Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"kuipers is the worst keeper I've ever seen play for the Albion"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I was on the bus on the way back from town. I was slagging him off but it wasn't me as I didn't say that.

I did say that he was an awful keeper and shouldn't be playing league football but I didn't say he was the worst ever - we did have Nicky Rust after all.

Tonight though he was embarrassingly bad until the penalty shoot out.

What the hell was he doing for their 1st goal? It would have been laughable had it been any other teams keeper. Also is the failed dutch marine the only person in the ground that can see the 100 foot net he has to clear every time he kicks the bloody ball !!

So that was you - I had my suspicions it might be you. At least now I know what you look like. :sick:

Your tedious diatribes on the bus did have everyone who heard it cringing with embarrassment.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
So that was you - I had my suspicions it might be you. At least now I know what you look like. :sick:

Your tedious diatribes on the bus did have everyone who heard it cringing with embarrassment.

Apart from the majority that agreed I think you mean.

Take those blinkers off and see Kuipers for what he is - a liability the majority of the time.

Saying that I'll give him his due when he does something well and his two penalty saves tonight were good stops. The one in normal time was a bit of a disaster though, Boyd hit it well but after getting a very good touch to it he should have at least stopped it going behind him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Apart from the majority that agreed I think you mean.

Take those blinkers off and see Kuipers for what he is - a liability the majority of the time.

Saying that I'll give him his due when he does something well and his two penalty saves tonight were good stops. The one in normal time was a bit of a disaster though, Boyd hit it well but after getting a very good touch to it he should have at least stopped it going behind him.

Grow up.

The majority? You mean those people too gracious and courteous not to tell you to shut the f*** up for being embarrassing and tedious? i.e. the majority of the bottom deck having to listen to your self-indulgent bollocks.

It's you who's blinkered.

Don't bother responding - I really don't care.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To be fair, he had a MARE with the in-game penalty, and was out of position for the goal.

having just watched the action on SSN, I'd say you're right about the goal, but wholly unfair on the penalty. He was very unlucky with that. He had already committed the other way, and still got a strong hand up to it, but the pace of the strike meant it came down over the line. Would have been a brilliant save.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
He's been excllent up until the last three games.. post Man-city he's been to blame for at least three gaols and has been criticised for not commanding his area. There's nothing bad about this. Every keeper has a drop in form... the problem for us is that while we continue to ignore Sully and don't get someone else in we have no Plan B. Right now... I think another bad game should see Kuipers taken out of the limelight for a game or two... but to be repalced by who?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
To be fair, he had a MARE with the in-game penalty, and was out of position for the goal.

That said, he saved a penalty which won us the game, albeit fortuitously, but you can't really argue with that.

Just shows one shouldn't believe everything that gets reported on here. I believed what you said about the in-game penalty but have just seen it on SSN.

There is no way that was a 'mare'. It was a very good save that unluckily spun back. He had no chance of getting back.

It also shows that being at a game doesn't always give you the best view. I thought that Cheltenham's first goal on Saturday was a very bad error from FDM. When I saw it on TV I completely changed my mind.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Deary me, anyone who thinks Kuipers is the worst keeper to play for the Albion obviously never saw Raami Shaban.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Not seen the in game pen on SSN yet, but from where I was he did well to get anything on it and unlucky that it dropped in.
He was IMO clearly at fault for their first though, having seen him practicing crosses with Crichton (or whatever his name is) pre game I was amazed that he stayed rooted to his line and didn't come and take the ball in flight.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Kuipers is possibly the biggest legend ever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe the person who said this has only been an Albion fan since the beginning of last season, in which case he's right. What he forgot to add was that he's also the best Albion keeper he's seen :lol:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He's been excllent up until the last three games.. post Man-city he's been to blame for at least three gaols and has been criticised for not commanding his area. There's nothing bad about this. Every keeper has a drop in form... the problem for us is that while we continue to ignore Sully and don't get someone else in we have no Plan B. Right now... I think another bad game should see Kuipers taken out of the limelight for a game or two... but to be repalced by who?

I don't think FDM makes any more mistakes than anyone else in the team and far fewer than a lot of them. If he didn't make any mistakes he wouldn't be slumming it in the third division with us would he?

I agree about the back-up though. Neither Wilkins nor Adams has seen fit to bring Sullivan in, so even with FDM's occasional errors, (or being the worst keeper ever to play for the Albion!!!), it seems that he is considered to be inferior.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I don't think FDM makes any more mistakes than anyone else in the team and far fewer than a lot of them. If he didn't make any mistakes he wouldn't be slumming it in the third division with us would he?

I agree about the back-up though. Neither Wilkins nor Adams has seen fit to bring Sullivan in, so even with FDM's occasional errors, (or being the worst keeper ever to play for the Albion!!!), it seems that he is considered to be inferior.

The porblem with a keeper, and being a keeper I can say this, is that when they make mistakes their directly cost goals. Therefore a keeper MUST make less mistakes than othe rplayers on the field. Hes not the worst keeper to play for the albion.. hes a pretty good keeper for this division but ALL keepers get dropped from time to time because of a dip in form. After a great spell his form is dipping.. he MİGHT need a rest... anyone who expects him to be on form ALL THE TIME is living in dreamland.... everyone gets dropped.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
The porblem with a keeper, and being a keeper I can say this, is that when they make mistakes their directly cost goals. Therefore a keeper MUST make less mistakes than othe rplayers on the field. Hes not the worst keeper to play for the albion.. hes a pretty good keeper for this division but ALL keepers get dropped from time to time because of a dip in form. After a great spell his form is dipping.. he MİGHT need a rest... anyone who expects him to be on form ALL THE TIME is living in dreamland.... everyone gets dropped.

I agree entirely and I was a keeper and a keeping coach too! I know they are only in a minority but I get very annoyed with those on here who seem to delight in his mistakes and invent a mistake when there hasn't been one. I sometimes think that if another keeper were in the team and made exactly the same mistakes, he wouldn't get anywhere near the same amount of criticism.

The problem with him needing a rest is that successive managers have obviously not had enough confidence in Sullivan.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
For my money FDM is a star, he's saved us far more times than he's let us down, one or two mistakes can blind us from the countless times he's brought out wonder saves to keep us in games. And he's loyal to this club and our fans. He is a legend. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I feel sorry for the keeper that eventually does have to replace Kuipers. Will he be hounded out like Henderson was?

All the time Kuipers is at the club, yes. Shame really as Henderson was only a young keeper and was always going to make a mistake here and there. Top quality keeper when on form though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I sometimes think that if another keeper were in the team and made exactly the same mistakes, he wouldn't get anywhere near the same amount of criticism.

Oh bloody CHEERS for that. You've just made me spill tea on my keyboard.

Do you not remember HENDERSON at all??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
OK

Whatever :tosser:

Chez, play fair, Kuipers is leading the Player of the Month poll for October by a country mile. You are definitely in the minority.

I voted for Murray btw if you want to know where my bias lies (or doesn't). Generally a good keeper and fantastic servant to the club. Would be gutted for him if he never got to play at Falmer.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here