Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
When you look back, some of the restrictions and outrage seem a tad over the top. Taking the demon drink when not at home with family, frowned upon, for example.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61271050
Well, that wasn't against the rules. Which was the whole point.

I don't think the Welsh Conservative leader actually broke any national rules/regulations either, for what it's worth.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sounds like they're going to ignore calls from the back benches and other parties by not changing track on the two child cap.
Angela standing firm.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thank you but not entirely accurate, The title of the competition then changed to the FA Barclays Premiership. It became the Barclays Premier League from the 2007/08 campaign.

She’s a Yorkshire woman, you can tell a Yorkshire woman but you can’t tell her anything, she’ll be along soon to say she isn’t from Yorkshire 😉
From Premierleague.com:

Between 1993 and 2016, each season of the Premier League had a title sponsor. From the 1993/94 season, it was known as the FA Carling Premiership, before the sponsorship changed in 2001 to Barclaycard until 2004.

The title of the competition then changed to the FA Barclays Premiership. It became the Barclays Premier League from the 2007/08 campaign.

The 2015/16 season was the final one having a title sponsor, with the competition becoming the Premier League from 2016/17.

(It is also referred to as the EPL - English Premier League)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thank you but not entirely accurate, The title of the competition then changed to the FA Barclays Premiership. It became the Barclays Premier League from the 2007/08 campaign.

She’s a Yorkshire woman, you can tell a Yorkshire woman but you can’t tell her anything, she’ll be along soon to say she isn’t from Yorkshire 😉
You know I’m not but think it’s funny to say so.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I suppose it belongs more in this Labour thread...

Labour is facing weeks of political deadlock in Wales after Vaughan Gething quit as first minister after a turbulent four months of infighting and scandal, with a replacement not expected until the autumn.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Rather amusing how easily some on here brush off the Welsh Gethin business, whilst if it was a Conservative having to resign, they would be all over it, coughing and spluttering with outrage.😁😉
Replying to myself, I raise a smile at the wholly unsurprising replies from some.😁

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Rather amusing how easily some on here brush off the Welsh Gethin business, whilst if it was a Conservative having to resign, they would be all over it, coughing and spluttering with outrage.😁😉
Nothing to see here. Besides, I didn’t even know where Wales was until a few days ago.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Dirty labour bastards, slamming the door if the face of that old woman there, symptomatic of how the next 5 years are going to go. Disgraceful.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Isn't it what politicians do, argue for things they want to see happen? If there is any financial interest to herself in arguing for it, then maybe its a problem.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
An enlightening quarter of an hour.

What a thoroughly patronising woman Badenoch is. Hope she’s elected leader, she’ll keep the Tories out of power for a generation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here