Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Land's End to John o'Groats

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
I've got a pair of Bollé Spiders that do well better than cycling glasses for keeping bugs and glare out your eyes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Isnt J o' G to Lands End better, its all down hill.

Seriously, though, I would suggest getting somebody with a large car/van to act as your support, they could then carry all your food/drinks/clothes and most importantly tools/spare tyres etc and if necessary provide somewhere to rest/sleep if you dont get to where you want to reach at the end of any day.

Also would September be better, less holidaymakers on the roads

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gazwag said:

Seriously, though, I would suggest getting somebody with a large car/van to act as your support, they could then carry all your food/drinks/clothes and most importantly tools/spare tyres etc and if necessary provide somewhere to rest/sleep if you dont get to where you want to reach at the end of any day.

I was thinking that, buut he seems to want to go earlier.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Gazwag said:

The problem with a support caravan is you have the option to bottle it if it starts getting dark. Without thought you are forced to work yourself that bit harder.

The bit about carrying spares is fairly valid, but you should really only need a spare tyre or two, and a couple of inner tubes. With a good camelbak you should have plenty of room for all your bits.

Oh, and GO Energy Bars (available from Rayment Cycles) are the mutts nuts when it comes to energy bars. They actually taste like what they say they do. And you can also get this weird italian energy tablets that are good as well.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Woodchip said:
The problem with a support caravan is you have the option to bottle it if it starts getting dark. Without thought you are forced to work yourself that bit harder.

Car or van not caravan, so not somewhere you could sleep comfortably but for emergencies

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Woodchip said:
Oh, and GO Energy Bars (available from Rayment Cycles) are the mutts nuts when it comes to energy bars. They actually taste like what they say they do. And you can also get this weird italian energy tablets that are good as well.

and those yellow things that come in their own packaging and are pointy at each end and bigger in the middle and look like a smile! they're handy too...

Zef rode around Norway when he was little (I still hear about it every day :lol: ) its a great thing to do Les, good on you!!

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
All this talk of cycling has made me all sporty. I'm off to ride to some dodgy area of Cardiff. Maybe Ninian park and back. Bye guys xxx

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:

Are you serious? You are more than welcome. It will take two weeks and my friend doesn't approve of rape jokes. However he may let you touch him.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
I believe Les has the Raleigh Chopper and Grifter

I would love to do it on a Chopper. So to speak. they really are the Lazy Boy of the bike world.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Yeah im up for it

Right Mr Kinky. I am meeting my friend to discuss the ins and outs tomorrow. Where hence the day after I shall pass all details on to you. Hows that grab ya?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Can I just say thanks to everyone for their advice, especially Mr Woodchip there. :clap: :clap: This thread didn't turn into quite the shit storm I thought it might.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here