Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kuipers doubt for tomorrow?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I have no idea if Sullivan is any good (Badfan doesn't do the stiffs) but he must have earned the right to a chance, otherwise God knows how they will get him out of bed in the mornings.

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Play Sullivan. I'm not saying he'll be good. Frankly, I haven't got a CLUE how good he'd be. But unless Michel's going to be out for WEEKS there is no point diverting valuable TIME and MONEY towards getting another keeper when we have FAR bigger problems elsewhere. It's also not fair to Sullivan to expect him to train/play in the reserves without a sniff of first team action. If he plays and has a shocker then we know we need another keeper, but until we've found that out it would be a pointless signing.

With thinking like this i think we've found our next manager in tcb
:lolol::lolol:

My prediction, which I put money on, at the start of the season was that Leicester and Peterborough will be the top 2, so I'm not writing them off! I'm just saying that ANY side in league one is pretty rubbish at the best of times. It's a shit league full of shit teams, and we shouldn't be scared of playing ANYONE. Leicester, due to the fact they're a league one side, will be mediocre. Of course, they're probably one of the best mediocre sides we'll play this season, but I don't expect this game to be the SLAYING some people think it will be.

Plus, I know they have barely lost a game all season, but they have only drawn their last three (two of which were at home) so they're not FLYING.

All I questioned was how you can class Leicester as a mediocre team based on their performance in the league so far this season (ie 25pts from 12 games).
Btw, as mediocre means "neither good no bad", what is a "best mediocre side"? A good one?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Play Sullivan.

I hate to disagree Brett but you can't judge a keeper on the warm up.

If he is good enough to be in the squad then the coaching staff must be seeing enough good things during training.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Just thinking about players who missed games or were unavailable for selection due to injury at some point this season. I can recall:

Michel Kuipers - if he misses Saturday
Adam Hinshelwood
Adam El-Abd
Steven Thomson
Nicky Forster
Kevin Thornton? Picked up a knock?
Kevin McLeod
Matthew Richards - thigh injury but played v. Leeds because he had to
David Livermore - or has he just not been selected?
Colin Hawkins
Glenn Murray

But I have a bad memory for this kind of thing - either way, I'm sure we've had more than four players out injured this season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Play Sullivan.

I hate to disagree Brett but you can't judge a keeper on the warm up.

If he is good enough to be in the squad then the coaching staff must be seeing enough good things during training.
Well maybe they see potential but doesn't mean he's ready now.

Or maybe he's just cheap.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
sully has come on leaps and bounds last 2 years,he deserves a chance,and his kicking is better than fdm,whats it gonna do to him if adams gets someone else in ffs!!!!,the worse thing is john was thinking bout going elsewhere,with wilkins in charge but when he heard adams coming back he deceided to stay,i hope he plays,im sure he wont let us down

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
and i tell you something for nothing,he will wear his shirt with pride and give his all for 90mins,unlike half the players at the mo who dont give a shite

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and i tell you something for nothing,he will wear his shirt with pride and give his all for 90mins,unlike half the players at the mo who dont give a shite

Which players who are being picked for the first team 'don't give a shite'? and how do you know?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
where is flinders?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I think Sullivan deserves his chance. Whats the point in even having him on our books if we aren't going to play him at times like this?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
actually i dont have to say who and why,thats my right to speak as i find,and going by our results and some of our displays it isnt to hard is it?rocket science that is,and with sully ,you will get a player who imo deserves a chance busting his gut for the cause,and i hope he gets the chance

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
where is flinders?

MOM for Falkirk on Saturday.

I have seen Sullivan in the reserves a few times and he has looked ok his kicking is better than FDM, his command of the 6 yd box is better than FDM, his speaking to the defence is better than FDM:

But

Is his shot stopping .......... No

Is he ready for the first team, Not sure as I would prefer him to be tried in an away game without the pressure that Will Packham had on him when he goofed. If we were playing Leicester away I would say put him in because we wouldnt expect to get anything up there but at home I think MA is right as I feel that we are capable of winning tomorrow if we can sign a striker.

Last edited:

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
MOM for Falkirk on Saturday.

I have seen Sullivan in the resrevesa few times and he has looked ok his kicking is better than FDM his command of the 6 yd box is better than FDM his speaking to the defence is better than FDM

But

Is his shot stopping No

Is he ready for the first team Not sure as I would prefer him to be tried in an away game without the pressure that Will Packham had on him when he goofed. If we were playing leicester away I wpould say put him in because we wouldnt expect to get anything up there but at home I think MA is rioght as I feel that we are capable of winning tomorrow if we can sign a striker.

Yeah totally agree with this Brighton will be looking to get anything out the game tommorow as i cant remember us last season us getting alot from the teams that finished in the top six at home.

Its not just Adams Wilkins was never gave Sullivan a chance

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
actually i dont have to say who and why,thats my right to speak as i find,and going by our results and some of our displays it isnt to hard is it?rocket science that is,and with sully ,you will get a player who imo deserves a chance busting his gut for the cause,and i hope he gets the chance

Obviously you don't have to say... but it does rather undermine your assertion as speculation rather than based on any facts.

From what I've seen during warm-ups at Withdean, Sullivan is very enthusiatic and seems to get on well with the other players, the gaolkeeping caoch and Michel Kuipers too. As observed elsewhere, he doesn't seem to save many shots, but maybe that's part of the drill??

However, I am quite happy to leave the decision of Sullivan's readiness to the coaching staff... obviously it would be the easiest thing to put him in... but they see him day in, day out, and if they see it a necessary to get someone else in, then so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here