Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Testimonial

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I really think that if you call yourself a Brighton supporter and you aren't away on holiday/working etc. then you should be at this game to show some emotional and financial support to one of the heroes of our clubs' more recent years.

It's only £15 quid....... go for it!

No Comment but needless to say I won't be going to the Reading game. Chelsea is a possibility, although I dont think I'd be able to control my anger if people started booing John Terry so may not bother.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im going coz its a chance to catch up with chums, have a nose at the new seats and go into the north all for 15.00 thats beforse we even come to kuipers who has impressed me with the fact that he has been handing out flyers himaelf for his testimonial. Having also done the roar with him have to say what a gent and a testimonial is deserved.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Im going coz its a chance to catch up with chums, have a nose at the new seats and go into the north all for 15.00 thats beforse we even come to kuipers who has impressed me with the fact that he has been handing out flyers himaelf for his testimonial. Having also done the roar with him have to say what a gent and a testimonial is deserved.

I've got to say your point on The Roar about 'not many people would hand out flyers for their own testimonial' whilst not only correct was a little bit irksome.

By that I mean, he shouldn't have to. Admittedly, he had some lap-dancers / pole dancers (whatever they're called) to help him a bit, but they seemed to struggle with the whole standing still / talking / handing out flyers bit without faling over or crumbling to dust.

Still, the personal touch does no harm, and there seemed to be plenty of people delighted to see him at the County Ground.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
You've heard people use the term "school night" referring to a week night, right ?
It means he's got to get up for work the next day, so school holidays don't come into it !

Only usually in relation to actual schoolchildren.

Why people can't just use the correct words for what they mean rather than irrelevant phrases is beyond me, it would prevent situations like this. At least its not as bad as the pretentious twats who use the word "holibobs" when they mean holidays (slightly OT I know, but its a real pet hate of mine).

Thanks for clearing through the mixup though. :smile:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I, and I guess a few others, am waiting for payday (Tuesday) and also to clarify who I can take with me. Looks like one g/daughter.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Got my tickets the day they went on sale and am bloody looking forward to it, can't wait to see the new ground improvements. I hope he gets a good turn out but think a combination of the CFC game, midweek fixture and middle of holiday season will all contribute to the numbers being down. Anyone know roughly how many tickets have been sold so far?

I don't buy the 'people dont know who he is' argument. The vast majority of new STHs are returning fans / previous occasional attendees who were just not STHs at Withdean, I reckon most know who he is.

Second part of this quote exactly . Next thing is people won't know who Bobby Z was!

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
He's a fit lad in his 30's so why should he retire ? He can work for another 30 years like the rest of us and has already got a job with the club so he is hardly potless. Would have been a nice gesture if he had donated the whole of the proceeds from his testimonial to the AITC and other Albion related projects rather than just trouser it.

Apologies of course if he is already doing this and hasn't publicised it.

Totally agree I think the club are trying it on just a little bit with this one.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So would peoples thoughta chamge if it was a friendly with reading and at some point michel kuipers played a part? Remember as he said himself its not legends playing keepy uppy for 90mins but both first teams playing.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
FDM was a legend in a team which fought against the odds to give us something to cheer on the pitch when things were so desperate off it.

I reckon, like most players of his era, they signed with the promise of a new stadium being 'just a year or 2' away. He suffered all those Withdean years, must have been quite lonely with no 'north stand' behind him. Sure, he's lived local, stayed loyal and fully deserves to run out for half a game at the Amex. hopefully he'll have the north stand behind him to cheer him on.

As for what he'll make from the game, lower league players don't earn the fantastic sums that prem, Championship & Pompey players get paid. He was with us at a time when our budget was really tight. A footballers career is quite short and a job doing hospitality at the Amex is, I doubt, hardly fantastically rewarded so I think it's churlish to deny him a good 'pension pot'.

Good luck FDM, I'll be cheering you from the North.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
What a let down for a player who has given so much to the club, award him a testimonial then provide little transport to bring in those who wanted to show their appreciation.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Wiley Set for Amex Appearance --- one for the youngsters like myself.

Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Wiley Set for Amex Appearance

Michel Kuipers's testimonial against Reading just got even bigger with English rapper Wiley due to perform prior to kick-off.

The artist who currently sits at number one on the UK midweek charts, will be entertaining the crowd in what promises to be a memorable evening.

Wiley is looking in a promising position to score his first number one single this Sunday with his song Heatwave, which he will be performing at the Amex along with a selection of his other well-known tracks.

Speaking after the announcement Kuipers said, "It is going to be a fantastic event, I couldn't have wished for a better line-up for my testimonial. I am delighted to get such a high-profile artist to come down and perform for me and all the Albion fans.

"It will be a night to remember and I hope to share it with as many people from the Brighton community as possible."

Albion fans can also enjoy more music after the final whistle when Brighton based band Two Choices will be performing in Dicks Bar and don't forget to get your hands on the special limited edition pie that will be on sale.

Tickets are still available and the club are expecting a bumper crowd for the celebration of the legendary keeper's career, with prices set at £15 for adults, £12 for over-65s and just £6 for under-16s.

Tickets for Michel's testimonial are available online, via the ticketline on 0844 327 1901, or in person at the Amex or Queens Road ticket offices.

Edit : :facepalm: seen the other thread.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Any know how many tickets we have sold?

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
I am going to pick up my ticket next week,noted the £30 INCLUDING PIE & PINT,not bothered about the Chelsea game,they are not likely to field a top team and if they do they will murder us.[/QUOTE]

Oppss Wrong on both counts :) but even so Still wastnt bothered I decided to go for FDM instead of Chelski as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here