Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
2k have now crossed the channel since Starmer and Cooper have been smashing the gangs.

Can someone tell me when will we see this figure drop significantly excluding bad weather?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
2k have now crossed the channel since Starmer and Cooper have been smashing the gangs.

Can someone tell me when will we see this figure drop significantly excluding bad weather?
He's done it before, with the drugs gangs, so he's got previous in this.

I know this because he mentioned it one less time than the toolmaker bit.

Time will tell.

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
He's done it before, with the drugs gangs, so he's got previous in this.

I know this because he mentioned it one less time than the toolmaker bit.

Time will tell.
Time certainly will tell.

I can't see any human rights lawyer, smashing up a King Edward to go with his Linda MC Cartney sausages, let alone smashing up illegal gangs.

This crossing figure will matter so much at the next election, he has had so long to plan this he should be out of the blocks early.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

I've always wondered is there some kind of cut off point in the channel where the Royal Navy could legally just turn boats back?

Wouldn't that be an option?

Either that or the SBS, SAS or another part of our Special Forces sabotaging the boats on the French beaches before they left?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've always wondered is there some kind of cut off point in the channel where the Royal Navy could legally just turn boats back?

Either that or the SBS, SAS or another part of our Special Forces sabotaging the boats on the French beaches before they left?
The French are already using boat sabotage as a tactic. But they go out under cover of dark and the gangs are great at evading them. Exactly why we should be tackling the gangs rather than the migrants.

Can you tell me how many pieces of legislation have come into law since Labour took over?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

It's an interesting twist I didn't see coming for the meltdown involving the Labour party to be among users on here rather than in the actual Labour party...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Forced returns at sea ("push-backs") are illegal under international law. Whilst the boats are in French waters we can obviously do nothing. Once they're in British waters we are responsible, and can't push them back (or otherwise return them) to French waters.

The best ways to deal with the problem are (a) to create safe, legal routes for people to claim asylum, (b) seek a deal with France/the EU whereby we can legally return certain asylum-seekers, and (c) work with the French/Belgian authorities to crack down on the criminal gangs.

The new Labour government is looking at all three options (and no doubt many more), and we'll certainly have a much more effective asylum policy under Labour than we did under the Tories. The latter's flagship Rwanda policy cost around £700m and managed to secure the transfer of FOUR asylum-seekers to Rwanda (all of whom went voluntarily). The Tories also spent BILLIONS on housing asylum-seekers in hotels, etc, rather than actually processing their applications. The scale of the problem is huge, and won't be sorted in a couple of weeks (as Right Brain Ronnie seems to expect).

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North

You'd think wouldn't you.

The French are already using boat sabotage as a tactic. But they go out under cover of dark and the gangs are great at evading them. Exactly why we should be tackling the gangs rather than the migrants.

Can you tell me how many pieces of legislation have come into law since Labour took over?
The french are hardly motivated, where is their motivation?

About 40 why?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Interesting they've cancelled the contract for the bibby barge already. Even if they get the backlog down, there's surely going to be a need for it unless you can find alternative accommodation cheaper.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

You are aware that the Forces, Royal Navy, SAS or SBS have refused to disobey international Maritime Law?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't think he was, hence why he asked the question but you knew that didn't you.
It was a rhetorical question reminding him. It was news a few years ago when the Admiral of the Fleet reminded Pritti Patel.

Nicks

It is illegal to enter this country without a valid passport so we could turn them straight back once they are inside home waters. But with these two spineless governments we welcome them with open arms.
Even the last Labour Government with David Blunkett as Home Secretary deported over 50,000 illegal immigrants

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Interesting they've cancelled the contract for the bibby barge already. Even if they get the backlog down, there's surely going to be a need for it unless you can find alternative accommodation cheaper.
The backlog will be sorted by everyone being granted asylum, a typical Labour response

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Rational thinking would assume that it will take months to get things get things working. And no-one would want the government to rush into new policies and practices like, off the top of my head, sending them to a foreign country, paying millions, and no-one actually going.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here