Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Labour Party Conference in Brighton, 26-30 Sept. Early discussion and ideas.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Albion Dan said:
Well definately have an awnser by then!

Hopefully Yes we will, but its best to plan ahead just incase he does'nt.

No piont getting to the Conference with no planned demo/no leaflets/no press packs etc etc. We need whats called a "Contingency" (sp?) Plan set in pace ready if it gets that far!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Annual conference 2004
Labour's Annual Conference takes place this year at the Brighton Centre, Brighton from 26-30 September 2004.

http://www.labour.org.uk/events/

There are three ways to go here;

1) We have a yes decision before the conference
2) We have a No decision before the conference
3) We have no decision before the conference

I believe all three should be treated as individual events.

If 1) then we should hand a massive banner on the A23 somewhere simply saying "Thank you 2 Jags from BHAFC supporters". Flowers should be thrown on his car all along London Road (Diana Styleee)

If 2) All hell breaks lose! Banners on the A23 "Turn back now Prescott you fat twat you are not welcome in Brighton". Egg throwing all along London road (Diana Styleee but with eggs not flowers). I sit in on Kings road. Chanting outside etc.

if 3) A well orchastrated PEACEFUL protest is required to grab as much media attention as possible. Banner on the A23. "6 months and STILL no decision on Falmer!", "BHAFC is critically ill and the waiting list needs to come down!". A sit in outside the centre with chanting of "all we are saying, is give us a ground" leafleting etc.

Naked bodies lying outside etc...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe a link to this thread could be posted to every Labour MP just to tip them off as to the kind of reception they can expect. Cos this is SERIOUS.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
maybe we could get loads of us to get tickets, then just have a peaceful protest by all sitting in there with our brighton shirts on?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Actually it might be worth getting your eggs in the airing cupboard now!

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Tom Hark said:
Peaceful rotten egg/fruit/veg protest has been how citizens have shown their displeasure at politicians and other criminals for hundreds of years. It's definitely the way to go here. there's absolutely no excuse for this level of delay in announcing the decision. Government departments have service level agreements for individuals e.g. 'we will respond to your letter within x days' and it's been the best part of six months since the inquiry wound up. The only assumption to make if it's not announced by the start of the Conference is that it's a NO vote and they don't want the civil disturbance during Conference by announcing it in advance. If it's a YES vote then they'd bloody well better announce (or leak) the result in advance of the Conference else all albion fans MUST assume the worst and act accordingly. It's the biggest shop window we're ever going to get - it's worldwide media and news pages not sports pages - and we must make it count. f*** 'EM UP BIGTIME! :salute:

Sounds good to me.:clap2:

What do we need tickets for? ???

Complex Access to the conference complex, which is the exhibition and refreshment areas providing live TV monitoring of proceedings and to fringe meetings and receptions in secure areas.

Balcony Access to the balcony and conference complex, which is the exhibition and refreshment areas providing live TV monitoring of proceedings and to fringe meetings and receptions in secure areas. When the balcony is full, visitors with these tickets will be directed to the overflow for live relay of conference.

Fringe Access to the fringe meetings and receptions in the secure areas only.

Commercial1daycomplexA4.pdf Commercial 1 day complex application

Commercial2daybalconyA4.pdf Commercial 2 day balcony application

CommercialFullWeekComplex.pdf Commercial full week complex application

commercialfullweekbalconyA4.pdf Commercial full week balcony application

commercial_fringe.pdf Commercial fringe application

Last edited:

Grunty

Jan 16, 2004
Worthing
THE CONFERENCE IS 26th - 30th SEPTEMBER.

I really cannot believe that Presnot still would not have made up his mind by then!

But if he has not or he has turned it down i can imagine alot of fun is to be had outside the Centre.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Labour will be taking the piss if they come to Brighton in September without having made a decision.

Personally, any goodwill I may have had towards Prescott is now gone - the season is only 17 days away, we are failing to attract any decent players despite being in Div 1 because we are a club without a future, and all because we don't have a decision from that fat twat.

I won't give a f*** if he gets egged by disillusioned Albion supporters - we've been tiptoeing around keeping people sweet for long enough!

Christ, I reckon we should egg him even if it's a YES decision because he's taken too damn long!...

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Lammy said:
Annual conference 2004
Labour's Annual Conference takes place this year at the Brighton Centre, Brighton from 26-30 September 2004.

http://www.labour.org.uk/events/

There are three ways to go here;

1) We have a yes decision before the conference
2) We have a No decision before the conference
3) We have no decision before the conference

I believe all three should be treated as individual events.

If 1) then we should hand a massive banner on the A23 somewhere simply saying "Thank you 2 Jags from BHAFC supporters". Flowers should be thrown on his car all along London Road (Diana Styleee)

If 2) All hell breaks lose! Banners on the A23 "Turn back now Prescott you fat twat you are not welcome in Brighton". Egg throwing all along London road (Diana Styleee but with eggs not flowers). I sit in on Kings road. Chanting outside etc.

if 3) A well orchastrated PEACEFUL protest is required to grab as much media attention as possible. Banner on the A23. "6 months and STILL no decision on Falmer!", "BHAFC is critically ill and the waiting list needs to come down!". A sit in outside the centre with chanting of "all we are saying, is give us a ground" leafleting etc.

Naked bodies lying outside etc...

That alll seems reasonable to me. If the decision hasn't been announced, then it would be madness to do anything to jeopardise it going in Albion's favour.

If it's a 'No', then they can expect BIG protests.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
trueblue said:
If the decision hasn't been announced, then it would be madness to do anything to jeopardise it going in Albion's favour.

Disagree strongly. If it hasn't been announced by late September then there is a very strong likelihood it'll be a NO and they're keeping it under their belts until the conference is over to minimise highly embarrassing scenes. Because if it's a YES decision then Labour's fixers would undoubtedly milk the announcement at the Conference for all it's worth and emerge with their local MPs intact.

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
If any demonstration is to work we need a mass of people, at least 500 at each day. We should make as much noise as possible to disrupt the speeches. We do not want trouble, but the idea is to get our message across.

Maybe a march through the centre of town, as the delegates arrive from the train station?

Kryten

Dec 20, 2003
Here, there and every where
Ernest said:
I think someone should volunteer to sit on the top of the Clock Tower for the week wearing nothing but a 'Falmer for all' T shirt.

or someone scale the B.C before the conference, to disrupt it.

Maybe we could hand out falmer tee-shirts, stickers, badges, ribbons or whatever to the Delegates?

Brighton1

Jun 10, 2004
Newhaven
Will he tell us the result before the Labour conference? My cynical view is that if no then we wont get FalmerBecause he knows how much shit he will get down Brighton if he sais no before the conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here