Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers doubt for tomorrow?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I'll play... I do a bit of rugby, so my catching is good. I recon collecting a corner can't be too dissimilar to challenging for a lineout.

Also I have a good vocabulary of swear words, which should come in useful when bossing about the defence. I don't cost much (£10/hour) and I am even willing to sing kareoke for the half-time show.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I'll play... I do a bit of rugby, so my catching is good. I recon collecting a corner can't be too dissimilar to challenging for a lineout.

Also I have a good vocabulary of swear words, which should come in useful when bossing about the defence. I don't cost much (£10/hour) and I am even willing to sing kareoke for the half-time show.

Sold! :lolol:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I have no idea if Sullivan is any good (Badfan doesn't do the stiffs) but he must have earned the right to a chance, otherwise God knows how they will get him out of bed in the mornings.

You only earn the right to a chance in the first team if you're good enough to take that place. No manager should experiment with a player just to see if he's OK or not.

The fact that neither Wilkins nor Adams has chosen to play him is significant in my view.

There are hundreds of players who give 100% but never get further than the reserves. And they get out of bed in the morning because there's always hope. Doesn't mean they're good enough. That's life in pro football.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
cant see how anyone can acess from warm ups,sully has played consistantly well in the reserves as i watched alot of reserve games at worthing,and as a local lad busting to prove himself ,i would hope,no i know he would give 100%,something in imo that has been lacking.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
You only earn the right to a chance in the first team if you're good enough to take that place. No manager should experiment with a player just to see if he's OK or not.

The fact that neither Wilkins nor Adams has chosen to play him is significant in my view.

There are hundreds of players who give 100% but never get further than the reserves. And they get out of bed in the morning because there's always hope. Doesn't mean they're good enough. That's life in pro football.
i understand what your saying,but why waste a lads talent,if they dont rate him,get rid

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Play Sullivan.

I hate to disagree Brett but you can't judge a keeper on the warm up.

If he is good enough to be in the squad then the coaching staff must be seeing enough good things during training.

As I said it was only in warm upa, but he dosent get near any of them, even the spooner shots go in. So to me it is slightly worrying. Watch tomorrows warm up! But it looks far worse when you are situated directly behind the goal.

In the stiffs he is the same, shot stopping is not his best attribute!!

We had to give him a contract as he was capped by England Under 19s and had Everton sniffing round him and Richard Martin. We couldnt keep both, so we got rid of one. Winterton didnt make the cut, and I havent seen Pelling play yet

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Sullivan has to start and we need to concentrate solely on a striker. Sullivan isn't a skinny 14 year old kid. He is nearly 21 , built well , has played international....all be it U18. Surely a good keeper is a good keeper.

If he doesnt start then we may as well get rid as what's the point

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
If we get a loan striker in surely we can't get a goalkeeper in. I thought there was a limit to the number of loian players a team can have. Is it five?

I would play Sullivan. Who knows he might be a revelation and keep his place for the rest of the season. By all accounts Adams doesn't like FDM much anyway.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that the limit on the number of loans has been lifted but you can only play, I think its 5 in a match. If this is correct and we sign a striker and a keeper to play then 1 of Savage, Richards, Ayinsah or Thornton cannot be named in the squad

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I'm not sure about Sullivan, he doesn't seem to be popular with managers and at the current time I'm not sure it's a good idea to throw a rookie keeper in.

I'm also not sure why people are so obsessed with having cover for Kuipers. To have a keeper we can rely on means someone who commands a decent wage, and considering you are always allowed to loan a keeper (emergency loan if not normal loan) and there usually seems to be plenty of reserve keepers knocking around, I don't see why we need the drain on the wage bill.

What's Mark Bunn doing at the moment?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
For me keepers take longer to make the step up into the first team. Sullivan could turn into a good keeper in 2-3 years time and I think this is what the coaching staff think. Only a few young goalkeepers break through early such as Hart for Man City.

So to put him in the firing line against a top team for his debut is not a good idea.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
For me keepers take longer to make the step up into the first team. Sullivan could turn into a good keeper in 2-3 years time and I think this is what the coaching staff think. Only a few young goalkeepers break through early such as Hart for Man City.

So to put him in the firing line against a top team for his debut is not a good idea.

Is the right answer !!

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
How bad can Sullivan be? If he is good enough to get a contract at the Albion, he should be trusted if called upon. Paying a loanee to step in for 1 or 2 games sends out the wrong message to Sullivan.

Play him and I'm sure he'll suprise a few...

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton

Good point. What I want to know is why we didn't play Sullivan against Leyton Orient in the JPT?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Good point. What I want to know is why we didn't play Sullivan against Leyton Orient in the JPT?

Progressing through the Paint Pot is much more important than giving Sullivan 90 minutes between the sticks, I think.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The'big match' is more telling for a keeper. We've had promising young keepers before who have blown it on the step up and have virtually ended their careers.

Having said that, just how will you know until he plays? Other players really come on when put under the spotlight. He can't progress if the management don't have faith.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Didnt he have a mare in one of the friendlies against a non league team which gave them a goal ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here