Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Something I've suddenly decided I do care about, is that it's the Welsh Parliament in English. The name changed from Welsh Assembly a few years ago.

I only know that because I was reading about the voting systems used in the devolved parliaments/assemblies around the time of the general election. Funnily enough, nobody's been daft enough to set up a parliament from scratch in this country with FPTP. :lolol:
You're right, we should be calling it Senedd Cymru, or just The Senedd. Interesting.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When did the top tier of English Football become the ‘Premiership’ now i’m really confused
From 1993 to 2001, the league was called as the FA Carling Premiership. Barclaycard took over in 2001 and since then it is known as the Barclays Premier League.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
From 1993 to 2001, the league was called as the FA Carling Premiership. Barclaycard took over in 2001 and since then it is known as the Barclays Premier League.
I thought it is now just known as The Premier League

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Thank you but not entirely accurate, The title of the competition then changed to the FA Barclays Premiership. It became the Barclays Premier League from the 2007/08 campaign.
Clearly you are never wrong 🤔
She’s a Yorkshire woman, you can tell a Yorkshire woman but you can’t tell her anything, she’ll be along soon to say she isn’t from Yorkshire 😉

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cjd

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Rather amusing how easily some on here brush off the Welsh Gethin business, whilst if it was a Conservative having to resign, they would be all over it, coughing and spluttering with outrage.😁😉

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Rather amusing how easily some on here brush off the Welsh Gethin business, whilst if it was a Conservative having to resign, they would be all over it, coughing and spluttering with outrage.😁😉
The current leader of the Conservatives in the Senedd has previously resigned from his position due to lack of confidence among his Conservative colleagues, and is in position now because his replacement resigned for drinking alcohol in the Senedd during covid.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think he should have resigned sooner, but by Tory standards he jumped quite quickly.
If it was a Conservative having to resign, he wouldn't have yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The current leader of the Conservatives in the Senedd has previously resigned from his position due to lack of confidence among his Conservative colleagues, and is in position now because his replacement resigned for drinking alcohol in the Senedd during covid.

When you look back, some of the restrictions and outrage seem a tad over the top. Taking the demon drink when not at home with family, frowned upon, for example.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61271050

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I think he should have resigned sooner, but by Tory standards he jumped quite quickly.
If it was a Conservative having to resign, he wouldn't have yet.
Regardless of how long he took to resign, it's probably fair to say that he shouldn't have taken the money in the first place.

Amusingly, the Welsh Conservatives aren't pushing for a snap election. I can't imagine why not. :lolol:

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
Why do the Welsh keep putting themselves through it, they must see the light somewhen, labour will keep screwing it up. Can someone from Wales explain the mentality behind it all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here