Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I know I posted this before but still seeking an answer. Can anyone explain why it appears (Happy to be corrected) that no main stream newspaper is picking this up

Once again Labour doing what they would roundly condemn the Tories for doing.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Agreed.

I do wonder how many at Conference would be prepared to hold their noses and vote in favour of the policy as it stands, in an attempt to display a united front.

It's a fascinating dynamic.
If only they hadn’t sniped in opposition eh, as Blair said in his memoir’s, in opposition they spent too much time worrying about the Government eating itself up rather than planning what to do to ensure they didn’t 😂

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know I posted this before but still seeking an answer. Can anyone explain why it appears (Happy to be corrected) that no main stream newspaper is picking this up

I presume because there’s no evidence to suggest this happened? After all, the link you’ve posted is just a random blog which makes a claim with nothing to back it up.

I’m sure, at the very least, Private Eye will be onto this if there’s something to it, have you checked there?

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I presume because there’s no evidence to suggest this happened? After all, the link you’ve posted is just a random blog which makes a claim with nothing to back it up.

I’m sure, at the very least, Private Eye will be onto this if there’s something to it, have you checked there?

Here you go

Why should anyone have to check a niche publication like Private Eye for such a story. It should be covered across all ''major publications''

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
It's a no win if they have this vote. If they lose then the parlimentary party isn't representing its members and if they win the message is the party has decided that certain pensiores are expendable.
You keep coming back to the lack of political radar here don’t you? Economically speaking the WFA is a 1.5bn issue, is a trifle and it’s certainly not going to fill a £22bn black hole if one exists. I see the FT did an FOI request on the numbers but that got knocked back. If there is no black hole or one not as bad as referenced this policy decision is going to look even worse than it does now. Worse still their political capital with the public will be zero.

The previous lot lost the trust of the public broadly speaking over their tenure in Government by promising to sort out immigration. This lot promised the public orderly Government and the restoration of trust in the institutions of Government yet that is looking iffy in just 3 months.

Once politicians are the object of derision by the public they are finished, this lot are doing in en masse.

chip

Jul 7, 2003
Glorious Goodwood
You keep coming back to the lack of political radar here don’t you? Economically speaking the WFA is a 1.5bn issue, is a trifle and it’s certainly not going to fill a £22bn black hole if one exists. I see the FT did an FOI request on the numbers but that got knocked back. If there is no black hole or one not as bad as referenced this policy decision is going to look even worse than it does now. Worse still their political capital with the public will be zero.

The previous lot lost the trust of the public broadly speaking over their tenure in Government by promising to sort out immigration. This lot promised the public orderly Government and the restoration of trust in the institutions of Government yet that is looking iffy in just 3 months.

Once politicians are the object of derision by the public they are finished, this lot are doing in en masse.
Yes, I do. I don't think it is a political radar that is needed, the gaffes could have been avoided by most ordinary people. I think the conservatives normalised what most think of entitled, unacceptable and seemingly unaccountable behaviour. I agree with you after the last lot I stupidly hoped for better. I didn't expect them to be better a doing simple things badly.

With a £68K a year photographer for the DPM, at least the pictures will look better despite the subject matter.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

Why should anyone have to check a niche publication like Private Eye for such a story. It should be covered across all ''major publications''

Furthermore Labour are not always accommodating with accredited journalists who may like to investigate things a little deeper.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

It has to be one of two things.

1) There is a conspiracy amongst all print and TV news outlets, including GB News, the Daily Mail and the Telegraph not to print anything which could hurt the Labour Party

2) It isn't true

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here