Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"kuipers is the worst keeper I've ever seen play for the Albion"

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I was on the bus on the way back from town. I was slagging him off but it wasn't me as I didn't say that.

I did say that he was an awful keeper and shouldn't be playing league football but I didn't say he was the worst ever - we did have Nicky Rust after all.

Tonight though he was embarrassingly bad until the penalty shoot out.

What the hell was he doing for their 1st goal? It would have been laughable had it been any other teams keeper. Also is the failed dutch marine the only person in the ground that can see the 100 foot net he has to clear every time he kicks the bloody ball !!

Oh dear :nono:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
More than 200 games for the club, on which you can count the stinkers on one hand?

count the stinkers on one hand?!

southend away - subbed half time
hartlepool home - dropped one in his own goal
luton away - all he did was pick the ball out of the net three times
sheffield united away - didnt make one save, and had the nerve to blame lynch in his third game for a goal when he gave the ball away
peterborough away - mcghees first game, at fault for one goal, arguably both

theres one hand done, and that is in two minutes off the top of my head

kuipers is a good enough keeper at this level, but there is a reason why managers have seen reason to start other keepers ahead of him - adams with cartwright, coppell with roberts, mcghee with roberts and henderson, wilkins with henderson and then flinders

its just a shame that some fans hero worshipping of kuipers means that they have a complete brain bypass and cannot recognise a better keeper when he comes along

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
I have to say some people do go over the top about michel,yes he has been a good servent over the years but he had made plenty of mistakes along the way and just because he has had a goood month shouldnt guarantee him the keeper spot for the rest of the season,the sooner we bring some competition in for him the better if only to keep him on his toes

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that with a club like ours, struggling financially, it is a question of priorities and much as I would love to have a keeper come in and offer competition to Kuipers, because it can only be good for the club, I do not class that as a first priority at the moment. I think that there are more serious issues to sort out first, like: Virgo's best position, Hawkins fitness and lack of cover for the 2 strikers. Until those are properly sorted Kuipers will do.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I agree entirely and I was a keeper and a keeping coach too! I know they are only in a minority but I get very annoyed with those on here who seem to delight in his mistakes and invent a mistake when there hasn't been one. I sometimes think that if another keeper were in the team and made exactly the same mistakes, he wouldn't get anywhere near the same amount of criticism.

The problem with him needing a rest is that successive managers have obviously not had enough confidence in Sullivan.

Great to see another member of the fraternity! :) I agree Hendo was treated terribly badly and Kuipers has been shot unfairly a few times although I think it is also balanced by the exaggerated idolisation of the man. To be honest goalkeepers alsways get slammed for makign mistakes and Kuipers has a strong set of suporters so I think he's quite safe at the club. Both side of the Kuipers divide need a dose of reality however. I don't think we'll get another loan keepr in as we can't have that many more loans. So either Sulivan needs to be given a chance or we blindly hope that a rainy day doesn't come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here