Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lack of creativity/attacking intent

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Buckley is our main attacking threat in my opinion- it's quite blatantly obvious- so why is he not starting at home? Mind-boggling stuff
Because he was not fit enough for 90 minutes - how is that mind boggling??

Orlandi also injured and Lua Lua has been poor recently. So who exactly were we supposed to start out wide?
Lopez has played most of his career as a winger and Barnes played that role very well for most of last season.
Easy for people to pick apart the team selection AFTER a defeat.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I wish we had a Marvin Emnes Up front

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
I think the main problem is that we have 3 good centre mids who started today but they aren't really-Maybe Crofts aside-players that will take the game to the opposition and make things happen. Bridcutt is awesome at playing deep and protecting, Hammond treads on his toes a little in my opinion when he should be making a better option. We need a player who plays between the lines and finds those gaps in between the opposition. But we also need the players to have the balls to take these passes on as they are a little bit more riskier-perhaps Gus tells them to keep it safe- as playing it to Bridge/Bruno is a safer/easier option.

I thought Barnes was good today and in the second half he was the one to come and offer for the ball. Basically I feel we should sometimes try and play through the opposition not always around them(wings) especially when Gus plays such a narrow team.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
I wish we had a Marvin Emnes Up front

This. He was very good for them today and last season - works hard, wins the ball and holds it up very good player IMHO. Waiting to get flamed but I actually found myself clapping him off today I have never applauded an opposition player in my life.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Gus you have taken the Albion as far as you can.
Your inability to find a prolific scorer is now beyond you & the team is drifting.
Please do the decent thing & leave.
There won't be a shortage of other managers who will find us a team that knows how to score.
One goal in 4 games. Donnie is not up to it, Barnes neither & your track record in the past for forwards has Been awful.
We will always be thankful for what you have achieved at BHA but for the sake of the club leave before you are sacked.
The next two games are away & then Leeds at home. Leave with some dignity. We don't need you or want you now. You have reached the pinnacle.

What a load of crap. And who the hell is Donnie?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lopez took some good corners but once again because Gus won't buy and play an old fashioned target man we have pretty well zero chance of scoring against a big organised defence.

Yes we were unlucky to concede but we haven't won ,for what is it now a year when we concede 1st? That, if true, is a f***ing appalling statistic.

I do not believe we could not entice an old fashioned forward here in 3 transfer windows and I am now convinced that Gus has no intention of getting one. We'd better hope Dobbie comes good soon, although he looked well off the pace again today.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think it really is as simple as bringing in an out and out striker. I think Bridge has the capacity to help out cover for the lost midfielder, whoever that may be.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We won't finish anywhere near the top 6 unless this elusive striker is signed, also where is this attacking midfielder because i didn't see one today busting his gut to get into the area to meet all the crosses that went in. We have been found out and cannot seem to break even mediocre teams down know.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's not the lack of creativity, it's our seeming team wide inability to take the chances we create. We had 3 good chances to score today, but missed them all.

I was having a pee after the match and noticed one of the posters with CMS advertising the match lottery thing, with the slogan "three chances to score". Yep, it certainly appears that Craig needs at least 3 chances to get a goal on average.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Because he was not fit enough for 90 minutes - how is that mind boggling??

Orlandi also injured and Lua Lua has been poor recently. So who exactly were we supposed to start out wide?
Lopez has played most of his career as a winger and Barnes played that role very well for most of last season.
Easy for people to pick apart the team selection AFTER a defeat.

Where are you getting it from that he was not fit enough for 90 minutes?
I said the team selection was shit when I saw it, so there you go.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
we had more possesion and more shots than we did against Barnsley, I dont think that adds up to a lack of attacking intent. If Mackail - Smith had put away two very good chances that he had everybody would be happy with todays perfomance.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Starting the game: Crofts, Hammond, Bridcutt, David

On the bench: Buckley, LuaLua

Discuss.

Just came on here to say the same thing. How can Gus moan that we're not scoring goals when we leave the two players most likely to create chances on the bench until it's too late?

I must admit my heart sank when I heard the starting line-up... There really is no excuse for not starting a home match with either Buckley or Kaz - especially when we're finding it difficult to score goals! I'm not usually critical of Poyet, but the team selection today was poor.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's not the lack of creativity, it's our seeming team wide inability to take the chances we create. We had 3 good chances to score today, but missed them all.

Correct.

Hammond and Crofts' first half headers were the kind of chances you've GOT to take.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here