Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of creativity/attacking intent

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sixteen shots on goal does not mean we had sixteen chances. We didn't. As such that statistic is a bit misleading in the context it is being presented.

That said, we clearly didn't have the rub of the green and on another day would have gone on to win that game, possibly quite comfortably. But we didn't. And we keep on failing in the same way.

Finally: if we had 16 shots on goal with the team Gus put out there, imagine how many we'd have if he'd put out a more attacking team from the off...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sixteen shots on goal does not mean we had sixteen chances. We didn't. As such that statistic is a bit misleading in the context it is being presented.

That said, we clearly didn't have the rub of the green and on another day would have gone on to win that game, possibly quite comfortably. But we didn't. And we keep on failing in the same way.

Finally: if we had 16 shots on goal with the team Gus put out there, imagine how many we'd have if he'd put out a more attacking team from the off...

But the opposition might have had a lot more than four...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
But the opposition might have had a lot more than four...

The opposition had the best chance of the game...and missed.*

*1 - although it might have been a save.
*2 - If he'd gone down under Bridcutt's challenge, we'd have been down to 10 men too.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The opposition had the best chance of the game...and missed.*

*1 - although it might have been a save.
*2 - If he'd gone down under Bridcutt's challenge, we'd have been down to 10 men too.

He was offside tho.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Think of how many goals we could have scored if we had that other elusive forward

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Where are you getting it from that he was not fit enough for 90 minutes?
I said the team selection was shit when I saw it, so there you go.

Poyet said after the game he was not fit enough for 90 minutes.

Orlandi was also injured. Lua Lua was awful when given a chance to start (birmingham?) and Dobbie has been accused of being shit for us so far by most.
So who would you have played instead??

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Orlandi was also injured........

And yet we get told before that we have a fully fit squad to choose from?

Or is Gus just telling the press that Buckley was not fully fit to cover his poor team selection?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The most frustrating thing is how Poyet keeps saying how we need to make a faster start and get at them from the start and not allow the opposition to settle .....

But then picks a side without attacking intent which allows the opposition to get a foothold in the game

Ok Buckley couldn't play 90mins but we need to start with players like him and if need be only give him 45, we seem unable to chase the game so we need to control it and get on the front foot. We won't do that with Bridcutt, Crofts, Hammond and Barnes in the same starting 11.

That's not me having a go at any of those players individually its just far too cautious.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The most frustrating thing is how Poyet keeps saying how we need to make a faster start and get at them from the start and not allow the opposition to settle .....

But then picks a side without attacking intent which allows the opposition to get a foothold in the game

Ok Buckley couldn't play 90mins but we need to start with players like him and if need be only give him 45, we seem unable to chase the game so we need to control it and get on the front foot. We won't do that with Bridcutt, Crofts, Hammond and Barnes in the same starting 11.

That's not me having a go at any of those players individually its just far too cautious.

Totally agree.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
starting line up crofts bridcutt hammond lopez all pretty much the same .when teams come down and see that they just no how we r going to play there is no plan b . buckley or lua lua should of started . heard poyet interview and he basically said every team is the same . well i dont agree leicester wont play one up at home against us on tuesday nor will blackpool .every team poses a different threat imo.he also said that eventually one team is going to get spanked ,well on these latest performances i dont think so last three homes games 1 point from a possible 9 thats relagation form not top half. you could sense that for the first time poyet is under pressure .can he turn it around hope so and needs to quick with the next two tough away games comming up we could be bottom half this time next saturday

Your punctuation is appalling.
Your observations are spot on.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Orlandi was also injured. Lua Lua was awful when given a chance to start (birmingham?) and Dobbie has been accused of being shit for us so far by most.
So who would you have played instead??

Fair enough, apologies.
On reflection it probably was the only line-up possible for the players available. LuaLua was so shit it was unreal against Ipswich.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011

Hopfully on day we'll start to see an attacking line up instead off an defensive formation.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am not going to over analyse the starting line up. We dominated the game and were unlucky with the goal.

I wouldn't have said we dominated the game.

fairly even first half, we had the better of the second but couldn't score.

I would like to see us start games quicker, and not set up like an away team.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I wouldn't have said we dominated the game.

fairly even first half, we had the better of the second but couldn't score.

I would like to see us start games quicker, and not set up like an away team.

Well the longer we go with out winning and keep losing then Gus will put out a more defensive line up to stop the rot and that'll only mean one thing. more defeats.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Agree with pretty much all of that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here