Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lampard sacked...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How many points should a Brighton be at, at this stage of the season then? And what are you basing that on?

Baring in mind GP took us to a record points total last season.
Well if this form continues we definitely won’t be breaking it this season unfortunately.

Forth season in the PL some significant investment over the past three seasons, as an owner I would be thinking mid table and probably not very happy right now. I would be encouraged by the Leeds win yet also mindful that we are capable of not winning for another 9-10 games. So probably around 24-26 points would of been my hope for this stage of the season.

As a fan spending my hard earned probably pissed off I haven’t seen my team win a home game this season. Now we are all sofa fans I’m disappointed yet not surprised GP was always going to be a risky appointment.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Well if this form continues we definitely won’t be breaking it this season unfortunately.

Forth season in the PL some significant investment over the past three seasons, as an owner I would be thinking mid table and probably not very happy right now. I would be encouraged by the Leeds win yet also mindful that we are capable of not winning for another 9-10 games. So probably around 24-26 points would of been my hope for this stage of the season.

As a fan spending my hard earned probably pissed off I haven’t seen my team win a home game this season. Now we are all sofa fans I’m disappointed yet not surprised GP was always going to be a risky appointment.

Well I trust Tony Bloom to make the correct call. And you seem to be another who doesn’t understand what a long term goal is. No one expected mid table this season.

Last season we had a record points total. Let’s judge the manager by the end of the season.

By the way you say above that you expected more due to our investments. You’ve changed your tune. What’s this:

Our limited spending in the summer really predicted how this season would pan out.

This I would agree with.

We failed to land the elusive striker. Sick note Welbeck is a very frustrating investment.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In most jobs there are targets. At the Albion this season I expect it was 1. Mid table, or if not 2. Stay up. At a Chelsea then it's likely 1. Win the League or if not 2. Qualify for Champions League. They wont do 1 and are unlikely to make 2. He therefore loses his job. Not surprising when you look at it that way.

Di Mateo won the CL for them and still was kicked out pretty quickly

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

To be fair without too much manipulation then Dunk heads ball away at WHU, Palace not awarded a penalty, Referee plays to time against manure and that's 5 points and there were a few more we could offer up but clearly a few decisions went our way. that 5 poinst takes us to 22 and there is less doom and gloom though still not enough wins especially at the Amex.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

41 points - form table is 6 points from last 6 I think. Including city away and an in form Arsenal being our only 2 defeats. So looking at 38 points. Or last 3 games - 4 points - which would mean 25 odd points - so 44 total. If we have some luck as opposed to the clear bad luck we’ve had so far I’d say it’s a possibility. Wouldn’t say we ‘definitely’ won’t break it if form continues.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Good manager. Overachieved with a Derby team getting them to the play offs in his first ever year. Then took a team with kids to a very respectable position in his first ever Premier year at Chelsea. Also incredibly articulate and seemingly high levels of EQ.

Would take him over Potter in a flash.

didn't he spaff a load of money and have a load of chelskiwunderkids? not especially impressive

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Amusing, the amount of stats I’ve heard this season to back Potter up expected goals, pass completion, possession, chances created, it’s the strikers fault or maybe the defensive play. The one stat that really matters is conveniently brushed under the carpet.

money?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well I trust Tony Bloom to make the correct call. And you seem to be another who doesn’t understand what a long term goal is. No one expected mid table this season.

Last season we had a record points total. Let’s judge the manager by the end of the season.

By the way you say above that you expected more due to our investments. You’ve changed your tune. What’s this:

This I would agree with.

We failed to land the elusive striker. Sick note Welbeck is a very frustrating investment.
I would also add Lallana as a frustrating investment, can’t last 90 mins so every time he plays we are making a non tactical substitution, also I don’t want him holding back Mac’s development as he looks a real talent and has an eye for goal.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

bloomy's got brass balls tho'

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013

So you think Tony Bloom believes in this mythical long term goal?

Directly Potter has a modicum of success with us he will be gone to pastures new and we will be back to searching for a manager who can work with our limited budget.

It's all smoke and mirrors by the club.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

Directly Potter has a modicum of success with us he will be gone to pastures new and we will be back to searching for a manager who can work with our limited budget.

I love your positivity - on this cold winter’s evening it warms the cockles of my heart.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Large, printed tarpaulin, free to good home. Ideal birthday present for anyone called Frank. Contact Guy Laurence, CEO Chelsea FC.

0_GettyImages-1298154047.jpg

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I do think Tony Bloom has a long term goal for the club - as would anyone who places any confidence at all in his public statements concerning ownership and intention to pass the club onto his descendants.

You may be right regarding GP if the club is successful but the more success the club has the more experienced managers it will be able to attract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here