Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Labour Party meltdown incoming.......

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
I totally understand and fully accept the security issues of him "standing on the terraces" and that the cost of his personal security is significantly less if he is in corporate hospitality.

Starmer certainly hasn't helped himself by accepting free corporate hospitality from Arsenal.

I totally understand and fully accept the security issues of him "standing on the terraces" and that the cost of his personal security is significantly less if he is in corporate hospitality. All good. No problem.

But what Starmer appears to have overlooked (and I've not heard any journalist argue this point with him) is that it is actually possible to PAY for corporate hospitality. He isn't obliged to accept a freebie and open himself up to suggestions that Arsenal / the EPL are expecting something in return.

With a salary around £170K PA he can certainly afford to pay for corporate hospitality (and indeed a few suits).

He is coming across to me as rather politically naive and doing himself no favours at all whilst laying himself open to the accusation "they are all the same".
I don't understand the security issue argument. He has a full time security team anyway so that is not an extra cost and he is not on the terraces, he will be in expensive seats with other wealthy individuals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here