Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight talking out of his arse

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
Been thrown out of any games recently?
Not lately,why have you,did batter a palarse fan on the reading to bristol train on the way home after the game:lolol: :lolol: poor fu--cker although very big wasn't in my league.The train carriage was rammed aswell:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Not lately,why have you,did batter a palarse fan on the reading to bristol train on the way home after the game:lolol: :lolol: poor fu--cker although very big wasn't in my league.The train carriage was rammed aswell:lolol:

So you managed two games then? Hull and Palace.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
and reading away:glare: whats the point?:D

Its more games than many albion fans:p

Is it?

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Wow - this thread's humming along nicely, isn't it? Just a small point in answer to the 'is Burnley that much richer than B&HA' question: they are averaging 5,985 more spectators for each home game. At £15 average ticket price, that £90k more per home game. 100,000 more people have watched their home games than ours this season. That's an extra £1.5 million of ticket income, let alone the money they get from corporate entertainment boxes which compare quite favourably with our double-decker portacabin. So, yes, they probably can afford to make more extravagant responses to player wage demands than we can. And they haven't got the unknown cost of a Falmer JR defence hanging over them...

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Kinky Gerbils said:
The only thing that I think Knight has got wrong is not speaking out sooner.

Anti mm but not anti knight, no way.

I'm not anti MM or DK but just wish they didn't make so many fcuk ups. It ok to make mistakes- but not ok to keep making the same ones!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
portlock seagull said:
:angry: FFS, NSC is so full of cliques it's as if Dick Knight needs to consult the message board before he makes a decision.

I'm beginning to loath NSC, when the club's not doing well it's just depressing reading and full of criticism that I'm afraid gets across to the players and club officials as "the voice of the fans".

I wonder how many fans are a) NSC registered b) regularly use it to express opinions?

MODs?!!

Too bloody right, saw the article today and could guess exactly which posters would say what.

Also on the Burnley front they are about to shell out £750,000 on Andy Gray from Sunderland so that's not much more richer than us is it Kinky?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Large One said:
They don't. You just think they do. :rolleyes:

That's the problem with gossips. People will always believe gossips instead of the boring truth.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
DJ Leon said:
What some of us do is take Knight on his word. His word (that there is some money available for the RIGHT player) is also backed up by the manager and clearly some players.

If you an provide ANY evidence whatsoever that this is not the case, then I'll listen to you. Otherwise, I'll just carry on making a RATIONAL decision based on the facts.

The evidence my friend is in the fact that we've not signed a striker despite supposedly searching for 1 since the summer.
We're meant to have offered over 100k for this Brighton fella which was surprise surprise turned down. Why can we not now afford Noel Williams?
The board are now resigned to relegation and will not do anything to try and avoid it.
We will struggle again next season with a lot of the youth team making up the numbers but the NSC DK arse lickers will be happy about that as they will see them all as "1 for the future".

Well maybe someone can inform when this future might happen because I might be a little more interested then.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Gnw is a pile of poo hence the reason the lardy jock clown is trying to sign him.Thank god in Mr Knight we have a chairman with good common sense.By the way Gerbil :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: for your comment on the north stand lickers.London Irish would still be pro MM if albion were bottom with no points,the bloke is just on a wind up

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
gerbil said:
Well maybe someone can inform when this future might happen because I might be a little more interested then.

There is no future so run along and get your mother to buy you a Palace season ticket, you won't be missed.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bhaexpress said:
There is no future so run along and get your mother to buy you a Palace season ticket, you won't be missed.

PM remember?

Tosser :salute:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Getting back to the point in hand.

The statement from McGhee says that we would need to take over his contract. That is at least 18months.

In that time he would cost:

his wages (reported as £3.5k per week). This is likley to be guaranteed. So not reduceable if we get relegated.

75 weeks at 3.5k = 260k

Many players these days have their signing on fee spread throughout the term of their contract. That could be as much as 20% of his wages extra per year (2 more payments of this)

= 100k

Any other loyalty bonuses that he may have (again - say 10%)

= 50k

That that is in excess of £400k. Quite a lot for a player who could be in Div 1 next year.

The fact that Burnley want us to take over the contract and not negotiate a new one kind of indicates that there are a lot of these hidden payments still to be made. They have promised him those and they want someone else to pay them.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
For anyone new to this thread, and I did read eight pages, jut read from the folloing contributors, who seem to talk an awful lot of sense.

London Irish
The Great Cornhillo
The Large One
Easy 10
Albion Rob
bhaexpress
Yorkie

We're skint. Just like what it says on our shirts. We're homeless, and forking out for lawyers like idiots thowing confetti at a wedding.

And just one question to the doubters. When you pick a job or company you work for, I presume security, and how much you can earn are big factors? Fact we are Brighton, and we can offer only hard work toil, and possibly tears.

I'm now off my soap box. Ta Ta.
:wave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
gerbil said:
PM remember?

Tosser :salute:
You have nothing constructive to add. All you can do is spout your pathetic fantasies.

It leads me to one question, if you despise the chairman, the manager and the supporters, and you disrespect the players, all of whom are busting their guts to keep this club afloat at a time when clearly all you can do is moan and whinge and peddle lies (The board are now resigned to relegation and will not do anything to try and avoid it.), why do you bother supporting the club at all? It's not as though it appears to serve you any purpose. So why do you do it?

One more question, what is an NSC DK arse licker? I believe you referred to them as 'his loyalists' earlier. Can you define what one of these is?

Clapham Old Mug said:
Wow - this thread's humming along nicely, isn't it? Just a small point in answer to the 'is Burnley that much richer than B&HA' question: they are averaging 5,985 more spectators for each home game. At £15 average ticket price, that £90k more per home game. 100,000 more people have watched their home games than ours this season. That's an extra £1.5 million of ticket income, let alone the money they get from corporate entertainment boxes which compare quite favourably with our double-decker portacabin. So, yes, they probably can afford to make more extravagant responses to player wage demands than we can. And they haven't got the unknown cost of a Falmer JR defence hanging over them...

Well said. Let's not forget also that we have far more overheads at Withdean than Burnley have, as they own their own ground, so your figures underestimate the big income gap between us and Burnley.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ROSM said:
Getting back to the point in hand.

The statement from McGhee says that we would need to take over his contract. That is at least 18months.

In that time he would cost:

his wages (reported as £3.5k per week). This is likley to be guaranteed. So not reduceable if we get relegated.

75 weeks at 3.5k = 260k

Many players these days have their signing on fee spread throughout the term of their contract. That could be as much as 20% of his wages extra per year (2 more payments of this)

= 100k

Any other loyalty bonuses that he may have (again - say 10%)

= 50k

That that is in excess of £400k. Quite a lot for a player who could be in Div 1 next year.

The fact that Burnley want us to take over the contract and not negotiate a new one kind of indicates that there are a lot of these hidden payments still to be made. They have promised him those and they want someone else to pay them.

Excellent post and well done for taking the time to break it all down.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Large One said:
You have nothing constructive to add. All you can do is spout your pathetic fantasies.

It leads me to one question, if you despise the chairman, the manager and the supporters, and you disrespect the players, all of whom are busting their guts to keep this club afloat at a time when clearly all you can do is moan and whinge and peddle lies (The board are now resigned to relegation and will not do anything to try and avoid it.), why do you bother supporting the club at all? It's not as though it appears to serve you any purpose. So why do you do it?

One more question, what is an NSC DK arse licker? I believe you referred to them as 'his loyalists' earlier. Can you define what one of these is?

OK my £500 + for 2 season tickets(which are NOT being renewed) the programmes every game the tea and coke at every game the replica shirts for my son the junior seagulls membership for my son...Do you want me to go on?

No I'm not a Super fan like you seem to be together with a few others but I've paid my money into this club for 30 years and I'll have my say whether you or people like you like it or not.

Last edited:

gerbil said:
The evidence my friend is in the fact that we've not signed a striker despite supposedly searching for 1 since the summer.
We're meant to have offered over 100k for this Brighton fella which was surprise surprise turned down. Why can we not now afford Noel Williams?
The board are now resigned to relegation and will not do anything to try and avoid it.
We will struggle again next season with a lot of the youth team making up the numbers but the NSC DK arse lickers will be happy about that as they will see them all as "1 for the future".

nofuture4vp.png

.....so run along :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here