perhaps it's spitting?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Moshe Gariani said:
only 93 overs or so gone today?

doesn't look like bad light

perhaps it's spitting?
Nope, bright blue sky, surely nothing to do with that lengthy shadow on the outfield?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Trigger said:
Nope, bright blue sky, surely nothing to do with that lengthy shadow on the outfield?
is it too dark for fielding on that part of the ground? (if so, how very Northern... :lolol: )

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
From what I can see on the webcam, it's obvious that the greatness of the OCCASION is getting to Lancs. So they've f***ed off. But the massed ranks of their support at OT is clearly made of sterner stuff - that's why they're the champs.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
There is a cloud in the background that looks like candy floss. Maybe that made them hungry.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't notice the enormous crowd that has gathered in anticipation of having the whole match and championship wrapped up this evening.

The championship is the very least their fervent support deserves. Well done Lancs. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
have they declared?

umpires are out there at 18:00

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Moshe Gariani said:
is it too dark for fielding on that part of the ground? (if so, how very Northern... :lolol: )
As it happens, it could well be what I predicted earlier, Sun Stopped Play, it does happen as proven at Derbys earlier in the season if the sun is too low and/or reflecting off windows.

Jul 20, 2003
Trigger said:
They've still got overs to bowl today, for some reason there is a delay?... ???

maybe they've run out of cricket balls due to the bludgeoning that the Champions elect have been giving Durham today

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is that a flag I see on that webcam - just to the right of the scoreboard. Yes, I think it is.

It says "Better luck next year Sussex"

How gracious. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
just delaying the inevitable

glad I'm not at work tomorrow so can be spared the agony of watching Lanky's victory march

still on the plus side, as has been pointed out, at least we will still have a chance going into the last game - couldn't have asked for more than that at the start of the season

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
It's going to take AGES for those thousands of excited Lancs fans to get home. But oh no, they won't mind - not with the TITLE under their belt.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lancashire struggled against Durham as their Liverpool Victoria County Championship clash at Old Trafford headed towards a draw.

The title-chasing Red Rose had hoped for victory this week to close the gap on First Division leaders Sussex.

They were by no means certain of taking all five batting points from their latest rain-affected clash as they reached stumps the third day on 210 for five in reply to Durham's 372.

The day ended in bizarre fashion when sun stopped play - the glare from the Stretford End making it difficult for batsmen to see. It was ironic following the torrential rain that washed out yesterday's play.

Lancashire approached the third day positively and breathed new life into the contest, first through Dominic Cork's bowling and then with half-centuries for Mal Loye, Mark Chilton and Stuart Law.

Durham's Ben Harmison had made 48 in a stand of 80 with Gareth Breese before he fell to Murali Kartik.

Cork found pace and bounce in a previously placid pitch to strike three times in seven balls and spark a collapse that saw five wickets fall for 27 runs.

Breese and Ottis Gibson fell to successive balls and Cork then trapped Paul Wiseman in similar fashion in his next over, the 130th of the innings.

That left him with three balls to take the ninth wicket - and claim the third bonus point - before the cut-off point but Graham Onions nervously survived.

Onions then miscued to captain Chilton off Tom Smith in the next over to hasten Lancashire beginning their reply.

See, I was RIGHT! :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here