Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour Party Conference in Brighton, 26-30 Sept. Early discussion and ideas.

I have always assumed that a YES announcement would be made by his Civil Servants to purely coincide with the Conference.

I also wonder if Lord B is hinting that their may be a special Press Event.

Back to ideas. I suggest a continuation of the Flower campaign.

We sus out his hotel, it can only be the Grand or Metropole. And send buckets of Blue and White flowers to his room!!!!!:)

LC

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
i have an idea.

surely the temping agencies around town are currently looking for extra staff to work at the conference and maybe in its hotels (such as the Grand).
would it be possible for those of us who are students, back for the summer,l and therefore have nothing better to do (like a real job, for example) to get employed in these jobs. that way, we would have people on the inside of the events which could be very useful surely?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I wonder how much it would cost to get one of those small planes from Shoreham Airport to trail a banner from the back of it and fly up and down the seafront for and hour?

I am sure there is a company based out of shoreham Airport that does this.

If its reasonably priced I am sure we all wont mind chipping in.

Any thoughts?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
the full harris said:
i have an idea.

surely the temping agencies around town are currently looking for extra staff to work at the conference and maybe in its hotels (such as the Grand).
would it be possible for those of us who are students, back for the summer,l and therefore have nothing better to do (like a real job, for example) to get employed in these jobs. that way, we would have people on the inside of the events which could be very useful surely?

I've got an idea. It's nothing dodgy but we'll need motors and shooters.
Harris mate, I think you've been watching too many movies.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
The ONLY thing that politicians worry about is votes.

Therefore if the conference arrives without a decision (or a Falmer No) the most effective thing we can do is hit them where it hurts.

For instance, on the first day of the conference we announce that we are forming a BHA party and standing candidates in each of the Brighton and Hove seats at the next election.

I went to the Labour conference last year for work and the security is intense. No demo will get within 500 yards of the delegates entrance and will certainly not be heard inside the building. Also, there are about a thousand different pressure groups/interest groups trying to lobby people, thrust leaflets in their hands as they arrive.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
yes but they ae all loonie left and pinkoes, who give a monkeys about them.

If we mobilise, we can shut every road round the centre can't we.

Do it on the Monday and try to delay any debates.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Didn't they build a bridge directly from the hotel to the Brighton centre last time they were here so that they didn't actually have to go outside?

dave the gaffer said:
yes but they ae all loonie left and pinkoes, who give a monkeys about them.

If we mobilise, we can shut every road round the centre can't we.

Do it on the Monday and try to delay any debates.

However, all of the key delegates are housed in the Security ring of steel. It impossible to hold things up like that - remember the security was designed to stop the IRA.

Howver, the usual protest does consist of a couple of "pinkoes" or Farmers etc.

A massive march and picket incorporating at least everyone who goes Withdean. 6000 voices cannot be ignored!

Could make an impact. Espaecially just b4 the 1.00 News slot

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Maybe im missing something but surely if we protest outside, or as close to outside as we can get, it will result in publicity. The cameras will be about in force and not just the local press but the national papers / tv stations.

Anything like that will subtract from the conference it self and what they are discusing. Blair and co will not take kindly to us taking the headlines away from him, even if it is for a little while.

Oval Gull

Feb 5, 2004
80's Seagull said:
Didn't they build a bridge directly from the hotel to the Brighton centre last time they were here so that they didn't actually have to go outside?

Yep, and would probably happen again this year...

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We could blow the bridge just as fatty walks over it.???

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
crasher said:
The ONLY thing that politicians worry about is votes.

Therefore if the conference arrives without a decision (or a Falmer No) the most effective thing we can do is hit them where it hurts.

For instance, on the first day of the conference we announce that we are forming a BHA party and standing candidates in each of the Brighton and Hove seats at the next election.

I reckon this is probably the best idea so far, it worked for Charlton didn't it? Seagulls candidates in all the seats in Brighton and Hove would easily get enough votes to upset the apple cart and get the politicians shitting a brick The one thing they care about is clinging on to power. The publicity would be good too. A well oprganised demo would be good too, at least it would let Prescott and his cronies know just how many votes they would lose, and votes is what it's all about to them.

Anyone know how to set up a political party, how hard can it be?

Kent Seagull said:
and votes is what it's all about to them.

well, nationally they are more interested in publicity.

What matters is that the press know what's going on, the press see and hear the protests, etc. To some extent, Prescott only hearing about them through the press will be much, much more effective than him only hearing about them directly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here