Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lancashire vs Durham

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sutton and Chapple may both be on nought and to the novice eye it might appear that Lancs title bid has hit the buffers in a big way over the last half hour... if only that were true :nono:

edit: there you go - Chapple's off the mark already...:angry:

On a serious note, I don't think anyone should be disappointed by finishing runners-up as it has been a great season

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Moshe Gariani said:
I hope Law didn't get an inside edge on that LBW... that would be very bad luck for him

These wickets are a nice diversion but I just wish that they weren't in such a strong position regarding the championship :nono:
There's no point in crying over spilt milk though is there - we just have to do our best in Nottingham next week and *pray* for rain in Lanacashire's next match. It would make a nice change if it rained at a Lancs match, they've been lucky with it all season...

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Lancs are always dangerous when losing quick wickets. Watch them get another 200 before stumps.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Perhaps we should relocate to the North West where it never rains, then perhaps we wouldn't get so many rain affected matches and we may be able to challenge for a title one day.

:(

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Lancashire are simply the masters of the modern county game. I'm currently bowing down to them so low, I can see my balls from below.

Jul 20, 2003
Moshe Gariani said:
Sutton and Chapple may both be on nought and to the novice eye it might appear that Lancs title bid has hit the buffers in a big way over the last half hour... if only that were true :nono:

sixth wicket partnership now raced onto 3,

the only thing that suprises me is that we still have a very slim chance of actually winning the Championship. (trust me it is mathematically possible)

You would think that Lancs would have had this all wrapped up back in July

oh my God, just checked, partnership now worth 4

:(

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Simster said:
I'd say another 300 wasn't beyond them, Everest. :nono:
I was allowing for any rain interruption. Not that they've had any before.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
pevenseagull said:
the only thing that suprises me is that we still have a very slim chance of actually winning the Championship. (trust me it is mathematically possible)
how does that work then? I can't see any hope at the moment :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Most county sides under this sort of pressure might find it a bit of a struggle to attain the 20 odd runs to avoid the follow on before being bowled out. At least, that has happened on occasion.

What a pity it would be if that were to happen to champions-elect, Lancashire. In fact, if they lost any more wickets before reaching the follow-on target, it would be a crying shame.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Moshe Gariani said:
how does that work then? I can't see any hope at the moment :nono:
Lancs may have points deducted for being northern. Can't see it happening though. There's less chance of us winning the championship than there is of McGhee being sacked.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Simster said:
Most county sides under this sort of pressure might find it a bit of a struggle to attain the 20 odd runs to avoid the follow on before being bowled out. At least, that has happened on occasion.
clutching at straws there Simster... this Lancashire team are made of stern stuff - they're more likely to be thinking about the timing of their declaration tomorrow...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Trigger said:
Why has the game been DELAYED? It is not raining as far as I can see on the webcam...
They've spent so much time out in the middle, surely you don't begrudge them a short interlude, Trigger?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here