Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Newsnight reporting that Lloyd Russel Moyle has been suspended and not allowed to stand for Brighton Kemptown seat.

I was never a fan of him but the way Keir is wielding power already to choose who he wants is worrying. What’s he going to be like when he gets power ? If this election was on a knife edge would have he got rid of Russell Moyle, Abbot, Corbyn?
Who cares. Every challenge is an opportunity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
With recent de-selections perhaps Starmer is looking for a seat for his new friend Natalie Elphicke?
She is leaving politics at the GE. Gone, like the swallows. DO keep up.

In other news it is rumoured that Starmer will parachute Corbyn in as leader of he house.

Gosh, I love a rumour, me.

I am rumoured to be king of he world. As far as I know.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
With recent de-selections perhaps Starmer is looking for a seat for his new friend Natalie Elphicke?

Doesnt sound like it, but he has found a seat for Luke Akehurst who I don't think is from the area of Durham. I wanted to find out a little more about him.

Luke Akehurst​

Luke Akehurst has been Director of We Believe in Israel since its foundation in 2011.

Luke is not Jewish but has been a committed Zionist all his life.

His work career before We Believe in Israel included being a Director at global PR company Weber Shandwick, where he worked for 11 years and was named as Public Affairs News UK Consultant of the Year 2008. He has also worked for Hackney and Lewisham Councils, the Labour Party and the BBC Political Research Unit. He was National Secretary of Labour Students from 1995-1996.

Outside of work he was a Hackney Councillor from 2002-2014, including 7 years as Chief Whip, and stood for Parliament in 2001 in Aldershot and 2005 in Castle Point. He topped the poll in the 2020 and 2022 elections to the Labour Party National Executive Committee, having also previously served on it from 2010-2012.

Luke is married with two sons. He graduated with a BSc in Politics from Bristol University.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Starmtroopers are getting everyone out of their way. The treatment of Faiza Shaheen is particularly reprehensible. I ‘m no longer a fan of Lloyd Moyle but his treatment also factional BS. What an awful party. Still at least Luke Akehurst may get a seat. Utter joke.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
The Starmtroopers are getting everyone out of their way. The treatment of Faiza Shaheen is particularly reprehensible. I ‘m no longer a fan of Lloyd Moyle but his treatment also factional BS. What an awful party. Still at least Luke Akehurst may get a seat. Utter joke.
How do you know it's 'factional BS'. Do you have inside knowledge of the charges against him?
Serious question

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Newsnight reporting that Lloyd Russel Moyle has been suspended and not allowed to stand for Brighton Kemptown seat.

I was never a fan of him but the way Keir is wielding power already to choose who he wants is worrying. What’s he going to be like when he gets power ? If this election was on a knife edge would have he got rid of Russell Moyle, Abbot, Corbyn?
Didn’t Momentum/Corbyn not do the same but much more aggressively?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Whilst I can understand every reason to not vote Tory I cannot see a single reason to vote Labour. They have an open goal and what they’re coming up with is total ditchwater. It’s making me look for a third party to vote for which will certainly be a wasted vote.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Whilst I can understand every reason to not vote Tory I cannot see a single reason to vote Labour. They have an open goal and what they’re coming up with is total ditchwater. It’s making me look for a third party to vote for which will certainly be a wasted vote.
I think @The Clamp ’s ditch lid needs to remain open, i can see him being busy ploughing long after July 4th 😂

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And that attitude is why we are in danger of ending up with 5 more years of the most corrupt and incompetent government ever.
There is no danger of that happening unless Labour complete implode.

But its an view shared felt by a large number of the country, getting rid of the Tories is good, however if an incoming government is elected on the basis of they are just not the Tories, it's not a good thing for the country ,the incoming party won't have much goodwill when/if things go a bit wrong.

It's also not the peoples fault to be uninspired by its options, we have been let down.

Wouldn't it be nice to have two good options?

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
My imperative for this election is to remove the Tories from power. Nothing else. I shall deploy my vote tactically, in the hope of unseating my Tory MP.

Beyond that… let the chips fall where they may. I’ll start worrying about Labour more once they’re in power. The lot that have power now have amply demonstrated why they shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near it again.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My imperative for this election is to remove the Tories from power. Nothing else. I shall deploy my vote tactically, in the hope of unseating my Tory MP.

Beyond that… let the chips fall where they may. I’ll start worrying about Labour more once they’re in power. The lot that have power now have amply demonstrated why they shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near it again.
Indeed.

I heard a great piece from James O’Brien about Starmer and Labour. He was challenged by some very hardened remainers on why Labour were not gunning for a return to the EU and being more radical with their policies. His response was that there was only one mission, to get the worst government (potentially ever) out of office and to get Labour elected as the Government. If Labour are not 100% committed to that mission, it could fail.

I note in some of the posts above that the sort of folk who need ‘inspiration’ are those who fell for Johnson, hook, line and sinker. Look where that got us. I’m sick of all this ‘he needs a personality’ shit. I just want adults with good judgement running my country, not billionaire backed rats gaslighting the most cerebrally challenged in order to make themselves and their friends/family a lot richer (Mogg’s investment firm has over £100m shares in Infosys).

If we’re all honest, there is simply no money to pay for inspiring policies too.

It’s going to take a long time to turn this country around after what the Tories have done but I’m sure it will happen. I’m hopeful too that the poisonous media narrative dictated from billionaires via the right wing media will disappear. We’ve been fed nothing but bullshit whilst they’ve made their money, no real focus on the scandal of our NHS, schools, roads and rivers turning to shit. Instead, we get ‘what about immigrants’ or ‘what about hamas’ or ‘what about trans people’. This is why the Tories MUST be made to be the third largest party or worse.

Forget Labour tribalism. Put it on your back burner to turn the heat up on when they get in power. For now, it’s all about scrubbing the Tory scum out of our politics.

Last edited:

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
I think the issue with this thread is there’s not been a meltdown. This Diane Abbott thing is really very small beer.

For comparison, the Tory thread started over Partygate, which led to multiple police fines and the resignation of the Prime Minister. Whatever this Abbott thing is, it’s not that.
Yet! Labour not even in power yet and already 8 pages of binfestry and now sitting MP's being suspended and barred from standing again. Tories are shite and labour no different they just haven't had a chance to be corrupt for such a long time.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Never ceases to amaze me how bitter the far left Labour supporters are about Labour’s resurrection under Starmer. It feels like some would genuinely rather lose than have a centre-right Labour government. I’m sorry, that’s just mental.

The far left consistently loses - heavily, even against unpopular Tory governments - because the British people collectively don’t want far left politics. Starmer instead of Corbyn would’ve walked to victory, just as he’s going to in July.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have given a very good reason in the same sentence!

But this is not really the point of your post is it?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bravo chaps, I only posted this to make light of the huge tory thread but in less than a day we've got 5 pages of lefty squabbling, gammon & loonie lefties comments. Well played all.

Yet! Labour not even in power yet and already 8 pages of binfestry and now sitting MP's being suspended and barred from standing again. Tories are shite and labour no different they just haven't had a chance to be corrupt for such a long time.

Try and hold the line for a few hours at least :lolol:

I love the way nobody from the 10% of NSC who are apparently voting Conservative have started or posted on this thread, only centrists who are having 'doubts' about Labour. Maybe they're a little shy ???

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here