Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Have to wonder if he is tone deaf or stone deaf. Surely the man has advisers to point out the colossal blunderness of this blunder.
It can be incredibly difficult to convince the arrogant that they are just about to make a mistake.

Sunak doesn't seem the type to surround himself with strong-willed advisors who are unafraid of voicing an opposing opinion. More likely a bunch of smarmy acolytes who tell him how brilliant (and tall) he is.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
"I had to return to defend myself against the terrible and disgraceful lies the Labour Party are putting around about me lying - if they hadn't made up these lies about me lying, I could have stayed over there".
Did you miss the word forever off the end of that?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
A Scottish Labour politician resigned during a probe which found rules were broken when her son was awarded a share in a £4m contract award. Elaine McDougall quit her role on the board of a housing association which awarded work to her son's tiling firm for repairs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Won't it lose votes from the left or have they lost those already?
The hard left have only 2 options really vote labour or don’t vote …. Not having Unite on board will be better for Labour in this election I think

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
My only worry about labour party with Starmer is they seem to be flying the union jack rather than the EU flag, surely a decoy just for the election and after we have won it, it will be full steam ahead to reverse Brexit. If he sticks to his principles.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Typically stunning clear and instructive reporting from the Argus.

A former MP has been suspended from the Labour Party over serious allegations.

Ivor Caplin previously represented Hove between 1997 and 2005. His suspension comes shortly after former MP Lloyd Russell-Moyle was also suspended from Labour.
Mr Caplin declined to comment.
The Argus understands that Mr Caplin is not currently a member of the Labour Party.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here