Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kronenberg back on

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Just noticed only via mobile sellers which isn't so great as no pie and pint deal or season ticket discount. Barber out again!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well there were three WSL types who were a bit peeved at no kronenbourg so this is good news for them. One used to work for a brewers and his amswer to the wastage was "order less" so simple its brilliant.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I still don't get why you can't use your card at the mobile sellers? Like you can have a mobile CCard machine, you must be able to have a hand held device for taking the smartcard? Glad to hear they are listening to us. Hopefully the price will drop 30p aswell?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
2nd u-turn in a week. Is George Osborne in charge of catering now?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
This really is comical now.

As someone commented the other day, it's as though Azure have been taking inspiration from the coalition government.

If the reasons for removing Kronenburg were as geniune as stated previously (eg significant wastage), there is no way they wouldve made such a quick u-turn.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I also see that the Albion Roar has confirmed that all the price rises were decided and agreed before Paul Barber joined. Is it possible that the witch hunt against him can stop, until we know he has actually done something henious?

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
I would like to know how much extra Fosters sold was via the bottle stands due to people who couldn't be bothered to queue at the kiosk and compare sales of Fosters & Kronenberg sales from the pumps only.

This may have incorrectly influenced Azure's decision in the first place.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I cant believe that people think this is a sound business judgement. If the reasons for getting rid of it were so tenuous that they can be flipped with just one small amount of emailing then it doesnt point to quality decision making.

When Paul Barber joined (and I'm in the positive camp with regard to him), he said he would ensure people would understand the reasons behind decisions being made and they would always be in the best interests of the club. So is this Azure doing a u turn at the behest of the club or is it the club not living up to Barber's promise?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
For all the piss and wind on here when I arrived Tuesday there was a queue of people waiting for a programme and the food kiosks seemed as busy as they've ever been!

This has to rate up there with the Argus boycott!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For all the piss and wind on here when I arrived Tuesday there was a queue of people waiting for a programme and the food kiosks seemed as busy as they've ever been!

Well, who would have seen THAT coming, eh?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

This has to rate up there with the Argus boycott!

Spot on - the only real issue here is where people want something that isnt available and there isnt a suitable alternative. That is likely to lead to same purchase numbers (customers served) but less overall spend.

Alternatively there were less customers but the service speed was poor :)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Well, who would have seen THAT coming, eh?

Certainly not me! I was expecting to turn up and see programme sellers crying into mountains unsold print and large bits of tumble weed blowing through the concourses!

Guess it was because it was midweek and everyone had already read the morning papers and not had their din dins! Fingers crossed for Saturday!

Ban the bomb!

Coal not dole!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Just noticed only via mobile sellers which isn't so great as no pie and pint deal or season ticket discount. Barber out again!!!

So does this mean that we're going to get lager versions of the Harveys stands? That would be AWESOME if true. If this happens... please please please allocate two members of staff on each booze stands, one to take cash and one to pour pour pour, especially so at half time. I have often thought that a mobile lager point selling pints rather than those horrific plastic bottles would amazing and popular. Let it be so!

Actually this could be dreamland... perhaps the mobile booze stands will sell pints of Harveys, Hop Head AND Krony!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here