Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers not offered contract

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Gutted for him as he is Brighton through and through and I would have loved to see him playing on for the club, even if only back up.

However i was expecting this as i heard weeks ago that Poyet is after a new number 1 keeper, lets hope we don't regret this and end up with someone more like Graeme Smith than FDM. A true Albion legend.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Slightly saddened that he will not get to play at Falmer he has earned it, hope he still gets his testimonial so we get to say goodbye properly. We will always love you big fella, good luck whatever you decide to do!

Well said.

The man is an Albion legend and I hope we do get a chance to properly show our appreciation for his efforts over the last 10 years.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I'm gutted about Michel not playing especially as next season is his testimonial. Hopefully he'll still get one. Been a fantastic servant to the club. I'll miss seeing him in Costa Coffee in South Road.

So many brilliant saves to cherish although there were a few 'David James on crack' moments. Best of luck for the future Michel.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He has been a good servant and deserves recognition for that but it was the right decision. If there is a job at the club that suits his skills I hope he gets it.

Mr Poyet is not entirely a very godo manager he is also ruthless when the decision has to be made. Not all managers can do that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
FDM will be an asset to the club in whatever role he is offered. Oh, and this charming man is owed a testimonial year or as a minimum a VERY high profile tstimonial match - ideally at Falmer.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
:clap2::clap2::clap2: :dance: :mexican:

Obviously i'm glad he won't be playing for us anymore as I never rated him as a player but I don't understand why we are offering him a non playing position. What will he be doing, surely we cant be thinking of making him a coach.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've seen a few keepers in my time. Michel may not have been the best but, without doubt is my FAV of all the keepers i have seen All the best & much love to the Big Fella.

I hope he gets his game at Falmer, a testimonial against a top dutch side would be a great opener for falmer.

Without that, I hope there's a legends game to give a chance to all those who have served us well at gillingham & Withers but for whom Falmer came too late.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:US: Play for Whitehawk? Of course not. Port Vale are in need of an experienced goalkeeper.

What and have to move to Burslem or nearby when he can stay in his house in Haywards Heath and supplement his part time earnings at BHA with playing for Whitehawk and possibly being their GK coach. Apparently Whitehawk pay good money each week.

Oct 25, 2003
What and have to move to Burslem or nearby when he can stay in his house in Haywards Heath and supplement his part time earnings at BHA with playing for Whitehawk and possibly being their GK coach. Apparently Whitehawk pay good money each week.

they pay good money by county league standards!

he could get a job in league 2 or the conference easy, perhaps even league 1

plenty of teams he could travel to from haywards heath

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is if he wants to play full time still as BHA haver offered him a part time non playing job so perhaps he will look at conference or similar. Dont expect him to want to move at this stage of his working/playing life.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I can't imagine Michel will be ready to hang up his gloves just yet. And he's no reason to drop so low as Whitehawk, that was a throw away comment in my opinion. He's capable of playing in League 1 next season, maybe Russell Slade at Orient would be interested in this news? Micky Adams certainly would be, and I can't imagine that a move up north would be that much of a problem, if Michel wants to continue his career. I hope he does want to, and I hope he does go to Port Vale. A good club on the rise, but in need of a good goalkeeper.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Why is Kuipers so special that he should get a testimonial at Falmer?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here