Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"kuipers is the worst keeper I've ever seen play for the Albion"

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Oh bloody CHEERS for that. You've just made me spill tea on my keyboard.

Do you not remember HENDERSON at all??
-

Sorry about that - hope your keyboard is better! Of course I remember Henderson, so I didn't express myself very well did I? I thought Henderson was very unfairly criticised too.

Seems views on keepers are very polarised. I suppose what I was getting at was how extreme some views are and some people seem to have an agenda which makes them blind to the good qualities and all too eager to exaggerate the faults. And, I agree, you could apply that equally to FDM or Hendo.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i want to know why kuipers didnt get BOOED off against northampton and greeted with chants of "wanker wanker wanker" for costing us a last minute goal

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
i want to know why kuipers didnt get BOOED off against northampton and greeted with chants of "wanker wanker wanker" for costing us a last minute goal

Hopefully because those who might have liked to had learnt from the mindless childish abuse that Henderson got for doing the same and what happened after that.

I had a slight preference for FDM but didn't mind who played because I believed we had two decent keepers who were roughly level in standard. It was a good postion for the club to be in. Then we lost one of them because of these ignorant morons. I hope they're proud of themselves.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
Hopefully because those who might have liked to had learnt from the mindless childish abuse that Henderson got for doing the same and what happened after that.

I had a slight preference for FDM but didn't mind who played because I believed we had two decent keepers who were roughly level in standard. It was a good postion for the club to be in. Then we lost one of them because of these ignorant morons. I hope they're proud of themselves.

I agree with this we had two good goal keepers who had different attributes. I voted for Kuipers for player of the season last season as i feel he was one of the big factors to where we finished in the league as he bailed us out so many times.

Do you remember the bournemouth away when he got so much abuse with a mistake (Henderson that is)

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
More than 200 games for the club, on which you can count the stinkers on one hand?

Several saves in the match which saved almost certain goals?

Being our best player for the whole season to date?

More than 8 years of passion for the club and a rapport with the fans that is beaten by no other player?

I could go on.....

Henderson was only here for a year, maybe if he was given more time and more of a chance then you would be naming his best moments? Michel has had plenty of shit games, more than a hand full. This is a reason why Coppell and McGhee both chose Roberts ahead of him and why McGhee and Wilkins both chose Henderson ahead of him.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Henderson was only here for a year, maybe if he was given more time and more of a chance then you would be naming his best moments? Michel has had plenty of shit games, more than a hand full. This is a reason why Coppell and McGhee both chose Roberts ahead of him and why McGhee and Wilkins both chose Henderson ahead of him.

To be fair Coppell had Kuipers as his first choice keeper until Kuipers ripped his shoulder to bits at Norwich in 2002.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
What about the first part of the play off season?

In fairness at one stage it was a case of which one of him or Roberts was fit enough to play. But after Kuipers wrote his car off, he was injured for a while and Roberts form during that period meant that Roberts was first choice by the time Kuipers was fit.

Also during the 2004/05 season Kuipers was first choice until he managed to injury himself against Forest in early 2005. After that injury our form did nose dive and we ended up in a relegation scrap that we had spent most of the season, up to that point avoiding. In many ways, around that Forest game the rot started to set in for McGhee and using 4 different keepers for the final third of the season can not have helped.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
To be fair Coppell had Kuipers as his first choice keeper until Kuipers ripped his shoulder to bits at Norwich in 2002.

Kuipers shoulder injury occurred in a home game against Forest in early 2005? I was at the game and there were farcical scenes as he tried to stay on despite not being able to stand up properly. He went to Boston on loan to help fitness during his recovery from that injury.

BBC say the injury against Norwich was a long standing thigh injury that forced him off. BBC SPORT | Football | FA Cup | Norwich ease past Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here