Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight "We tried to bring in players"

Adriodinho said:
We have around 150k for player signings and WAGES

Adrie, Currie is 32. We won't get (I wouldn't think) more than 18-months out of him. Do you really want us to blow the only transfer fund we are likely to have in about the next 12 months on this kind of short term solution?

Tbh there's probably less than that left now anyway, especially after the signings we've already made.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Dave the Gaffer said:
He said that we were spending every hour looking for players to bring in, Dean White had been scouting clubs and everyone at the club was doing their best to bring people here.

Now, either he is a liar or he is telling the truth....what do you think?

maybe people just dont want to come here

Sounds like a reprise of Mr McGhee's comments.

Course,he was a crap manager,it's said, by a boorish minority.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
sten_super said:
Adrie, Currie is 32. We won't get (I wouldn't think) more than 18-months out of him. Do you really want us to blow the only transfer fund we are likely to have in about the next 12 months on this kind of short term solution?

Tbh there's probably less than that left now anyway, especially after the signings we've already made.

Which is exactly what I was getting at.

Trigger said:
Yes, I'd find it pretty hard to believe he hasn't slept once in that time.

A good point. Wilkins OUT :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins 2007 - " maybe people don't want to come here " - OK Dean, well done mate for trying we are 1005 behind you

McGhee 2006 - " maybe people don't want to come here " - Feck off Magoo , you useless Scottish twat, you fecking liar, its because of you, now piss off and leave the club you Lardy Jocko clown

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Look lets face it...Its all a big load of bollox....

Knights lies are very boring...all this money branded about is just rubbish.

We have nothing to spend and never have had...perfect example...currie and the words small fee looked to have scared us off.....

You watch him got to millwall for 20k..then what?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Spielberg said:
Wilkins 2007 - " maybe people don't want to come here " - OK Dean, well done mate for trying we are 1005 behind you

McGhee 2006 - " maybe people don't want to come here " - Feck off Magoo , you useless Scottish twat, you fecking liar, its because of you, now piss off and leave the club you Lardy Jocko clown

give it time gareth

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
If you believe the club we've had money to spend in each of the last 3 or 4 windows, e.g 150k for the Orient/Barnet striker, fees or large wages for Dichio and Shipperley.

The reality is the only substantial outlay was wages for Gifton Noel Williams which came 3 months too late. I'd imagine if this money was available it's gone due to dwindling crowds and it's gambles like Elder and Revell we should be expecting, not proven names.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
y2dave said:
If you believe the club we've had money to spend in each of the last 3 or 4 windows, e.g 150k for the Orient/Barnet striker, fees or large wages for Dichio and Shipperley.

The reality is the only substantial outlay was wages for Gifton Noel Williams which came 3 months too late. I'd imagine if this money was available it's gone due to dwindling crowds and it's gambles like Elder and Revell we should be expecting, not proven names.

bingo

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Uncle Spielberg said:

That, is a fair point.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I find it ironic for some reason Wilkins is given every reason under the sun for the state of affairs but with McGhee in exactly the same circumstances was told " feck off Magoo you Lardy Scottish Clown "

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
.....no...its up to the board at the moment to make sure we carry on playing football at Withdean or anywhere...on dropping crowds, falling income and lower 3rd Division football

Crowds will come if you invest in the team they allways have, What incentive is there for a fan to spend money following a club if the club wont invest money in the team?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
£ 10000 in the last 12 months be fair BB :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
but if theer is no money to invest in players, how can they afford better players?

Its a catch 22 situation that we have no way of getting out of...hence we are relying on youngsters who have come through the ranks and therefore are cheap comparitively, non league players...same reason and the occasional loan, paid for in part by the fans.

This is the reality of Brighton and Hove Albion. I am convinced people do not know how close to the edge we are sailing

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
oh dear, Dave the Gaffer is one of THEM now.

Keep towing the party line Dave and you might keep your radio spot.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are in the shitter, up poo creek with no paddle, I think LDC and the near 2 year delay they will have caused is close to pushing this club over the edge into the Abyss. Any my blood boils when I think they have not been held to account for it, wheres the fecking march with 20000 Albion fans to their next cozy LDC meeting :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am shocked and suprised and dissapointed that Albion fans have not arranged this

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
dwayne said:
oh dear, Dave the Gaffer is one of THEM now.

Keep towing the party line Dave and you might keep your radio spot.

far from it as you well know. BTW its not a "radio spot" - I am not on a contract:rolleyes:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
If ever this club needed a name signing to draw back the fans it's now, always seemed to boost the club in the past but would it work at Withdean?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the last thing Harty and Daves show does is toe the party line Dwayne

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Uncle Spielberg said:
We are in the shitter, up poo creek with no paddle, I think LDC and the near 2 year delay they will have caused is close to pushing this club over the edge into the Abyss. Any my blood boils when I think they have not been held to account for it, wheres the fecking march with 20000 Albion fans to their next cozy LDC meeting :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am shocked and suprised and dissapointed that Albion fans have not arranged this

I'm with you on this US, All this softly softly approach is getting us nowhere, LDC must be sitting back laughing at us. :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here