Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Testimonial: Tickets on Sale July 1st

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I really hope Michel gets the big crowd he deserves. It'll be awful if there are banks of empty seats.

So do I but how many of the 20k who attend regularly actually saw him play more than a couple of times and care? 8-10,0000?

I'l be very surprised if the place is more than half full, but I'll definitely be there.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
The main reason why i can't get excited about Reading is that we have only played them in April, even someone like Fulham or QPR would have been alittle more exciting...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
WSU and ESU shut for this one?

I would think so , this would reduce costs on unnecessary staff/catering/electricity etc. I think the testimonial committee have ballsed up on the choice of opposition and could have got a much bigger crowd playing against Crawley with the 2012/13 first team squad playing the 1st half and an Albion All Stars Xl playing the 2nd half.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I would imagine the Reading fans are even more thrilled with the choice of us as a pre-season friendly and testing themselves against mid-table Championship opposition.

I'll be there. Looking forward to it.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
As well as a chance to acknowledge his fantastic contribution to the club by August my football/Amex addiction will seriously need filling so what better way to spend a Tuesday night than with pie,pint and bit of footy

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Has this all been sanctioned by the Large One ?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Oh. Forget that then :lolol:

I was thinking of something like a 100m final, or the cycling or swimming events that involve our likely medal-winning athletes. I'll be honest here, I'd rather watch Mark Cavendish or Tom Daley or Rebecca Adlington win gold for free, from the comfort of my own home, than pay to see a meaningless pre-season friendly between the Albion and a dull Premier League side.

I accept that probably puts me in a minority here, but I'm prepared to take the flak :D

in all fairness tho' edna, it's not a "meaningless friendly" is it?
it's a chance to show some respect to a good man who loves the albion, put up with the withdean years, and wasn't a bad keeper for the club.
i'll be there

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I'll be there, shame they couldn't get a BIG club in for FDM though. Hospitality packages start from £30? What EXACTLY do you get for that? I'm tempted.

To celebrate Michel's testimonial the club have created some fantastic hospitality packages, which will be hosted in the 1901 Club platinum lounges. Please see details below of how to upgrade your matchday experience.

Premier Plus package includes:

1901 Club seat in the lower west stand
Two-course meal with coffee and chocolates served prior to the match
Guest appearance from Michel Kuipers and other football legends
Lounge host
Matchday programme
Price £50 (inc VAT) per person

Premier package includes:
1901 Club seat in the middle tier of the west stand
Piglet's Pantry pie and a pint of draught beer on arrival
Guest appearance from Michel Kuipers and other football legends
Lounge host
Matchday programme
Price £30 (inc VAT) per person

To book hospitality or for more information please contact Jo Brooks or Ashleigh Woods on 01273 878 282 or email 1901clubbrighton@azure.uk.com. Please note packages must be booked before 5pm on Thursday 2nd August.

General admission tickets are due to go on sale on 1st July, and will be priced £15 for adults, £12 for over-65s and £6 for under-16s. These will be available via all the usual methods.

This is the email I was sent. I really hate the pies (sorry) so wont be going for it. Cant weit for the match though.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Brighton and Hove Albion | BHAFC Scores, News, Transfers, Fixtures

Albion legend Michel Kuipers' testimonial will take place on Tuesday 7th August, with Premier League Reading providing the opposition at the Amex.

With Albion's season due to kick off a week after the match, Gus Poyet is likely to field a full-strength side - with Kuipers expected to play a part in the match, alongside the 2012/13 squad.

Brian McDermott has also promised to bring a strong Reading side to the Amex, with their Premier League campaign starting eleven days after the testimonial.

Kuipers said, "Having been with the Albion as a player for virtually the entire time we were at Withdean, the dream for us all was to get the new stadium.

"I am proud to have been part of that journey to realise the dream, alongside the fans, and I am delighted to have the chance to play in front of the Albion fans at the Amex.

"I would like to thank Gus Poyet. The game is an important part of the pre-season build up, so I am grateful that he is giving me the opportunity to play for the club again!

"I would also like to thank Brian McDermott. He has done a great job at Reading to get them into the Premier League, and I appreciate him bringing his team down to Brighton to play.

"Thanks must also go to current chairman Tony Bloom, for granting me the opportunity to play the testimonial at the Amex, and also to his predecessor Dick Knight, who was my chairman for most of my time as a player at the club.

"Finally, a big thank you to my committee, for all their hard work and help in organising the game."

Signed by Micky Adams from Bristol Rovers in 2000, Kuipers went on to make 287 appearances for the Seagulls before leaving the club at the end of the 2009/10 season.

Kuipers was an instrumental part of the back-to-back championship-winning side in 2001 and 2002, and also helped the club to another promotion via the play-offs in 2004.

Hospitality packages will be available from Monday 18th June, with prices starting at £30. For more information please call Jo Brookes or Ashleigh Woods on 01273 878282.

General admission tickets are due to go on sale on 1st July, and will be priced £15 for adults, £12 for over-65s and £6 for under-16s. These will be available via all the usual methods.

I will be there, shame it`s not against Palace though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here