Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Testimonial

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Got my tickets this morning and asked how well they were selling...only about 6000 sold,a bit poor really.
Still,I guess they will sell like hot cakes when we announce our new signing;)

I queued 38 minutes for a hot cake in the WSL last season

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
I am going to pick up my ticket next week,noted the £30 INCLUDING PIE & PINT,not bothered about the Chelsea game,they are not likely to field a top team and if they do they will murder us.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Assuming you mean the price for Chelsea is 'disgusting', in which case how does that negatively affect this game? For me at least one of the reasons I will (probably) go to this is that I'm skipping the Chelsea game.

Because despite the Chelsea game being £30, it's massively more appealing than the Reading game. It's a Saturday, European Champions, Global superstars or a Tuesday with a team we played a couple of months ago.

If you can only afford one game of football, I would think the majority, certainly of the 14000 'new' Amex regulars, would stretch themselves for Chelsea and give Reading a swerve.

If you simply can't afford the Chelsea game, then perhaps Reading is more appealing. But it's hardly a shock that people don't want to spend £45 on a couple of pre season friendlies in the current climate.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Because despite the Chelsea game being £30, it's massively more appealing than the Reading game. It's a Saturday, European Champions, Global superstars or a Tuesday with a team we played a couple of months ago.

If you can only afford one game of football, I would think the majority, certainly of the 14000 'new' Amex regulars, would stretch themselves for Chelsea and give Reading a swerve.

If you simply can't afford the Chelsea game, then perhaps Reading is more appealing. But it's hardly a shock that people don't want to spend £45 on a couple of pre season friendlies in the current climate.
Fair point, maybe I'm overestimating the amount of people who will give Chelsea a miss. 6000 is rubbish.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

You're bloody daft, the weather's been great for nearly a week now!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i must confess that, though i want to celebrate FDM's service, the school night fixture is a problem.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
i must confess that, though i want to celebrate FDM's service, the school night fixture is a problem.

Despite it being smack bang on the middle of the school holidays ? ???

Going to this over Chelsea and trying my new seat in the North out, although there isnt many people near me so the atmosphere will probably be rather dull.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
Going to FDM testimonial & not the Chelski game. Based on Price & the fact any player who commits to a club as long as he did & at the grounds he played in, deserves to Play at our new stadium in front of a BIG crowd.

For those Criticising Michel for taking the proceeds from this, i assume they know for a fact that he has stated AITC or any other charity for that matter wont be getting a penny ??????

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Gutted to be working for both.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
but I am going to the Kuipers game. Michel is a true Albion legend

Wow that's a sweeping statement...please me why he is a legend?

It's a phrase that's used on here too loosely.

Kuipers played 246 games over 10 seasons...24 games per average per season....that's the sign of an inconsistent player not a legend.

So what did he achieve when he was playing?

Three seasons of playing over 30 matches...Of those, only one included a promotion.

I don't deny was a good servant of the club, but let's be honest the title of "Legend" is a little way off the mark.

callumpooh

May 19, 2009
Will be ordering tickets for me and the old man once I get paid - first week of the school holidays has already been expensive! Would love to go to the Chelsea game but a combination of too steep a price and prior commitments in the way; looking forward to seeing the new seats :)

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Im not going to the chelsea game, too much money for a ticket on top of season ticket, i decided to goto the Reading game instead purely because its Kuipers testimonal as he was one of my fav players at withdean and deserves a good turnout, if this wasnt a testimonal i would have gone to the chelsea game instead of Reading.
But both be good games no doubt and be good test on how far we have come.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd be going if work hadn't seen fit to send me down to Devon, the guy deserves a full house so hopefully it'll all come together.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Oh behave. I wouldn't usually respond to such an obvious wind-up but here is my impartial opinion.

- You can say 24 games a season if you like, but the reality is he spent at least two years injured so when fit he played more often than that.
- Your stat about 30 games and one promotion is just an outright lie. He played 36 matches in 2000-01 and 43 times in 2001-02. We got promotion in both those seasons.
- He also played 30 matches or more in 2004-05, 2007-08 and 2008-09, so that's five times in ten years rather than just three.
- At his best, you will not find a more spectacular goalkeeper. I've not seen a keeper get close to him in terms of match-winning saves on a regular basis.
- He was arguably the second-most important player in a team that was our first in ten years not to be utterly dog shit.
- He was a great character, hence his popularity and 'legend' status.

Not often i agree with you,but today i do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here