Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight "We tried to bring in players"

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Adriodinho said:
We have around 150k for player signings and WAGES

Maybe buts that the sort of money we have to spend sinsibly. When there's a really good player ala Sidwell we tend to bid around 150k. Thats probably the most we could afford for an excellent signing. Currie would be good but it would foolish to spend our entire budget, and remember this will effect next season too, on a 32 year old. If it was at the start of the season there may be more logic to it but I cant see us pushing for the top 6 or going down so we dont want or need panic buys.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Currie signs 250 more people decide to renew as there might finally be someone who has trickery and skills worth driving to Withdean to watch

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dave the Gaffer said:
but if theer is no money to invest in players, how can they afford better players?

There allways seems to be money to invest in the community club side of things to give us a good image (and I dont for one minute believe it all comes from grants) Far too many eggs in the Falmer basket if you ask me.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
oh oh I didn't mean that I meant driving in a taxi of course :D

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Spielberg said:
Currie signs 250 more people decide to renew as there might finally be someone who has trickery and skills worth driving to Withdean to watch
Speculate to accumulate you mean? One wonders why Dicky boy hasn't thought of that.

:jester:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Play at the Theatre Royal

stars Al Pacino - sold out in every performance for 2 weeks

stars Martin Fowler from Eastenders - 60% tickets spare each performance

people pay to see talent, football is the same

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
correct

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Uncle Spielberg said:

Maybe this works in a theatre with a roof but ours is where you get soaked to the skin to watch Tier 3 football. Even the novalty factor has long since worn off with being back in Brighton.

For example, My old man wouldn't go to Withdean even if we signed Henry and Rooney up front. For him its too expensive, too exposed and nowhere to park unless he wants to get his Duke of Edinburgh award when he walks from his car parked miles away.

I can count the games on one hand that he missed when we played at the Goldstone. It will probably be the same at Falmer. I'm sure he is not alone.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Ernest said:
Sign non leaguers no one has heard of = 5000 gates

Sign Forster/Currie or similar = 6000+ gates

Spot on Ernest, I've nothing against the lads we have signed from non league but they aint going to pull in the crowds.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Spielberg said:

Yes, but talent comes expensive.

I am as frustrated as anyone, but I am coming round to the view that there is no point getting all excited about transfer windows as we are no longer players in that game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
British Bulldog said:
Spot on Ernest, I've nothing against the lads we have signed from non league but they aint going to pull in the crowds.
And Darren Currie or Nicky Forster are going to add 1000 to the gate? I somehow doubt that.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ok we can't afford Pacino but surely we could afford that gay bloke from Corrie rather than Martin Fowler, someone with a trace of talent would be nice :lolol:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Silent Bob said:
And Darren Currie or Nicky Forster are going to add 1000 to the gate? I somehow doubt that.

There's only one way to find out! I mean face facts by not signing players like those we've allready lost 1000+ off the gate.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
if we have no money , now is the time for DK to say as much , we would accept that more than the innevatable stories of just missing out on this bloke , bid accepted for this one etc etc

We are being f***ed about

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dougal said:
if we have no money , now is the time for DK to say as much , we would accept that more than the innevatable stories of just missing out on this bloke , bid accepted for this one etc etc

Exactly, You cant fool all of the people all of the time.

Mind you we wont hear nothing from him today as he'll have his mobile switched off again no doubt.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dougal said:

Exactly, You cant fool all of the people all of the time.

Mind you we wont hear nothing from him today as he'll have his mobile switched off again no doubt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here