Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers not offered contract

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Agreed. I still think it would be in Harty's interests to leave and actually PLAY somewhere else, though.

I guess it could be argued Hart would do a job in League 2 - but they can't offer jobs to Carpenter, Cullip, Watson and NOT to Hart though, surely? Let's face it, we're going to need a shit load more staff at the new stadium. Would have thought a Monday to Friday job which allows Hart and Kuipers to play non-league at weekends would have suited them nicely.

Does Mayo have a job with the club?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:bigwave:

Farewell Michel, thanks for the memories.

Gus must be looking to bring in at least one keeper in the summer, exiting times.

:yahoo:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I guess it could be argued Hart would do a job in League 2 - but they can't offer jobs to Carpenter, Cullip, Watson and NOT to Hart though, surely? Let's face it, we're going to need a shit load more staff at the new stadium. Would have thought a Monday to Friday job which allows Hart and Kuipers to play non-league at weekends would have suited them nicely.

Does Mayo have a job with the club?

They could alway promise a job for when he wants it a couple of years down the line.

Right now he should be getting fixed up at Aldershot, or somewhere. He's too young to be wasting another year arsing around. I know you think I just want rid, cos you think I hate the bloke, but I GENUINELY think it would be in HIS best interests.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Slightly saddened that he will not get to play at Falmer he has earned it, hope he still gets his testimonial so we get to say goodbye properly. We will always love you big fella, good luck whatever you decide to do!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I guess it could be argued Hart would do a job in League 2 - but they can't offer jobs to Carpenter, Cullip, Watson and NOT to Hart though, surely?

Of course they can. Any business only offers people jobs when they have vacancies. The club can't be expected to spend money they can ill afford creating jobs out of nothing simply to keep happy a few blokes who must have known for months their time was up and should have planned accordingly.

I've nothing against Gary Hart, or Kuipers for that matter, but we do seem to have had a bit of a culture in recent years of creating jobs for life for some fairly average players, largely on the back of a couple of promotions in the early 21st century.

If they're the best in the business at any given role, fair enough, if not, well personally I'd rather say thanks for the memories, but see you around, and we'll get in the man who's most suited for the role. Harsh, but fair, I think. I want us to progress, not become a retirement home by the sea for every player who ever played a part in Micky Adams' success story.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Thanks for everything you have done for the club Michel but I think this is the right decision. Will be interesting to see whether Gus gets a backup for Brezovan or brings in a new number one.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Michel is still in fantastic shape and clearly understands fitness and healthy diet etc, maybe he's going to be involved in that side of things. Very sad that we won't hear him shouting away at defenders at Falmer. He's been a great player for us over many seasons, who'd have thought this would be happening 10 years after being subbed at half time against Southend.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Slightly saddened that he will not get to play at Falmer he has earned it, hope he still gets his testimonial so we get to say goodbye properly. We will always love you big fella, good luck whatever you decide to do!

Beautifully put Mr C, & heartily endorsed by yours truely. :clap:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have to say I am relieved.
It would have been the cheaper and easier option to have kept him but not without its perils - his style is so different to Brez and makes adapting much more difficult for defenders.
Brave decision.

I agree he should not be a goalkeeping coach but from the wording I don't think that will have been the offer.

I'm sure he will have no problem getting fixed up if he wants to move on and keep playing or he could decide to retire into whatever role the club have in mind and take his testimonial

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
His boy plays for the Junior seagulls and he was coaching them last Sunday during the dad's tornament. Could see him in that sort of role!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here