Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight talking out of his arse

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bhaexpress said:
I've told you before, if you don't like getting offensive PMs don't send them in the first place. And while you're at it, drop the subject before you start boring peope all over again.

Give up on the put downs old man.

At least your mentor is good at it,you however make yourself sound a teensy weensy bit silly
:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Question for Dick Knight?

Have the club dipped into the season ticket income and club running costs to pay for the Public Inquiry?

Or are the directors paying for it?

If it is the former, the supporters (season ticket holders) ought to be given free shares in the new stadium.

:smokin:

The Large One said:
I always feel you have to have a certain mindset to feel patronised.

Yep, basically you have to be a somewhat needy, thin-skinned, depressive, paranoid victim-wannabee. It's no wonder the McGhee out crowd feel constantly patronised.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
London Irish said:
Yep, basically you have to be a somewhat needy, thin-skinned, depressive, paranoid victim-wannabee. It's no wonder the McGhee out crowd feel constantly patronised.

Only by you Oh Great One :bowdown: :bowdown:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
gerbil said:
Only by you Oh Great One :bowdown: :bowdown:

Why thank you, not many people notice. (Was that Gerbil trying his hand at sarcasm ?)

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
bhaexpress said:
Why thank you, not many people notice. (Was that Gerbil trying his hand at sarcasm ?)

Great one is NOT a term I'd use to describe you old boy :dunce:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
gerbil said:
Great one is NOT a term I'd use to describe you old boy :dunce:

They do say ignorance is bliss so you must be wone very happy boy :)

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
brightonfan_86 said:
I back DK 100%, if we put in a six figure bid for Tom Brighton in the January Transfer window, then where has that money gone to? Surely we could use that money to get GNW contract. Something just aint quite right!

The numbers don't stack - haven't done for along time.
If all our transfer money's going to Ecovert etc etc just to stay in business, we're heading for the Southern League or whatever it's called this week, as we can't gaurantee a Virgo coming along at the right time to bail us out every time.
If we're operating within our means, where's the transfer money going to?
Simple questions, but the whole thing's shrouded as far as an explanation of the true situation's concerned.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yorkie said:
That's the problem with gossips. People will always believe gossips instead of the boring truth.
Think you will find yorkie that its you and many like you who are obsessed with the past?

Yes you have an attitude of being very gratefull for having a club yeah?

You have no real ambition for the club,the club needs proper investment not peanuts,i still believe us being so skint is the reason we have got absolutley knowhere in 9 years+.

The club wouldn't be here without dick knight(complete bullshi-t)???

Its time to take a proper reality check sweet heart,knight has been in charge about 6-7 years:rolleyes:

1, falmer is still 50/50

2, we have recieved roughly 5 million pound in players or managers that have left:nono:

3,we have spent before this season 250k in 5-6 years:yawn:

4,pay huge prices to sit in a dump:nono:

5,get pi-ssed around with late merchandise grrrrr

6,chairman and the board are always trying to get the fans to fork out, i.e fund a player scemes grrrrrrr.

7,tries to hold on to managers with all his powers,but fails every time.

That will do for now,look you can say what you want,but nearly 10 years homeless and potless is bloody ludicrous,what is it you want another 10 years homeless,or do you get a huge kick and buzz out of all these millions of campaigns????

Freedom of speech is the name talking sense is my game:clap2:

GAME OVER:drink:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
ROSM said:
Getting back to the point in hand.

The statement from McGhee says that we would need to take over his contract. That is at least 18months.

In that time he would cost:

his wages (reported as £3.5k per week). This is likley to be guaranteed. So not reduceable if we get relegated.

75 weeks at 3.5k = 260k

Many players these days have their signing on fee spread throughout the term of their contract. That could be as much as 20% of his wages extra per year (2 more payments of this)

= 100k

Any other loyalty bonuses that he may have (again - say 10%)

= 50k

That that is in excess of £400k. Quite a lot for a player who could be in Div 1 next year.

I wonder how that compares to what we've paid for McCammon (or Turienzo & Molango, for that matter). I'm suprised he's only on 3.5k.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Repugnant Toad said:
I wonder how that compares to what we've paid for McCammon (or Turienzo & Molango, for that matter). I'm suprised he's only on 3.5k.

Wow, I'm shocked. In all this gerbil felching that's been going on here I thought everybody had missed the point in hand.

I think with McCammon I read that we took over his contract too until the end of the first season and then we paid a fee that meant we could negotiate a new one which may like others contain a reduction clause if we go down. However, he signed for Millwall from Brentford so I'm not sure the deal would've quite been in the same league.

However, assuming 2k per week* and the lack of a 10% loyalty bonus (I am told by a Millwall fan at work that Paphitis refused to pay them after he got stung by one) and also only one year of a signing on fee that we would have paid him (so far):

75 weeks at 2k = 150k

Fee to millwall (I cant be arsed to look it up but I vaguely remember 50k being mentioned)

Any fees due in year one that Millwall agreed = guess at 10k

signing on fee for joing us = again guess at 10k

I would hazard a guess at 220k in total

As for Turienzo - anyones guess but if the rumours of his agent getting 150k as he owned his contract then perhaps 20% of that plus wages whatever they may be.

As for the wages for GNW - that came from Nobody's Dupe and he seems to be quite good on his predictions.

* this is pure guesswork - at least unlike some on here, when I am guessing I own up to it :D

The point I was trying to make is that a club like Burnley with an avergae crowd of almost double ours must be keen to avoid big contracted payments due soon if they are requesting clubs to take over the entirety of GNW's contract.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I guess so. It's a bit galling though, to think of the amount we've spent on sub-standard players, resulting in our now being unable to afford a decent one. I think the McCammon fee itself was 15k if we avoided relegation.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Repugnant Toad said:
I guess so. It's a bit galling though, to think of the amount we've spent on sub-standard players, resulting in our now being unable to afford a decent one. I think the McCammon fee itself was 15k if we avoided relegation.

I know what you mean although I am not sure that I would think of GNW as decent. I may have thought that at the beginning of the season but now we almost need snookers I think nothing short of Zamora returning would save us.

As for McCammon I think you are right in which case his signing on fee (which is on many occasions a percentage of his transfer fee) would need adjusting too.

Repugnant Toad said:
It's a bit galling though, to think of the amount we've spent on sub-standard players, resulting in our now being unable to afford a decent one.

No - there is no causal link there between what we've spent in the past and not getting GNW. We have a wage structure and the £3.5k + all the add ons that GNW's agent insisted we take over from Burnley breached it. End of story.

You may well complain about our wage structure realistically leaving us unable to consolidate in this league but it exists to put a counter-inflationary cap on our spending and preserve the existence of our financially troubled club.

I ask you to name an established tier two player (not an ageing pro on his last contract) we have been able to sign under Dick Knight. The answer is none - because we cannot and never have been able to afford these players - that's the reality of Brighton & Hove Albion. The persistent refusal of a vociferous minority to accept that reality and instead to rather simple-mindedly blame it all on the foibles of the current manager is patently the most logically absurd thing to come out of this season.

Last edited:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
berkshire seagull said:
Think you will find yorkie that its you and many like you who are obsessed with the past?

Yes you have an attitude of being very gratefull for having a club yeah?

1, You have no real ambition for the club,

2, we have recieved roughly 5 million pound in players or managers that have left:nono:

drink:

3 Excellent well made points Berkshire.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I know we have no real money but not being able to find a striker at all has been disapointing.

Surely one Premier League team must have had a half decent striker we could have had on loan?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
I ask you to name an established tier two player (not an ageing pro on his last contract) we have been able to sign under Dick Knight.

Aging though they may be, I'd call Rodger and Blackwell established "tier two" players; the latter in particular could have gone on for years if he hadn't picked up the injury he did. Plus, Ingimarsson, although of course he was only on loan, also Roberts.

It's not an extensive list, I'll grant you, but there is some precedent there.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Bromley shrimp said:
The numbers don't stack - haven't done for along time.
If all our transfer money's going to Ecovert etc etc just to stay in business, we're heading for the Southern League or whatever it's called this week, as we can't gaurantee a Virgo coming along at the right time to bail us out every time.
If we're operating within our means, where's the transfer money going to?
Simple questions, but the whole thing's shrouded as far as an explanation of the true situation's concerned.

What bugs me reading all this is that a large number of people appear to believe we have a God-given right to be told every last detail of the club's financial affairs. We have one of the most open & honest regimes of any club in the league, and yet STILL some folks on here want to whinge and moan.

If we're very unlucky, DK will get fed up of the hassle he's getting for trying to achieve the impossible in rescuing this club from extinction. I don't believe anyone else could have achieved what he's done. Let's just get things in perspective, put this season down to experience, and look forward ro a few seasons watching some very promissing 17 and 18 year olds coming through the ranks. And by the time they reach 21, hopefully we'll be at Falmer. But I expect there will be a whole new bunch of whingers then, complaining the bars don't open early enough, the park and rides are too far away, Falmer railway station is a shithole, etc, etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
berkshire seagull said:
1, falmer is still 50/50

6,chairman and the board are always trying to get the fans to fork out, i.e fund a player scemes grrrrrrr.

7,tries to hold on to managers with all his powers,but fails every time.

That will do for now,look you can say what you want,but nearly 10 years homeless and potless is bloody ludicrous,what is it you want another 10 years homeless,or do you get a huge kick and buzz out of all these millions of campaigns????

1. No, Falmer is the bag. Pay attention.
2. And where do you think that money goes? Stop and think before shooting your mouth off.
6. Fund a player scheme isn't run by the club.
7. No he doesn't. If a manager wants to go, he sends them on their way. I told you that yesterday. Do keep up.

As for the last paragraph, what is your alternative? And for once, can we have an answer from the real world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here