Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. Typical throw your toys out of pram if someone dares to disagree with your opinion response.

I doubt we have anywhere near the same political opinions (think you said you are Tory?) but the use of ignore by some on this forum is a bit childish

Understandable if someone is being defamatory or persistently insulting but not when it's used because someone has a different view.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I doubt we have anywhere near the same political opinions (think you said you are Tory?) but the use of ignore by some on this forum is a bit childish

Understandable if someone is being defamatory or persistently insulting but not when it's used because someone has a different view.
I haven't said who I support but I am a previous Tory voter. Can't stand Boris & Truss but I do like Cameron. Undecided what to vote this time around but I started this thread as the Tory Meltdown thread I thought was over the top and that if you look with an open mind then the other parties are also corrupt, full of internal wrangling etc. not just Labour and Tories but see the SNP and others...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I haven't said who I support but I am a previous Tory voter. Can't stand Boris & Truss but I do like Cameron. Undecided what to vote this time around but I started this thread as the Tory Meltdown thread I thought was over the top and that if you look with an open mind then the other parties are also corrupt, full of internal wrangling etc. not just Labour and Tories but see the SNP and others...

I don't think you really need to :lolol:

Well over a thousand pages on the Tory one surely warrants a corresponding Labour one when they will undoubtedly form the next government.

Diane Abbot being barred from standing could be first discussion ?

Bravo chaps, I only posted this to make light of the huge tory thread but in less than a day we've got 5 pages of lefty squabbling, gammon & loonie lefties comments. Well played all.

Uh oh, this thread seems to have taken a lefty circle wank turn the same as the Tory thread. Oh well.

Sorry to intrude on your lefty squabbling but to get the thread back on track, I see Vaughan Gething took £200k to fund his first minister campaign from a company linked to environmental crimes. Labour sleaze, they are all the same!.

And even the cry of they're all the same for good measure :thumbsup:
The plaintive cry of someone who has voted for a complete clusterf*** (often more than once :wink:), now realises they have voted for a complete clusterf***, but in order to try not to appear stupid or take any responsibility for the clusterf*** , claims that they're all the same so their vote didn't contribute to this current clusterf*** in any way :lolol:

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don’t understand Abbott….according to a bbc reporter, yesterday she posted “more lies” on X, in response to something Starmer said (it wasn’t critical) subsequently deleting it….
She’s got her wish to stand as a Labour candidate ….surely just concentrate on that ….baffling

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I haven't said who I support

kris jenner mystery GIF

borat

Jul 16, 2003

I will say that I believe Tories do a special line corruption. In general they seem to be more concerned and successful than others with lining their and their friends pockets. Covid was a perfect case study of how MPs use disaster to profit.

Labour corruption for the main comes can be seen in the lobby money they receive from various companies and nation states. Even post politics they reveal themselves. Angela Smith ex Labour was often speaking out against Corbyn's plans to nationalise water. She leaves Labour and joins...a water board. Tom Watson when in Labour spoke out frequently and campaigned against dangers of gambling. What does he do after leaving - joins Paddy Power.

Corporate (including media owners) and foreign state influence on our MPs is in my opinion the biggest threat to democracy we face (even more so in the US). The concerning thing is that its so embedded in politics that its seems to be accepted.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Plenty do it though, as funny and rum as it is.

b06107ea-1a7d-4800-97a8-268e19e41737_text.gif

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I will say that I believe Tories do a special line corruption. In general they seem to be more concerned and successful than others with lining their and their friends pockets. Covid was a perfect case study of how MPs use disaster to profit.

Labour corruption for the main comes can be seen in the lobby money they receive from various companies and nation states. Even post politics they reveal themselves. Angela Smith ex Labour was often speaking out against Corbyn's plans to nationalise water. She leaves Labour and joins...a water board. Tom Watson when in Labour spoke out frequently and campaigned against dangers of gambling. What does he do after leaving - joins Paddy Power.

Corporate (including media owners) and foreign state influence on our MPs is in my opinion the biggest threat to democracy we face (even more so in the US). The concerning thing is that its so embedded in politics that its seems to be accepted.
I would agree with that first line, the corruption should be investigated and if proven prosecutions or whatever is needed should be applied. I think my point is, that had labour or whoever been in power other than the Tories would they be squeaky clean and virtuous, of course not. Power corrupts people, the Tories have just had much more of this in recent history than anyone else.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
For those of you who I are interested, Dave Rowntree will be in the Wheatsheaf, Cuckfield tomorrow night between 5.30 and 7.30 to answer any questions you might have about his candidacy. I have known Dave for many years and he’s a good bloke.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I don’t understand Abbott….according to a bbc reporter, yesterday she posted “more lies” on X, in response to something Starmer said (it wasn’t critical) subsequently deleting it….
She’s got her wish to stand as a Labour candidate ….surely just concentrate on that ….baffling
She's been posting absolutely batshit stuff on twitter, looking desperate to be suspended, for at least a year

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't think she is.
Frankly, looks like she may be being used as a convenient mouthpiece by people around her. Her wellbeing in that case, not being their priority
Far be it from me to speculate on another’s health without evidence, not least their mental health, I find her behaviour confusing.

As it stands, she is free to stand and very, very likely remain an MP in a party which is almost certain to be in government in a month’s time.

But she seems determined to sabotage both herself and her political party, simply because she isn’t part of the inner circle anymore now that they’re actually, you know, successful again.

Her behaviour is highly illogical, captain.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Far be it from me to speculate on another’s health without evidence, not least their mental health, I find her behaviour confusing.

As it stands, she is free to stand and very, very likely remain an MP in a party which is almost certain to be in government in a month’s time.

But she seems determined to sabotage both herself and her political party, simply because she isn’t part of the inner circle anymore now that they’re actually, you know, successful again.

Her behaviour is highly illogical, captain.
Hence my comment above ‘’baffling’’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here