• i hate gingers

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • will not vote

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Quite simply people have finally realised that, whatever we might think of Brown, the Tories have utterly failed to capitalise on the biggest disaster in financial history. Why? because everyone with any sense has realised that Dave and his gang of Public Schoolboys would have f***ed us over even more

:bla: no, they have failed to capitalise because the pain is unseen and projects into the future. people haven't been laid off widely so they dont see the impact. fortunately, company owners and workers have got together and seen the way forward was to cut pay/hours, rather than redundancies, a policy arrived at quite independently of either party. lets not play the "if" game, Labour got us here today.

and lets stop this "public school" shit. for a start most of the Labour MPs and government went to public or grammer schools and to a man and woman they all went to top Unis (ironically paid for by the state, then they pulled the ladder up). why is it that Cameron going to Eton is such an issue - do you want your PM to be educated at top school or from Hull Comp? i would love to see better alround education, but in the reality we are in today where politics has used education as a football for 50 years, that isnt realisitc. can you imagine Prescott (even if you agree with his politics) as a international statesman? Did he ever draw people from the other side across to his point of view with his debate or persona? If getting a better education wasnt important, why does everyone crave it; if everyone wants a better education why begrudge someone who was given it?

Last edited:

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
The "Irish Brigand" party slaves have gone very silent lately on this board.

Do they sense that the country will have a Labour/Libdem coalition government after the next election.

:smokin::smokin::smokin:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Slippery Cameron is not so up himself now is he? I wonder what the prize Eton boy will do when he loses the next general election. The look on his face will be fantastic.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
:bla: no, they have failed to capitalise because the pain is unseen and projects into the future. people haven't been laid off widely so they dont see the impact. fortunately, company owners and workers have got together and seen the way forward was to cut pay/hours, rather than redundancies, a policy arrived at quite independently of either party. lets not play the "if" game, Labour got us here today.

and lets stop this "public school" shit. for a start most of the Labour MPs and government went to public or grammer schools and to a man and woman they all went to top Unis (ironically paid for by the state, then they pulled the ladder up). why is it that Cameron going to Eton is such an issue - do you want your PM to be educated at top school or from Hull Comp? i would love to see better alround education, but in the reality we are in today where politics has used education as a football for 50 years, that isnt realisitc. can you imagine Prescott (even if you agree with his politics) as a international statesman? Did he ever draw people from the other side across to his point of view with his debate or persona? If getting a better education wasnt important, why does everyone crave it; if everyone wants a better education why begrudge someone who was given it?

Just for the benefit of me please enlighten me on Daves policies in relation to anything that will materially benefit anybody in this time of severe crisis?

And its not so much that Dave has recruited the Bullingdon Club into the Tory shadow Cabinet but that he seems to be ashamed of this background that makes me suspicious.

And you know what...I would actually prefer my Political leaders to have been educated at Hull comp than Eton. At least they would have some sort of grasp on issues that affect me (educated at Rock Ferry High School, Birkenhead, btw).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
where is the option for RCP?

Always been a floating voter.

This time around I will vote Conservative.

5 more years of Labour & we will become the basket case of Europe with the debts that the Labour party are inflicting on the good people of GB.

It is totally beyond me how ANYONE would want another 5 years of this corrupt government. Time for change.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm with the Hillbilly on this one. There's occasional talk of one of the Milibands being in charge of Labour, and i don't really like the sound of that, or them. The ugly one, as battlesome as he was in our fight against carbon emissions etc, has the tone of someone who guffaws a lot, and i personally never want to be an outward, smug guffawer or have one talking for me.
Sounding posh or having a certificate from a professionally-run school doesn't make you a natural leader or grant you character or give you the highest IQ.

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
The minute George Osbourne, an heir to a multi million pound fortune, said " We are all in this together" I knew the Tories hadn't changed. I remember them last time. One thing that the media wont focus on is this governments achievements, and there have been many. no-one likes the government of the day but Cameron and Osbourne? No. The caring Conservatives? Yeah right.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
can someone explain the difference between Labour and Conservatives. They both appear to be the pathetic corrupt shits they always have been.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
The minute George Osbourne, an heir to a multi million pound fortune, said " We are all in this together" I knew the Tories hadn't changed. I remember them last time. One thing that the media wont focus on is this governments achievements, and there have been many. no-one likes the government of the day but Cameron and Osbourne? No. The caring Conservatives? Yeah right.

caring Labour yeah right :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
And you know what...I would actually prefer my Political leaders to have been educated at Hull comp than Eton. At least they would have some sort of grasp on issues that affect me (educated at Rock Ferry High School, Birkenhead, btw).

you are deluded if you think any top politian grasps the issues that affect you. some might have once, in their childhood had a similar background. but after years of Oxbridge and similar insititutions, working in PR, Law, party policy think tanks, they know nothing of life in Birkenhead. but then not everyone went to Birkenhead. not everyone lives in any one sub group of society. i want leaders who may not have experienced this directly, how could they, but understand the overall picture. for that they need a solid education. its most telling that senior politians from all colours went to Oxbridge, but somehow the Bullingdon club, a dinning club ffs, is given such focus. that im afraid is the politics of envy. why dont we hear of the similar Labour groups which a half dozen current govenment members belong to be i cant even remember the name of?

hey i dont claim the toris are strong on policy, but i do find interesting the constant ad hominem attack on Cameron, his schooling, his contacts, rather than lack of policy. what is the left scared of, that his personality alone is enough? what does that say about the lefts own confidence? this is why Labour wont win, because their own support wont turn out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here