Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Testimonial

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
No player in this day and age deserves a testimonial unless they are doing a Niall Quinn and doing it for charity, Kuipers had a well paid career at the Albion, went onto a well paid job at Crawley and now has slipped into the old boys network at the Albion for another job. He is earning/earnt far more than the majority of Albion supporters will have done so why should we line his pockets especially in these days of austerity.

Why can't he just walk on the pitch at half time and get a round of applause like other old players do ?

No player in this day and age deserves a testimonial unless they are doing a Niall Quinn and doing it for charity, Kuipers had a well paid career at the Albion, went onto a well paid job at Crawley and now has slipped into the old boys network at the Albion for another job. He is earning/earnt far more than the majority of Albion supporters will have done so why should we line his pockets especially in these days of austerity.

Why can't he just walk on the pitch at half time and get a round of applause like other old players do ?

Absolutely, he`s a legend but does he need my money more than I do? I`ve devoted a hell of lot of time and money to the Albion over the years, would the players have a whip-round for me?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Must get my tickets for this

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

How do you define 'well-paid'? Enough to retire on?

I assume you therefore KNOW he's going to clean up on this match. Or have you had a gun stuck to your head forcing you to go?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Without knowing anything about the financial aspects of this one I agree the point.

You're supposed to be an intelligent poster, so how can you agree the point without knowing the financial aspects? Or are you assuming Ernest is right - and Michel is outrageously and undeservedly milking us for every penny - notwithstanding there's a possibilty of him hardly making a penny out of this, if anything at all?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Unlike you to get involved in a thread about Michel's testimonial, [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION].

I'm not going to the Chelsea game, but I am going to the Kuipers game. Michel is a true Albion legend and I'm looking forward to seeing him play for us again. I thought the idea of charging for mascots was true corporate ballsh*t and a complete disgrace to our "community club", but it's a one off for the purpose of generating extra funds for Michel then it's not quite so bad. I think it's a real shame his game is so overshadowed by the Chelsea fixture, but that's the direction we're going in.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I am going but for transparency, perhaps the gate receipt recipients should be published. Of course they won't but I am fairly sure that the attendance would be higher if the money was definitely going, or a large portion to AITC, a charity which will now be supporting FDM.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
How do you define 'well-paid'? Enough to retire on?

I assume you therefore KNOW he's going to clean up on this match. Or have you had a gun stuck to your head forcing you to go?

He's a fit lad in his 30's so why should he retire ? He can work for another 30 years like the rest of us and has already got a job with the club so he is hardly potless. Would have been a nice gesture if he had donated the whole of the proceeds from his testimonial to the AITC and other Albion related projects rather than just trouser it.

Apologies of course if he is already doing this and hasn't publicised it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's a fit lad in his 30's so why should he retire ? He can work for another 30 years like the rest of us and has already got a job with the club so he is hardly potless. Would have been a nice gesture if he had donated the whole of the proceeds from his testimonial to the AITC and other Albion related projects rather than just trouser it.

Apologies of course if he is already doing this and hasn't publicised it.

''Trousering it'' makes it sound as if he is doing something shifty ......i am going ..pricing seems fair..looking forward to a pleasant night out before the real stuff begins

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I am going but for transparency, perhaps the gate receipt recipients should be published. Of course they won't but I am fairly sure that the attendance would be higher if the money was definitely going, or a large portion to AITC, a charity which will now be supporting FDM.

how much higher? Not much in my opinion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really think that if you call yourself a Brighton supporter and you aren't away on holiday/working etc. then you should be at this game to show some emotional and financial support to one of the heroes of our clubs' more recent years.

It's only £15 quid....... go for it!

I don't totally agree with the idea of testimonials though.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Got my tickets this morning and asked how well they were selling...only about 6000 sold,a bit poor really.
Still,I guess they will sell like hot cakes when we announce our new signing;)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Because the club have arranged a friendly 4 days before against massively more attractive opposition...and decided to charge absolutely disgusting prices for it.
Assuming you mean the price for Chelsea is 'disgusting', in which case how does that negatively affect this game? For me at least one of the reasons I will (probably) go to this is that I'm skipping the Chelsea game.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
''Trousering it'' makes it sound as if he is doing something shifty ......i am going ..pricing seems fair..looking forward to a pleasant night out before the real stuff begins

Is Kuipers really so skint he has to take the proceeds of the testimonial instead of donating it to AITC ? So yes a bit shifty, or maybe it is a Dutch thing that they look after themselves and not others less fortunate ?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

You'd be wrong...

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Is Kuipers really so skint he has to take the proceeds of the testimonial instead of donating it to AITC ? So yes a bit shifty, or maybe it is a Dutch thing that they look after themselves and not others less fortunate ?

How many annual bonuses have you donated straight to charity? Me = 0

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here