Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kronenberg back on

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
So does this mean that we're going to get lager versions of the Harveys stands? That would be AWESOME if true. If this happens... please please please allocate two members of staff on each booze stands, one to take cash and one to pour pour pour, especially so at half time. I have often thought that a mobile lager point selling pints rather than those horrific plastic bottles would amazing and popular. Let it be so!

Actually this could be dreamland... perhaps the mobile booze stands will sell pints of Harveys, Hop Head AND Krony!
Nope, it doesn't work at all. They had them at Fatboy Slim and rolling the barrells around causes the lager to fizz up and it was therefore taking about twenty minutes to pour each pint, each of which was about 60% head.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Well I for one don't care who/why/what the reason for the U-turn was, but I'm well pleased, with BOTH the reintroduction of Kronenborg, and the Pie/Pint deal down to £7.00

If you pay with your ST this of course becomes £6.30 net, so a good deal.

Of course, it's a shame that (1) Buying Kronenborg at mobile sellers mean no discount until card readers are introduced and (2) We can't take advantage of the Pie/Pint deal.

Anyway - that's not a huge issue - I was personally more concerned about the lack of a choice re Lager, than the cost.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Nope, it doesn't work at all. They had them at Fatboy Slim and rolling the barrells around causes the lager to fizz up and it was therefore taking about twenty minutes to pour each pint, each of which was about 60% head.

Oh. So should we expect... PLASTIC BOTTLES of Krony then? If they're selling them from mobile kiosks, and the pint thing doesn't really work, how else will they be selling them?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh. So should we expect... PLASTIC BOTTLES of Krony then? If they're selling them from mobile kiosks, and the pint thing doesn't really work, how else will they be selling them?

Good question. I'd say either they haven't thought it through, or they'll be able to sell one lot but be screwed when that runs out. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Good question. I'd say either they haven't thought it through, or they'll be able to sell one lot but be screwed when that runs out. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

Wish they could sell cans... now that would really speed up service at those kiosks.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Wish they could sell cans... now that would really speed up service at those kiosks.

It wouldn't because they'd probably have to pour the contents of a can into a plastic cup which takes ages and results in half the beer turning into head.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
The Fosters was disgusting Tuesday in ESL (nothing to do with it being Fosters just flat dirty pipe taste) but the bottled Heineken and half time was an improvement of the bottled Fosters so swings and roundabouts. At nearly £4 a pint I think the Fosters should at least taste like Fosters.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
Well done to all concerned,Im sure TLO will confirm that Elliot is a nice guy and a fan and he wants best for the club and fans alike, suspect its his head office that are the problem and some of the suits at the albion .ALBION ROAR TAKE A BOW....in a Andy Gray type voice.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
It wouldn't because they'd probably have to pour the contents of a can into a plastic cup which takes ages and results in half the beer turning into head.

I meant selling the actual can of beer, not selling a can's worth of beer in a cup. That's just daft! So that is probably the solution that Azure have gone for...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Was there a sharp decline in the amount of people purchasing the pie+pint deal at the Cardiff game from last season? Could be the reason for the incredibly quick change in price and reintroduction of kronenpiss

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well done to all concerned,Im sure TLO will confirm that Elliot is a nice guy and a fan and he wants best for the club and fans alike, suspect its his head office that are the problem and some of the suits at the albion .ALBION ROAR TAKE A BOW....in a Andy Gray type voice.

Yes, I would say that.

But I'd also say I wish he'd take part in a Fish-Slapping Dance (© 1971 - Monty Python).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Fatboy set up was beyond belief. I have never seen anything so staggeringly stupid in my life. Southern Trains dont do festival catering....but if they did......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here