Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers Testimonial: Tickets on Sale July 1st

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Slightly disappointed by the opposition, but I'll be there.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
If it was opposition SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of a testimonial, I would also be disappointed.

However I see this more as a vital pre-season test and Reading are an EXCELLENT team to play in that scenario.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Reading as a football club do not excite. During the wihdean years, they had a nice stadium and prem football and I only had to travel for 10 mins to see them. But I prefered to spend a couple of hours getting to the Withdean to watch Brighton.

Saying that I will try and make this game for the FDM, he was one of my fav players during the time he was with us. I also want to see the new stand.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I'll certainly go to the Reading game. An opportunity to see the expanded Amex and give support to the LEGEND that is Kuipers can't be missed.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My initial GUESS is probably that 10,000 is a decent target.

I would expect that sort of figure as well.

If our first League game is away that might put a few extra on the gate for those desperate to see a live game at the Amex.

Pricewise, to draw in those who don't automatically jump at every chance to see a game I would have gone for,

£8 Adults
£5 Seniors
£2 Under 16's

I'm not in marketing so maybe my figures wouldn't cover costs etc etc!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This would have literally been more relevant then playing Reading.

But not as sensible a test before the new season starts.

Yes I LOVE Kuipers. But the week before a new season I want my home friendly to be DIFFICULT yet competetive. Reading almost falls perfectly into the kind of team we would want to play.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Because the break even crowd figure is in the region of 12,000 for a normal ticket price. Very unlikely they'll make any money when charging £15. If they were to charge £28+ there's no way there'd be 12,000 there (not that Michel doesn't deserve it, as he does.

Unfortunately I can't think of a team I'd have less interest in seeing us play. Would rather we were playing Yeovil or Morecambe!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
I'll be there, want to sit in my seat ASAP!! I shall also be going to the Worthing v Brighton game, having had quite a bit of involvement with Worthing last season. That game should be a good night.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here