that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you are doing it, you should consider sponsorship for a good cause. You could ask people to sponsor you via the web site JustGiving.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Horton's halftime iceberg said:
If you join the CTC they have free advice, you also get free 3rd party insurance.

You can buy the route advice pack for £12.50 without joining, I don't know if its anymore than you would get off the many web sites of people who have completed it. However you do get a badge if you finish...

http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3397

I'll send off for a copy as I'm a member and could send you a copy of the copy.

Good luck want to do this myself, but you need 2-3 weeks. Did'nt someone on here do it for charity a few months back, was it Jake Robinsons dad or did I dream that.

Yes he did. I sent Les a link to Martin Cornforth's blog about it as there are quite a few pointers in the 15 days they took to do it. Jake's Dad did it for the Special Baby unit and Martin raised money for the lifeboat.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Woodchip said:
If the cause you are raising money for wants to waste cash paying JustGiving their ridiculous fees.

Really? I didn't appreciate that they charged!

It's just that I've sponsored a lot of people at work recently using that site.

Still think sponsorship would be a good idea though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The good people @ www.cyclingplus.com will be able to help.
Their forum users are very polite & patient, to even the most obvious of questions.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Woodchip said:
Unlike NSC then. ;)

Surely I couldn't have meant that. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here