Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers- "The ultimate professional"

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1787_1242761,00.html

The former Dutch marine spent two loan spells with Pilgrims this season and is seen by Evans as the ideal man to fill their current void between the posts.

"I'd love to get Kuipers," he told the Boston Standard. "He's the ultimate professional and we still have a good relationship.

"But if I'm being honest, he's a south coast boy who can still play at a higher level and I don't know if we can offer him the right deal."

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He may well have been the ultimate professional at Boston, and Evans is bound to say that if he wants to sign him.

If the net/paper talk is true and Kuipers behaved badly when dropped then he was not the model professional for us last season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
That's one thing I don't understand about Kuipers and McGhee. Kuipers has always come across as a club man, professional and a gentleman. I think it would be difficult to fall out with him.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Unfortunately we have the "Ultimate Prat" in charge of our team who seems to like to have players that dare not have an opinion on anything.

Personally I hope Kuipers holds on, battles for a place with Henderson as McPlank should be gone by Christmas

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Jimmy Saville said:
That's one thing I don't understand about Kuipers and McGhee. Kuipers has always come across as a club man, professional and a gentleman. I think it would be difficult to fall out with him.

I think MM could start an argument with himself even if he was the only person in the room!

Hadlee

Oct 27, 2003
Southwick
Sargey said:
Unfortunately we have the "Ultimate Prat" in charge of our team who seems to like to have players that dare not have an opinion on anything.

Personally I hope Kuipers holds on, battles for a place with Henderson as McPlank should be gone by Christmas

No player likes getting dropped ! the point about Kuipers is he threw a wobbly about it and in my op acted unprofessionaly.

No Manager would put a player who had done that in the team.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Silent Bob said:
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1787_1242761,00.html

The former Dutch marine spent two loan spells with Pilgrims this season and is seen by Evans as the ideal man to fill their current void between the posts.

"I'd love to get Kuipers," he told the Boston Standard. "He's the ultimate professional and we still have a good relationship.

"But if I'm being honest, he's a south coast boy who can still play at a higher level and I don't know if we can offer him the right deal."

Evans is a very good mate of Michel's ......

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Benny Zamora said:
If Kuipers has got attitude problems beyond expressing his opinion passionately, I've got a 12 inch dong.

And all for the sake of giving a pointless French loan signing with a bad attitude of his own a game :glare:

I think that's it isn't it. Kuipers didn't rate Chaigneau and said so.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Jimmy S and Sargey sum it up for me. Kuipers is a player that has been at this club for years and has never been anything other than professional. LI and alike will say he cant hack being dropped and sitting on the bench which is absolute rubbish because he did it for a couple of season while Roberts was here.

Always a massive part of team morale and encouraging the players and crowd from the touchline (mill stad vs brizzle is a perfect example).

Kuipers felt unfairly treated by MM, players like Knight will probably fall out with most managers they play under by Kuipers doesnt have a history of having a bad attitude so it seems strange he has fallen out with MM. Whos fault is that MM's or Kuipers?

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Jimmy Saville said:

Not what I've heard. It may not be true, but I heard that he was not very popular with the majority of the other players. Who knows.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Benny Zamora said:
If Kuipers has got attitude problems beyond expressing his opinion passionately, I've got a 12 inch dong.

And all for the sake of giving a pointless French loan signing with a bad attitude of his own a game :glare:

Agreed, people forget the only reason florent got that chance was becuase he threw a wobbly previously.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Jimmy Saville said:

Well Alan Cork insisted on calling Michel by the name of Trevor because according to Cork, Michel was a girls name. Michel then bounced him of a wall a couple times until he called Michel by his proper name. But then Cork always was a prick.:lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
He may well have been the ultimate professional at Boston, and Evans is bound to say that if he wants to sign him.

If the net/paper talk is true and Kuipers behaved badly when dropped then he was not the model professional for us last season.

So all the fantastic work the FDM put in for us in our successful period over several seasons counts for nothing because he was unhappy at being dropped for that buffoon French keeper... one of MM's worst ever decisions (and that is really saying something)...

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Deportivo Seagull said:
Well Alan Cork insisted on calling Michel by the name of Trevor because according to Cork, Michel was a girls name. Michel then bounced him of a wall a couple times until he called Michel by his proper name. But then Cork always was a prick.:lolol:

I heard that story as well, quality! :lolol:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Another thing that people seem to be overlooking is that MK is apparently one of the highest paid players at the club and therefore its probably in the clubs interest financially to get rid of him rather than have him sitting on the bench.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
We are left, as so often on NSC, to our own fragile judgements on the balance of whether those involved voiced their opinions (denoting a strength of character in the dressing room that we have regularly prospered from) or went too far and acted outside of the greater good.

Given the evidence - former marine, has repeatedly stated his adoration of the good ship BHA, no previous convictions for upheaval/squabbling during several shot-stopping seasons at the club, vs baffingly unconvincing manager who has a critically blemished record of gettingonability with players, i know what my instincts tell me. Apart from "go and eat something you anorexic twat."

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Fragmented Badger said:
The guy is an absolute legend, and a QUALITY goalkeeper as well. So, he can't kick all that well, who gives a toss? He is a GOALKEEPER, not a f***ing creative midfielder. I remember him being EQUAL to Zamora in our Championship seasons, and I have no doubt he still has that form in him, providing we give him the chance to play 10 mediocre games to get back in shape before his class shows through. Unfortunately, with McGhee in charge, he will never be given the chance to do that. I still have the dream, that one day, Michel will return to his rightful place as Albion NUMBER ONE:bowdown:

Amen to that. Michel Kuipers, albion LEG END :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here