Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Well, Labour have lost my vote by getting rid of Russell-Moyle...

I wrote to him during the pandemic as I fell 'between the cracks' getting no furlough, self employment help or Universal credit...

He/his team wrote back offering a solution which worked, unlike any other advice I sought which was useless or ignored...I will forever be grateful to him...

Hardly a 'purist' but the Greens have just gained a vote
That's excellent but you (or I, obviously) have no idea what the complaint about him is. Should he be immune?

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Good post.

I note that Faiza Shaheen was seemingly very impressive and popular and was likely to win her seat.

There is no way Corbyn would have allowed this to happen to her over a liked tweet (having been guilty of that himself) but in the same way he wasn’t electable and was responsible for allowing joke human being Johnson to become PM (by putting himself forward as a leader when he had very few leadership skills)

A zero tolerance on antisemitism is one of the key pillars of Labour’s election campaign as it should be. That means, if you put your foot over the line, even if it’s by a millimetre, you are out. End of.

And if you're Luke Akehurst, it seems you are in.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
Absolutely, and I’ll never judge anyone for voting the way their heart tells them to (except BNP or outright racist groups I suppose). I just don’t understand why Labour *supporters* are providing the biggest opposition to their sweeping a landslide in the election.

There seems to be little understanding of their world and opinions outside of the “we’re right, you’re wrong” hard left bubble. Compromise. The art of the possible.

Policy is never enacted in opposition. Win, get a huge majority, THEN enact policy.
Going by this, Labour will get their HUGE majority. Interesting though, as I'm sure I saw something on Sky News a week or so ago that suggested because of the swing that was needed, although Labour would most likely win most seats, a majority wasn't 'guaranteed' - or words to that effect. I did think that was a bit odd - but then Sky News can be very odd (Kay Burley going on about needing to scrap VAT on dog food when interviewing Hunt this morning :rolleyes:).

No doubt we'll see more and more of these charts and predictions as we get closer to 4/7.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 08.56.41.png

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Good post.

I note that Faiza Shaheen was seemingly very impressive and popular and was likely to win her seat.

There is no way Corbyn would have allowed this to happen to her over a liked tweet (having been guilty of that himself) but in the same way he wasn’t electable and was responsible for allowing joke human being Johnson to become PM (by putting himself forward as a leader when he had very few leadership skills)

A zero tolerance on antisemitism is one of the key pillars of Labour’s election campaign as it should be. That means, if you put your foot over the line, even if it’s by a millimetre, you are out. End of.
Utter garbage. Faiza would have been one of the few good Labour MPs left and a superb candidate for her home area. This is simply factional nonesense. I suggest you look at the Jon Stewart sketch she liked on twitter, it's not anti-semitic. In 2019 Faiza worked her are off to try and get IDS out of parliament and nearly succeeded in a year when Labour got beaten almost everywhere else. Luckily for Keir the general public don't really care about this, but for those who do care this is quite frankly offensive treatment of a great candidate who they have been trying to get rid of for ages.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Good post.

Correction "zero tolerance on anything anti-Israel". The weaponisation of a serious issue (AS) continues

For anyone questioning this, ask yourself - If Faiza Shaheen was on the right of the party would she still be running as candidate today? I think we all know the answer is yes.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Utter garbage. Faiza would have been one of the few good Labour MPs left and a superb candidate for her home area. This is simply factional nonesense. I suggest you look at the Jon Stewart sketch she liked on twitter, it's not anti-semitic. In 2019 Faiza worked her are off to try and get IDS out of parliament and nearly succeeded in a year when Labour got beaten almost everywhere else. Luckily for Keir the general public don't really care about this, but for those who do care this is quite frankly offensive treatment of a great candidate who they have been trying to get rid of for ages.
By her own admission the words used in one of the tweets she liked were regrettable and did align to a trope.

It wasn't a single item. The standards need to be exceeded not on just on the line.

Don't get me wrong, she has been an effective candidate and would likely have won but at what cost?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Well, Labour have lost my vote by getting rid of Russell-Moyle...

I wrote to him during the pandemic as I fell 'between the cracks' getting no furlough, self employment help or Universal credit...

He/his team wrote back offering a solution which worked, unlike any other advice I sought which was useless or ignored...I will forever be grateful to him...

Hardly a 'purist' but the Greens have just gained a vote
He was a great constituency MP. Let's just see who the candidate will be. I suspect much of the team who supported him will support the next Labour mp too

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Going by this, Labour will get their HUGE majority. Interesting though, as I'm sure I saw something on Sky News a week or so ago that suggested because of the swing that was needed, although Labour would most likely win most seats, a majority wasn't 'guaranteed' - or words to that effect. I did think that was a bit odd - but then Sky News can be very odd (Kay Burley going on about needing to scrap VAT on dog food when interviewing Hunt this morning :rolleyes:).

No doubt we'll see more and more of these charts and predictions as we get closer to 4/7.

View attachment 183196

I do think it’ll be a huge majority.

47% against 20% is unprecedented, moreover in safe Tory seats the goons voting for Reform will allow other parties in.

If the 3% who always hate on our country, the bitter left, try to ruin it for Labour, I think it’ll be a case of who really gives a f*ck?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do think it’ll be a huge majority.

47% against 20% is unprecedented, moreover in safe Tory seats the goons voting for Reform will allow other parties in.

If the 3% who always hate on our country, the bitter left, try to ruin it for Labour, I think it’ll be a case of who really gives a f*ck?
Starmer seems to have outmaneuvered them largely by ignoring them, but the second they retweet an anti-Semitic tweet, he flushed them down the bog. Simple and elegant. No debate.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sure they do, and we need (controlled )immigration.

But NETT inward migration of 800,000 people a year is not (IMO) sustainable.
We have an ageing population who need younger people working, and the birth rate is dropping.
I‘m not saying come one, come all, but locking people up on prison hulks or sticking them in hotels isn’t helping anyone.
Process the claims, and deport those who haven’t got a claim, but don’t be fooled by the Tories who yell boats boats boats, but travel to Asia to recruit medical workers there.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
We have an ageing population who need younger people working, and the birth rate is dropping.
I‘m not saying come one, come all, but locking people up on prison hulks or sticking them in hotels isn’t helping anyone.
Process the claims, and deport those who haven’t got a claim, but don’t be fooled by the Tories who yell boats boats boats, but travel to Asia to recruit medical workers there.
Where do I mention locking people up, sticking them in hotels or boats?

The 40,000 coming over by boat is a red herring - I'm referring to the 800,000 (NETT) a year increase in population who are given visas to come to the UK legally.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Nancy Platts?
She would be interesting. Having stood against caroline lucas in 2010 and losing and simon kirby in 2015 and also losing (marginally as green/lib dem split the vote) I don't know if it would be what she wants to do.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Where do I mention locking people up, sticking them in hotels or boats?

The 40,000 coming over by boat is a red herring - I'm referring to the 800,000 (NETT) a year increase in population who are given visas to come to the UK legally.
Take the sentence in context where I mention recruiting in Asia.
I was highlighting the hypocrisy.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Better still make it easy for people to apply from safe countries and process the claims quickly abroad, and bring in the ones with valid claims and reject the rest. Then people have no need to make the crossing in the first place. Especially if we deported everyone who made it and told them to go through the proper process.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
She would be interesting. Having stood against caroline lucas in 2010 and losing and simon kirby in 2015 and also losing (marginally as green/lib dem split the vote) I don't know if it would be what she wants to do.
Fun fact. Simon Kirby is an Albion sth in my area in the North stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here