Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lance (Canarian Seagull), RIP

Finnharps81

Nov 18, 2009
Sorry to have sent you lads the sad news.
Looking at the messages he was well liked and took a drop of the amber necter.
Finn Harps fan myself.
Good luck tonight.
FINNHARP81 (Paddy Marley)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry to have sent you lads the sad news.
Looking at the messages he was well liked and took a drop of the amber necter.
Finn Harps fan myself.
Good luck tonight.
FINNHARP81 (Paddy Marley)

Thank you for taking the trouble to let us know.
Well liked? Yes, the man was loved by all who met him.

After that NSC sponsored game I passed out in the back of my car, after I eventually found it.

Still, I fared better than some.Tom Hark Preston Park (who posted back then as Anne on a Mouse) tells the story of the deep gouge in his front door - made by his key as he slid down the door whilst attempting to open the lock.

A day with Lance was a day never to be forgotten, except it was usually impossible to remember.

RIP Lance :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also never to be forgotten is that Lance was the one who tracked down Ricky Marlowe for REMF 1. Lance had tracked him down and gave me his contact details.

He got his mobile number and gave it to me and it was Lance's inspiration and endevaour that made Ricky Marlowe an integral part of REMF.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I don't know where, on the island he lived but he ran Oasis FM at one point.
I'll sort you the best I can with pics, Insider. I've nothing of my usual standard, mind!
Such memories though. I still recall the famous "Night We Didn't Go For A Curry". Which started in the Nelson and ended up in Donatellos with the Division 3 Champions.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I'm in Tenerife now. I wonder where on the island the great man lived. Have you any idea?

RIP Lance:angel:

Not quite sure as it's been a few years since I was there. I think it's somewhere in this area of Las Americas (maybe the block just above "image").

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 131

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
sad news, indeed. Met him a few times, generous bloke, larger than life, couldn't buy him a drink- as he would be buying!
RIP Lance.

medicine man

Jan 22, 2004
by the sea
sad news, indeed. Met him a few times, generous bloke, larger than life, couldn't buy him a drink- as he would be buying!
Very funny, stories to tell, lovely man.
RIP Lance.

Stumpy Tim

I was also fortunate enough to be part of that first NSC Sponsored match. A cracking day, and Lance was a huge part of that... especially with the amount he drunk.

Disappeared for a few years, but not someone you can easily forget! He really did live every single minute of his life. Not many can say that.

RIP Lance. I'm sure you're getting the beers in up there

... the great man has always been far from averse from wind-ups ...
Indeed. And you could never quite tell whether it was a wind-up.

The last time I saw him was about three years ago, in the Gardeners Arms in Lewes, when he gave me a phone number and told me it was Mark McGhee's mobile number.

What can anyone do with such information? In this case, the answer was to hang on to it until midnight last new year's eve when, worse for wear, I decided to text an anonymous happy new year message. Sure enough, back came a cheery, Scottish response. Not a wind up at all.

One wind-up that he was very proud of was the occasion he hatched a plot with a mate of his who ran a bar in Tenerife. The bar staff put around a story that Victoria Beckham had unexpectedly shown up for the evening. Naturally enough, the place got very crowded with drinkers and record sums of money started to flow into the tills ... as customers all craned their necks to see Ms Spice in the flesh.

In a corner of a quiet room out the back, but just visible to the customers was Lance with a young woman who had spent a deal of time in front of the mirror transforming herself into a Victoria Beckham lookalike, together with the young woman's husband.

Who was these friends of Lance, earning an evening of free food and drink on the house? None other than ... Mr and Mrs Kerry Mayo.

Lance was a top bloke.

... and another story from the first REMF game.

Lance and CPFC's notorious Seagulleater in a ferocious battle to outbid each other to buy an Albion training top in the post-match auction. It was too small to fit either of them, but they had both promised to buy it for the young Miss Bracknell.

With superb timing, Lance eventually contrived to ensure that the climax of the tense auction was that the privilege of emptying his wallet went to ... the guy from Croydon.

p598436656.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
... and another story from the first REMF game.

Lance and CPFC's notorious Seagulleater in a ferocious battle to outbid each other to buy an Albion training top in the post-match auction. It was too small to fit either of them, but they had both promised to buy it for the young Miss Bracknell.

With superb timing, Lance eventually contrived to ensure that the climax of the tense auction was that the privilege of emptying his wallet went to ... the guy from Croydon.

p598436656.jpg

I remember that well! Also Seagulleater came over and me a huge kiss as I was hobbling around to the bar! Bizzare experience....especially when the two of them were outbidding eachother

Didn't Dick get involved in that bidding war?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Posh Spice is a slapper
She also likes to blow
And when she's shagging Beckham
She thinks of Kerry Mayo

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thank you for taking the trouble to let us know.
Well liked? Yes, the man was loved by all who met him.

After that NSC sponsored game I passed out in the back of my car, after I eventually found it.

Still, I fared better than some.Tom Hark Preston Park (who posted back then as Anne on a Mouse) tells the story of the deep gouge in his front door - made by his key as he slid down the door whilst attempting to open the lock.

A day with Lance was a day never to be forgotten, except it was usually impossible to remember.

RIP Lance :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

RIP legendary Lance - tho only knowing the geezer briefly from that astoundingly drunken NSC sponsored match, it would not surprise me in the least if he'd 'done a canoeman'. And I mean that in an affectionate way. Never ever seen anybody exhibit such a high level of GLEE at blagging an extra round of desserts at the sponsors meal :lol:

Raising a glass to you mate, wherever you are :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here