Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
638 posts in this thread and I'm yet to see a Labour meltdown.
It seems to mostly consist of one individual posting stuff they think counts as a meltdown

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All of which would have been posted and derided on the Tory thread if it were the other way round. Here's another one for you as you seem interested.

A great example of why there won’t be a meltdown for some time.

When a man like Johnson or Farage is leader, the nastiest of ****ers can get into their parties and all the way to the cabinet.

In stark contrast, Sir Keir is stamping out any dodgy characters before they have the chance to be an MP. Albeit, helped by hundreds of Mail, Sun, Express and Telegraph journalists who are doing the hard research, desperate for a story. If only they’d shine more of a light on the Tory and Reform candidates, you’d get a couple of these stories a day!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
"I couldn't give a toss" - You started the thread 😂

I don't think you've grasped the concept of challenging other people's view, to be honest.
Couldn't give a toss was in response to A1X as you well know, I'm not going to have a meltdown as I "couldn't give a toss" so will continue to post as I see fit.

The fact is I started this thread initially as a parody of the Tory thread and to poke at the incessant left leaning politics threads on here which are a series of backslapping efforts as to who hates the Tories the most that then suddenly end up being a binfest of infighting abut anti semitism etc.

All I'm going to do is highlight where Labour falls short as they will undoubtedly be the next government, I won't be going around calling people Nazis, Racists, Gammons, Woke etc. I shall leave that to others.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
Couldn't give a toss was in response to A1X as you well know, I'm not going to have a meltdown as I "couldn't give a toss" so will continue to post as I see fit.

The fact is I started this thread initially as a parody of the Tory thread and to poke at the incessant left leaning politics threads on here which are a series of backslapping efforts as to who hates the Tories the most that then suddenly end up being a binfest of infighting abut anti semitism etc.

All I'm going to do is highlight where Labour falls short as they will undoubtedly be the next government, I won't be going around calling people Nazis, Racists, Gammons, Woke etc. I shall leave that to others.
You were responding to a comment about an article you posted, in a thread you started about a Labour meltdown.

Your comment above reads like a mini meltdown. I guess because the articles you've been posting show strong Labour leadership, but you didn't realise, or maybe, didn't read the article.

Many former posters of a right leaning political view used to do the same.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
You were responding to a comment about an article you posted, in a thread you started about a Labour meltdown.

Your comment above reads like a mini meltdown. I guess because the articles you've been posting show strong Labour leadership, but you didn't realise, or maybe, didn't read the article.

Many former posters of a right leaning political view used to do the same.
Well there will be no flounce from me so won't become a former poster, sounds as though you'd like me to follow them ?.

Interesting as to what you describe as a mini meltdown, I'm as relaxed as can be. Carry on though, as shall I.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Thing is, when Labour screw-up, the Party's supporters will quite rightly give them a bollocking.
But when Tories screw-up, their supporters repeatedly defend and make excuses for them.

In 1997, I liked Tony Blair, but now despise him (for much more than the Iraq War).
How many Tories will say "I once liked Boris Johnson, but now think he's a ****"?

IMHO, most Tory supporters are a million times more blinkered and tribal than most Labour voters.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Another dinosaur gone. Labour aren’t infallible themselves with vetting mistakes, but have taken action to correct this unlike Reform who actively excuse their own nutter candidates.

Shame the deadline has passed and they can’t get a proper candidate in to replace him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thing is, when Labour screw-up, the Party's supporters will quite rightly give them a bollocking.
But when Tories screw-up, their supporters repeatedly defend and make excuses for them.

In 1997, I liked Tony Blair, but now despise him (for much more than the Iraq War).
How many Tories will say "I once liked Boris Johnson, but now think he's a ****"?

IMHO, most Tory supporters are a million times more blinkered and tribal than most Labour voters.
Surely that they are about to be completely wiped out shows the supporters are giving them a bollocking where it matters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'll give it 'til about July 2025.

Honeymoon period, then reality.
There will be no honeymoon period at all, in truth. The state of the country is such a mess, that they'll inevitably be firefighting from Day 1.

Firefighting problems which the Tories and their apologists will immediately seek to crucify them for, refusing to acknowledge that they are all problems inherited from the incumbent incompetents - without a trace of irony, after STILL laughably trying to blame current issues on a government that left power 14 years ago!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There will be no honeymoon period at all, in truth. The state of the country is such a mess, that they'll inevitably be firefighting from Day 1.

Firefighting problems which the Tories and their apologists will immediately seek to crucify them for, refusing to acknowledge that they are all problems inherited from the incumbent incompetents - without a trace of irony, after STILL laughably trying to blame current issues on a government that left power 14 years ago!
And the Tory Fleet Street attack dogs (and probably Russian bots) will be unleashed from day 1.

Absolutely slaughtering Starmer for things which the tories have been doing for years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here